• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eurogamer Expo

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Wait you played it too?

i was there at the eurogamer, hell im in the video during the Q&A part of it.i played the game three times, doing both the secret ingredient boss fight and the escape level 3 each. only died once, :D
as for the game, it played as i expected. smooth, quick and responsive. only critic is the camera, during a fight it pans out and moves with dante. it looks great of course, but if youre surrounded by 4+ demons it means you tend to not see the one behind you charging its chainsaw until it flys into your screen like a flaming ball of doom.

Gbraga

i was there at the eurogamer, hell im in the video during the Q&A part of it.i played the game three times, doing both the secret ingredient boss fight and the escape level 3 each. only died once, :D
as for the game, it played as i expected. smooth, quick and responsive. only critic is the camera, during a fight it pans out and moves with dante. it looks great of course, but if youre surrounded by 4+ demons it means you tend to not see the one behind you charging its chainsaw until it flys into your screen like a flaming ball of doom.
Tell us more please, every single bit of detail! Talk about the difficulty in the Overturn demo, tell us EVERYTHING.

What was your question in the Q&A?

788Masri

Tell us more please, every single bit of detail! Talk about the difficulty in the Overturn demo, tell us EVERYTHING.

What was your question in the Q&A?

despite what the video said, overturn was NOT available at the con for us to play. all we had were escape and the secret ingredient.

now as for the game, i found it really fun. it was a little odd how the controls were set out but in the end i got used to them. i found the angel/demon triggers particularly difficult to use properly as i constantly got them the wrong way around. the demon weapons are more or less combo finishers, using them in midair always returns youre opponent to the ground. i experimented with as many different combos as i could giving mixed results. some combos failed to do as much as id hoped or just plain failed. others proved to be devastating to demons. although i couldn't manage the trillion stab move or the stinger no matter what i tried. which i found odd, guess i just suck :p

ebony and ivory are a little useless at this point. they do little to no damage to demons. the larger ones blocking them entirely all they are good for are extending combos. i imagine this changes with upgrades further down the game but still..i was a little let down. as i said earlier, you can parry with any weapon as long as the strength and timing are matched. eg you can block a slash with rebellion or osiris. using arbiter however would be more of a counter. rebellion was easiest to parry with as the power and speed of it allowed u to parry with better timing. i did manage to parry with osiris a few times but it took trial and error. it spins quick so getting the timing right is a little tricky.

the auto lock system worked like a charm. i never had any issues with who i fought. if i wanted to change targets id just move dante so faced them even if its only a fraction of a movement it made the difference, however if for example you face a flying enemy who retreated off screen. it sometimes wont lock onto them so you need to move the camera to face them. a minor inconvenience but still.

as for platforming, i only did the escape level so i found platforming pretty easy. as long as you can see the target you are pretty much garuanteed to get it. that being said jumping was a little off for me. i had a dash for long distances and a jump for short ones, i didnt really have a leap for the middle sized distances. so i would occasionally fall short by an inch from the platform or overshoot. im guessing that more to do with my own skills but i feel its worth mentioning.

the boss poison was fairly easy. i only died once fighting her and that was on my first try after doing quite some damage to her. buuuuut youd be surprised by the damage output she can dish out. i was surprised how one slash really tore through my health. i think theyve changed it so she has wider strokes as you cant really dodge to just have her miss like in the past demos. and im not gonna lie the final shot with her head in the fan is more than satisfying :D . i may have had an unfair advantage as i knew her moves from watching demos so i knew how to take her down. people on my sides (one a hardcore DMC fan) struggled more one rage quit LOL.

thats my initial thoughts on the game so far. if i think of anything new ill comment later.

btw i was the dashing rogue in the front row wearing green asking about dashes, auto locks and the secret rooms :p

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well, at least the guy who is playing the demo is good. Overall, the expo is pretty much standard. Nothing really much new imo.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Sounds like they've been improving from the Gamescom build, quite strange that all you've had was the Under Watch and Secret Ingredient too, I'd have guessed that the Overturn mission would be for public hands too by now, so that people could experience weapon switching.
That auto-lock worked so well is a relief, I've had plenty of problems with it when I was playing, but that seems to be fixed, looking forward to this game more and more!

788Masri

Well, at least the guy who is playing the demo is good. Overall, the expo is pretty much standard. Nothing really much new imo.

i think its the same guy who played the other demos. he designed it so i imagine he knows all the moves :p

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
despite what the video said, overturn was NOT available at the con for us to play. all we had were escape and the secret ingredient.

now as for the game, i found it really fun. it was a little odd how the controls were set out but in the end i got used to them. i found the angel/demon triggers particularly difficult to use properly as i constantly got them the wrong way around. the demon weapons are more or less combo finishers, using them in midair always returns youre opponent to the ground. i experimented with as many different combos as i could giving mixed results. some combos failed to do as much as id hoped or just plain failed. others proved to be devastating to demons. although i couldn't manage the trillion stab move or the stinger no matter what i tried. which i found odd, guess i just suck :p

ebony and ivory are a little useless at this point. they do little to no damage to demons. the larger ones blocking them entirely all they are good for are extending combos. i imagine this changes with upgrades further down the game but still..i was a little let down. as i said earlier, you can parry with any weapon as long as the strength and timing are matched. eg you can block a slash with rebellion or osiris. using arbiter however would be more of a counter. rebellion was easiest to parry with as the power and speed of it allowed u to parry with better timing. i did manage to parry with osiris a few times but it took trial and error. it spins quick so getting the timing right is a little tricky.

the auto lock system worked like a charm. i never had any issues with who i fought. if i wanted to change targets id just move dante so faced them even if its only a fraction of a movement it made the difference, however if for example you face a flying enemy who retreated off screen. it sometimes wont lock onto them so you need to move the camera to face them. a minor inconvenience but still.

as for platforming, i only did the escape level so i found platforming pretty easy. as long as you can see the target you are pretty much garuanteed to get it. that being said jumping was a little off for me. i had a dash for long distances and a jump for short ones, i didnt really have a leap for the middle sized distances. so i would occasionally fall short by an inch from the platform or overshoot. im guessing that more to do with my own skills but i feel its worth mentioning.

the boss poison was fairly easy. i only died once fighting her and that was on my first try after doing quite some damage to her. buuuuut youd be surprised by the damage output she can dish out. i was surprised how one slash really tore through my health. i think theyve changed it so she has wider strokes as you cant really dodge to just have her miss like in the past demos. and im not gonna lie the final shot with her head in the fan is more than satisfying :D . i may have had an unfair advantage as i knew her moves from watching demos so i knew how to take her down. people on my sides (one a hardcore DMC fan) struggled more one rage quit LOL.

thats my initial thoughts on the game so far. if i think of anything new ill comment later.

btw i was the dashing rogue in the front row wearing green asking about dashes, auto locks and the secret rooms :p

That was you? Lol I just saw the second person of this forum's real face! (The first being Chocolateghost)

Anyway seems like everything's panned up with the gameplay. Can you tell us about the framerates of the game? Were there any small frame breaks or glitches in it?

788Masri

That was you? Lol I just saw the second person of this forum's real face! (The first being Chocolateghost)

Anyway seems like everything's panned up with the gameplay. Can you tell us about the framerates of the game? Were there any small frame breaks or glitches in it?

i saw no frame breaks, drops or anything of that sort. which surprised me as i was certain id see some especially during the faster moves. so kudos to NT there. as for glitches...well not really i mean, there is this one part where you destroy a wall but the debree just phaze through the floor. maybe its limbo messing with us or maybe a glitch or not. either way its distracting.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Probably until Resident Evil stops getting many views in theaters.... which might be in a month or two.
Or maybe they'll be evil and just have it released only with that Resident Evil film when it comes out on DVD. Like how RE: Degeneration was.

...:'( I hope not, or there really is no hope left!

Top Bottom