• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach Fair

Ello everyone. I found this forum while searching for a Devil May cry Forum and was happy about it. I usually never post out of the art section, which is where I find I'm best in ( as in good in art). I'm the type of person who would get on a spinning chair, throw up and get back on that chair again. I'm straightforward and don't jump around the bush, as well as honest. I always speak my mind and have been told numerous times that I'm fair in what I say hence the name Fair in my screenname. My name is Zach and put those two together you get Zach Fair. Anyhow, alot of people don't like me because of my honesty and straightforwardness. And I'm sure there are many more to come.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Eh....
You annoy me boy.

You need not be here starting shnit with me or Neros.

Zach Fair

Esura;138883 said:
Eh....
You annoy me boy.

You need not be here starting shnit with me or Neros.
I'm not starting anything. I don't know who started it, but just as everything has both a beginning and an end, I ended the little debate.

Esura

Zach Fair;138888 said:
I'm not starting anything. I don't know who started it, but just as everything has both a beginning and an end, I ended the little debate.

Sniff, sniff.....I smell pure utter bull****!

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
Normally I would say "Hi I'm OWA and welcome to the DMC forums" but from what I saw on NerosDevil's and Esura's profile, you have no right to to say that her Photoshop work is Noobish and that yours an Dante's are a lot better. Seeing as you haven't been here long, you cannot just come here and judge peoples work wether it is **** or not. Everybody has their own style for creating signatures or whatever, oh and one more thing I don't care if you say mines noobish, because I don't care. Advice : Don't judge people until you have been here long enough for you to have that right....and grow up -.-'

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Welcome to the forums. Just a shame you got yourself onto a bad start. Hopefully if you post in future it won't cause so many problems.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hope your future posts are less flaming than ive seen so far and we dont get off to a bad start with you. Welcome to our forums regardless.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
im not sure about u........ u ahve all ready got told off by keaton IN your FIRST post......

Zach Fair

One Winged Angel;138897 said:
Normally I would say "Hi I'm OWA and welcome to the DMC forums" but from what I saw on NerosDevil's and Esura's profile, you have no right to to say that her Photoshop work is Noobish and that yours an Dante's are a lot better. Seeing as you haven't been here long, you cannot just come here and judge peoples work wether it is **** or not. Everybody has their own style for creating signatures or whatever, oh and one more thing I don't care if you say mines noobish, because I don't care. Advice : Don't judge people until you have been here long enough for you to have that right....and grow up -.-'

Being a graphic mod doesn't give me the right to judge graphic which I mod? o_O. I'm pretty sure that was one of the qualifications. I do have the right to say her work is noobish as long as it is. I didn't judge her character or anything else because I haven't been here long enough too, but graphics I can judge regardless of my join date. And thanks for the welcome :p

Dark Drakan

Admin
Zach Fair;139250 said:
Being a graphic mod doesn't give me the right to judge graphic which I mod? o_O. I'm pretty sure that was one of the qualifications. I do have the right to say her work is noobish as long as it is. I didn't judge her character or anything else because I haven't been here long enough too, but graphics I can judge regardless of my join date. And thanks for the welcome :p

Pretty sure calling someone Noobish and having bad work isnt judging, constructive ratings or advice its flaming and insulting. As well as referring to someone as 'Retarded' and 'The Chick'

Zach Fair

Dark Drakan;139254 said:
Pretty sure calling someone Noobish and having bad work isnt judging, constructive ratings or advice its flaming and insulting. As well as referring to someone as 'Retarded' and 'The Chick'

So you guys want me to suck up and say her work is good even though its not?o_O

I'm pretty sure on all other forums they tell you the truth.

Esura

Zach Fair;139271 said:

Dude, just please stfu and let it go goddammit!

People here (other than me) are trying to be nice to you.

Zach Fair

Esura;139276 said:
Dude, just please stfu and let it go goddammit!

People here (other than me) are trying to be nice to you.

I did let it go, but I'm asking if thats what you guys want me to do.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Zach Fair;139271 said:

We're not saying that - all we're saying is that using such terms as you have when regarding another person's work like n00bish and retarded is out of order and unnecessary.

If you don't like someone's work that's fine. If you have an opinion on how they could perhaps improve or a technique that they may have gotten the wrong idea about, then by all means instruct them on how you personally think they could better their works - but not by saying "your work is n00bish and crap compared to so and so, you retard" or words to that effect.

Blind praise is just as pointless as insulting someone's efforts - nobody is suggesting you fawn over somebody when you don't mean it. Indeed, many here do not comment on certain things people have made because they simply have nothing constructive to say - similarly if you have nothing which seeks to help and uplift another person whilst teaching them a better way of doing things, you'll find it best not to say anything at all. Maybe the attitude you have works really well on the other site you are part of but here it really won't.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Zach Fair;139271 said:

Not at all but theres a difference between constructive critism that encourages people to improve their work and flat out insulting comments. First forum i helped run with Steve was a GFX Forum and at no point did people critique others with with comments like 'Your low level' 'Your work is bad' 'Your work is Noobish' or 'Your retarded' followed by insulting messages on their profiles. This doesnt help people improve it just insults them and their work and isnt helpful or encouraging and you should know that.

I havent done anything with GFX in a very long time but i still help some friends improve their work. Not because im better as they are much more skilled than me in the programs but because i can look at their work in an impartial way and see improvements and give advice. Doesnt matter how good someone thinks they are theres always someone better but that doesnt mean anything. Anyone can give advice on artistic level with an artistic view regardless of their actual skill in the program. As everyone can see when lighting is off, blending that could be done better or text that would fit the theme better. Doesnt mean you have to be insulting though, just give advice or things you would change in a polite manner. Doesnt mean the person has to change it, they could just take that into account for their next piece.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Zach Fair;139271 said:

^Its called constructive criticism. If you don't like it, offer advice on how it could be improved.

You don't need to insult people, being hurtful will get you banned here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom