• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eurogamer Expo

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
well I'm kinda glad there wasn't too much revealed because I was thinking capcom was getting ahead of themselves with the Vergil reveal. only a little more than 3 months now. and I cannot wait.

chocolatepanda

Also, he stated that they streamline the styles, such as RoyalGuard and Trickster.

Thats possible but i think the parry system is what they consider RG.

Later on the Perfect Evade gave him 30 points, I'm confused.

Check the style ranking he had during the 2 perfect evades, they have different point multipliers.

KnightBatman

Did anyone else catch that they mentioned Dante's angel mode, demon mode, and HUMAN mode? Does this mean human mode is just normal or he actually does have some human to him??? I like to think of him as being human/angel and half demon. Like Eva went from angel to human but giving birth to vergil and dante made them demon angel and human. Just giving my two cents.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Did anyone else catch that they mentioned Dante's angel mode, demon mode, and HUMAN mode? Does this mean human mode is just normal or he actually does have some human to him??? I like to think of him as being human/angel and half demon. Like Eva went from angel to human but giving birth to vergil and dante made them demon angel and human. Just giving my two cents.

HE HAS AN ANGEL MODE!?

*¬* That would be so cooooool. But it would make sense, if he had alternate angel/demon weapons why not an angel mode?

KnightBatman

HE HAS AN ANGEL MODE!?

*¬* That would be so cooooool. But it would make sense, if he had alternate angel/demon weapons why not an angel mode?

I don't know if he goes full blown angel mode like in the trailers where his hair turns white when he goes devil trigger, but I'm guessing Angel mode is just what they refer to as the stance for when he uses the angel weapons...

Deadlegend

I’m going to hell y’all want anything?
My Review:

Well, after very ambitiously waiting in a long line for DmC, I finally took the XBOX controller and jumped in excitemet for the demo.
I decided to do the 'Under Watch' part first, and from the cutscene straight away, the graphics are truly very impressive. The colours are vivid, and there is a LOT of detail which you don't usually find in many games. The facial animations are VERY good, and that already set me in good hopes for this game!
I started to experiment with all of Dante's modes. I started to see how his Human Mode reacts first:
Very responsive, he does a move from each press of a button, like every other DMC game. I am not a button masher, so I started to see what kinds of combos I can pull off. Boy was I amazed! The variety of combos was very wide, each of them are different and unique in their own style. I paused between some moves, resulting in a different combo altogether.

I then deciced to quickly test out the Angel Mode:
Again, Dante was very responsive, but performed much faster attacks, while dealing less damage to enemies. I tended on using this weapon as a crowd-control weapon, spreading my enemies so I can see which one's a$$ I can kick first.

Demon Mode was a bit of a challenge for me to use, and it did feel a little bit awkward at first. But I knew that's probably I don't tend to use heavy and slow weapons. But despite of its slow but powerful attacks, it was still responsive and fast in its own way.

The guns I didn't use a lot, since they proved to me pretty useless against all enemies (apart from the shard thingies). I mainly used the guns to extend my combo a little, but like I said, they are useless for now. I hope the shotgun will prove me wrong!

So, when I went to the church part, it pi$$ed me right off! I was to blame, since I was dumb enough to not know that I was supposed to hold LT (L2) to air glide :mad: So I decided to just skip it and move on.......*runs off and hides from embarassment*.

Annnnywayyy, I have moved on to the Secret Ingredient boss fight. Boy, that boss did not play nice to me. The main target for me was to hit her hands (or feet?) which gave me a crap combo score, but I to be honest just wanted that ugly thing to be dead for good. The boss became more and more unpredictable as she got more angrier when she got less health left. That resulted me dying twice. TWICE! But I've had a lot of fun with the boss! But the DT was a bit tricky, since it took me FOREVER to work out how to activate it. And it for some reason stopped before it even hit zero on its bar. Strange.......

But anyway, I hope this review puts some people to rest, but this is MY PERSONAL OPINION, and some people might disagree with me on some things I have said.

Feel free to ask any questions, guys! I will answer them as thoroughly as I can! :D

chocolatepanda

Those are the stances like when he uses Osiris and Arbiter. Human mode is when he's using Rebellion.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
How much time did you have to play the game?
I'm really beginning to think that game conventions here in germany are somewhat to strictwith the people who want to test out games...
I was totally limitet at gamescom to about 15 minutes... so I could not test out that much stuff.

Deadlegend

How much time did you have to play the game?
I'm really beginning to think that game conventions here in germany are somewhat to strictwith the people who want to test out games...
I was totally limitet at gamescom to about 15 minutes... so I could not test out that much stuff.

We all took as long as we wanted in the demo. All of the people waiting were very patient and lovely :)

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Man that sucks for me....
First I had to wait for about 2 Hours and then I could not even try out all the stuff I wanted...
Ah well, it still took away most of my wories that day and convinced me to buy the game at day one!
Did you have problems with the auto-lock on?
Some say it works like a charm, but I've read of other who had problems with it.
At Gamescom it was not really optimal to be honest.

Deadlegend

Man that sucks for me....
First I had to wait for about 2 Hours and then I could not even try out all the stuff I wanted...
Ah well, it still took away most of my wories that day and convinced me to buy the game at day one!
Did you have problems with the auto-lock on?
Some say it works like a charm, but I've read of other who had problems with it.
At Gamescom it was not really optimal to be honest.

Awhhh I feel so sorry for you! Well, at least you enjoyed it in the end!
And I did have some trouble with the lock-on, my finger keeps on reaching for LB(L1) all the time XD damn habit!

But it worked well for me overall :D

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
@Deadlegend: Great review, glad you had a good time with it! :)
So what was your favorite part? Any specific part or gameplay mechanic or anything along that lines. :)

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
The guns I didn't use a lot, since they proved to me pretty useless against all enemies (apart from the shard thingies). I mainly used the guns to extend my combo a little, but like I said, they are useless for now.

This is what's got me worried. I've noticed the guns don't get used very much in gameplay videos. They don't seem to pact much of a punch.

Deadlegend

@Deadlegend: Great review, glad you had a good time with it! :)
So what was your favorite part? Any specific part or gameplay mechanic or anything along that lines. :)

Thanks so much, Choco! And hmmm that's a tricky one. Well, I guess the second half of the 'Under Watch' demo where I kill a lot of demons before I destroy 2 cameras. That part was FUUUUN! But I thought the whole demo was awesome! I can't wait for all of you guys to try it out! :D

Deadlegend

This is what's got me worried. I've noticed the guns don't get used very much in gameplay videos. They don't seem to pact much of a punch.

Well, I think they will get more powerful as you upgrade more stuff. But yeah, I did seem a little worried at the start. I just hope charged shot will be available :/

Top Bottom