• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Elemental DTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

darkslayer13;265872 said:
in general it would depend on what type of demon it would look like. as to your yeti example... no yeti DTs. Yeti's are not stylish or cool. they are just hairy. so let's avoid Yeti Dante.
Well, I just meant should it look like the demon or the element? I'm sure they could make a demonic looking yeti though. Pop some horns and a tail on it, and it is pretty scary.

KOH: Right I forgot about that. But I think the point is that the amulets were "turned into" keys by the way Sparda sealed the Gru. Before that, they could have been regular demonic artifacts. They couldn't have always been keys to the underworld, because they come from the underworld, meaning that the demons had the key to get out all the time.

So I think they became the key when Sparda used them, but I'm not sure if they are just a random key to the underworld at any location or what.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;265914 said:
Well, I just meant should it look like the demon or the element? I'm sure they could make a demonic looking yeti though. Pop some horns and a tail on it, and it is pretty scary.

I think it should look more like the demon than the element.

Instead of a yeti, what about a snow wolf? Wolves are pretty scary in their own right too.

King of Hell

Must Die
moses: maybe you're right, but when Vergil said "originaly it was the key to the demon world but was given to humans as a gift", it either means he created the amulet during his Rebellion & gave it to Eva later, or the amulets were keys way before the Rebellion & Sparda took it & sealed the underworld. especially seeing as how many keys there are to the underworld (yamato, the amulet, the philosopher's stone).
so we know that Sparda created yamato, but we're pretty sure he didn't create the Philosopher's stone, & the amulet seems like it was an artifact similar to the stone.

anyway, we can never know. so you wanna know if a DT should be elemental or look like the demon we got it from? easy, both. just like Alastor. keep the color & the effects of the element with the appearance of the demon.

moseslmpg

DreadnoughtDT;265916 said:
I think it should look more like the demon than the element.

Instead of a yeti, what about a snow wolf? Wolves are pretty scary in their own right too.
Funny you should mention that, since we had a snow wolf boss in the fangame and developed a DT for it as well. although the snout needs to be longer on the DT, you can check the boss out on the Sparda fic I posted. It is in the Battle of Brethren chapter, in the footnotes IIRC.

KOH: Alastor didn't really look like electricity though. But I know what you mean.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;266199 said:
Funny you should mention that, since we had a snow wolf boss in the fangame and developed a DT for it as well. although the snout needs to be longer on the DT, you can check the boss out on the Sparda fic I posted. It is in the Battle of Brethren chapter, in the footnotes IIRC.

KOH: Alastor didn't really look like electricity though. But I know what you mean.

The boss looks nice. I liked the design. ^_^ Nice and demonic, just the way they should be.

I thought a wolf DT could always look like this.

Lance_anthro_by_kimba16.png

But less cartoony, of course.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
For the amulets...the perfect amulet was given to humans by the King of Hell/Devil king/something[not Mundus or Argosax] before Sparda existed,to access the demon realm.The humans didn't use it right,the demons went berserk and stuff happened that doesn't matter that much.Mundus gave it to Sparda for some reason[never stated,but we can assume].When SParda had a change of heart he used the basic abilities of the amulet[the traverse between the worlds ability] and used it in ways no one thought of[the rest of the powers exhibited by the amulet].And then he split it in two and after he fathered the twins he wrote each one's name to the back of one of the amulets.

Also Vergil's amulet is silver like Dante's.It was a colour malfunction in DMC3 and they never fixed it...just like SUper Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle.

moseslmpg

The thing is, I don't want the wolf DT too make him simply look like a werewolf. So it would have to have something more than an anthropomorphic wolf.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;266272 said:
The thing is, I don't want the wolf DT too make him simply look like a werewolf. So it would have to have something more than an anthropomorphic wolf.

I was thinking blades of ice that could extend out of his wrists or some such. Things like that.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^OOOOOHHHH!!!Like that guy from Megaman Zero 4!What was his name again...the ice werewolf guy?Nice idea.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;266279 said:
^OOOOOHHHH!!!Like that guy from Megaman Zero 4!What was his name again...the ice werewolf guy?Nice idea.

Fenri Lunaedge, I think was his name.

King of Hell

Must Die
I don't think the DT should look EXACTLY like the father demon, but actually borrow design elements, like fangs, extra arms...you know what I mean.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;266295 said:
^I wonder what kind of weapon would require a DT with extra arms to use it's full potential...

Four broadswords, maybe? I always imagined that Phantom could give four lava broadswords and the DT would make Dante/Nero look insectoid.

King of Hell

Must Die
Dante doesn't have to weild 4 swords, maybe in DT mode we can shoot using E&I while slashing away with twin swords, its too complicated though, but my point is, 4 arms wouldn't limit Dante with just 4 swords, we should have more variaty.

^^ I didn't mean I don't like weilding 4 swords, I meant having 4 arms should go deeper than just allowing us to weild more swords.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
King of Hell;266297 said:
Dante doesn't have to weild 4 swords, maybe in DT mode we can shoot using E&I while slashing away with twin swords, its too complicated though, but my point is, 4 arms wouldn't limit Dante with just 4 swords, we should have more variaty.

^^ I didn't mean I don't like weilding 4 swords, I meant having 4 arms should go deeper than just allowing us to weild more swords.

Or two arms could wield a giant axe while the others use E&I, or some other guns.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I'm just thinking...what kind of crazy Devil arm could be wielded by one or two arms during human mode,but during DT mode,Dante could gain more arms to access the full power of said Devil arm...a multi weapon?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;266305 said:
I'm just thinking...what kind of crazy Devil arm could be wielded by one or two arms during human mode,but during DT mode,Dante could gain more arms to access the full power of said Devil arm...a multi weapon?

A nine-headed spiked flail, or a kusari-gama!

King of Hell

Must Die
it would be awesome to see two-some time while doing a crazy combo with twin swords, or Stinger AND Gunstiner at the same time. 4 arms could really work for crowd control. I'm thinking maybe Gauntlet-like weapon works best for more arms, its the most logical I guess. but double-edged twin swords work too, each sword can be split in two in devil trigger form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom