• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eurogamer Expo

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Comment Section:
Guy A: Fu.ck you
Guy B:Fu.ck you
Guy C:Fu.ck you
Guy D:Fu.ck you
Guy E:Fu.ck you
Guy F:Fu.ck you

=_=

AngelMode

And Alex gave false information about the reason for 2 dodges, they do not have distinct functions like he said, you need the trigger alongside the dodge to use the modifier.
He probably meant that it was easier to use one bumper while pressing one trigger than the other, and that was the reason for the demon and angel dodges... but you're right, he sort of literally said that each dodge is either demon or angel... just by pressing the bumpers.

And you never know, they probably changed the control scheme... which I doubt, but meh...

Gbraga

Well, I may be the only one, but I liked it, the enemies were really agressive and he showcased some pretty good and interesting gameplay.

I was actually pleased to he him failing to do the Uppercut followup to the Angel Lift, it shows that they really turned it into a timing based thing instead of being mashy. Greg already told us that, but he was so good doing it that we really didn't get to see how tight it actually was lol

Overall Greg is probably a better player, even though he doesn't use the enemy step much (this guy did Helm Breaker JC Helm Breaker A LOT of times in a row, it looks almost silly), but watching someone with a different playstyle is refreshing, I was ready for him to take on the Tyrant with a Rising Dragon or another Eryx charged attack like Greg always do, but instead he did a very smart use of the Angel Dodge using the teleport part of it to get to Tyrant's back and then Demon Pull him to the ground.

Gbraga

He probably meant that it was easier to use one bumper while pressing one trigger than the other, and that was the reason for the demon and angel dodges... but you're right, he sort of literally said that each dodge is either demon or angel... just by pressing the bumpers.

And you never know, they probably changed the control scheme... which I doubt, but meh...
You see, even if they did changed that, that was a gameplay related question, the game dev should've been the one to answer it, they shouldn't have risked giving away false information by having the producer answering. What if they did changed it to be like Alex said, but then changed back after the last time Alex played it himself? The game dev should be the one to answer those kind of questions.

And honestly, even if they did took the lock-on out because they thought gamers were too stupid to get used to it, it would be a much better answer to just say what Itsuno said, that with the Demon and Angel forms being such a core part of the gameplay, it would be too much trouble to hold the lock-on all the time plus one of the triggers for the angel or demon form, and also use the remaining bumper to dodge, it would be hard even for DMC vets. Sometimes I think that the Director title they give to Itsuno really is deserved, he's not even there on a daily basis and he knows more about the game then the devs lol

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I been hyped that today I will see new stuff, well this event was lame, to see only old stuff and In my case ending of show as I missed the time and gotten into stream later :/, I hate old stuff. Still want new gameplay.

AngelMode

Well, I may be the only one, but I liked it, the enemies were really agressive and he showcased some pretty good and interesting gameplay.

I was actually pleased to he him failing to do the Uppercut followup to the Angel Lift, it shows that they really turned it into a timing based thing instead of being mashy. Greg already told us that, but he was so good doing it that we really didn't get to see how tight it actually was lol

Overall Greg is probably a better player, even though he doesn't use the enemy step much (this guy did Helm Breaker JC Helm Breaker A LOT of times in a row, it looks almost silly), but watching someone with a different playstyle is refreshing, I was ready for him to take on the Tyrant with a Rising Dragon or another Eryx charged attack like Greg always do, but instead he did a very smart use of the Angel Dodge using the teleport part of it to get to Tyrant's back and then Demon Pull him to the ground.

Nah, Dom is better than Greg. JC is like the next step you take after learning how each move works, and this guy is got it. I mean, he was smart enough to get away from the Tyrant before he got smacked in the face... and Greg actually died because of that once.

You see, even if they did changed that, that was a gameplay related question, the game dev should've been the one to answer it, they shouldn't have risked giving away false information by having the producer answering. What if they did changed it to be like Alex said, but then changed back after the last time Alex played it himself? The game dev should be the one to answer those kind of questions.

And honestly, even if they did took the lock-on out because they thought gamers were too stupid to get used to it, it would be a much better answer to just say what Itsuno said, that with the Demon and Angel forms being such a core part of the gameplay, it would be too much trouble to hold the lock-on all the time plus one of the triggers for the angel or demon form, and also use the remaining bumper to dodge, it would be hard even for DMC vets. Sometimes I think that the Director title they give to Itsuno really is deserved, he's not even there on a daily basis and he knows more about the game then the devs lol
Well, yeah...

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
There was something relatively new in the stream. It seems that you can enemy step an enemy more than once when it's in the air.

Gbraga

lucky....at least you don't have to deal with the depression i'm going through cause i was expecting new stuff. Is there any other expos near the horizon?
There's New York Comic Con, that would be the only place where I'd expect something new. We're having Brazil Game Show in october here, but it will surely be the same demo, if we get the newest build we're already lucky compared to SF X Tekken last year when they bring an old build lol

I'm still not sure if I'm going though, if I have the money to spend I'll definitely go to test some stuff.

Gbraga

Nah, Dom is better than Greg. JC is like the next step you take after learning how each move works, and this guy is got it. I mean, he was smart enough to get away from the Tyrant before he got smacked in the face... and Greg actually died because of that once.
Yeah but the way he used it was too messy, aside from the Helm Breaker JC Helm Breaker (which we've been seeing since Captivate) he just used it in a weird way to get higher, it wasn't really jump cancelling, he was just casually using enemy step.

And I still think the enemy step hitbox is too big, I'm not sure it will be good enough for more complex stuff if the hitboxes are that big.

AngelMode

There was something relatively new in the stream. It seems that you can enemy step an enemy more than once when it's in the air.

... can you expand on that idea? 'Cus you can enemy step enemies to infinity if you do it to the right type of enemy the right way in past games.

If you mean, enemy step and cancel into another enemy step then... lol that's odd.

AngelMode

Yeah but the way he used it was too messy, aside from the Helm Breaker JC Helm Breaker (which we've been seeing since Captivate) he just used it in a weird way to get higher, it wasn't really jump cancelling, he was just casually using enemy step.

And I still think the enemy step hitbox is too big, I'm not sure it will be good enough for more complex stuff if the hitboxes are that big.

I think that's because of how the Helm Breaker works. In past games if you JC Helm Breaker, the enemy will gradually fall into the ground. You're right, he sort of did it slow-ish but that would be the end result if you did it fast anyway. What I want to see is Aerial Rave being canceled.... or lol the air launcher for the axe being JC XD That would so weird...

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
130370443540-1.gif

...*sigh*

Tiran

The great pretender.
O.k.... As my granny would say: "Who opened a window and let the flies in?"

F#cking hell, the trolls in that session!
Anybody else sense the hypocrisy in criticizing the story and developers for not having standards by using racist, profane and homophobic slurs? This is the group that, unfortunately are always first and loudest on the front lines of the negative response against this game.

Anyway, I'm not impressed with the demo. That was just... standard.

Gbraga

I liked that part when he used the angel glide and imediatly canceled it into something else, it looks pretty good. I wonder if we can do something like aerial rave (1 hit), "glide cancel" aerial rave and do it again and again. The focus on air combat make it easier to stay in the air, but most of the time they're either going up or down, maybe we'll find some depth in staying in the same place in the air while comboing.

And when he did that Helm Breaker that missed, boy I was hoping it hit and the turnaround was intentional, it would be so sick.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Comment Section:
Guy A: Fu.ck you
Guy B:Fu.ck you
Guy C:Fu.ck you
Guy D:Fu.ck you
Guy E:Fu.ck you
Guy F:Fu.ck you

=_=

This is what has convinced me a large percentage of haters are teenager boys with no manners, because the people in that video at least were nice in that I couldn't recall a single comment that could spark a back lash. Now they're just throwing curse words without the effort to make an insult. It's insane and without logic.

They're angry because people said they like what they're doing? Really now. =_=

Gbraga

I think that's because of how the Helm Breaker works. In past games if you JC Helm Breaker, the enemy will gradually fall into the ground. You're right, he sort of did it slow-ish but that would be the end result if you did it fast anyway. What I want to see is Aerial Rave being canceled.... or lol the air launcher for the axe being JC XD That would so weird...
The air launcher with Arbiter is the one he falls down to the ground with a big blow, right? If so, he could JC it and then do rainstorm, it would look cool, I guess.

Aerial Rave being cancelled I had that idea for some time and Greg kindly showed us the use of the neutral dodge to canel the Aerial Rave, so you can do like 3 hits of aerial rave, neutral dodge and aerial rave once again. The best thing about it is that it's really practical when you're comboing an enemy and a Stinger appears, you can dodge it's bullet and keep the combo going. And if you do it at the last time you'll get a Style Bonus, that was another new thing (at least for me) on that stream, he gained 30 points (if I'm remembering correctly) for dodging on the last moment.

Top Bottom