• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

E3 2017

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dante showed up in a MVC4 trailer. I'm still annoyed that they didn't at least TRY to give Dante a new look.
The thing about that is that if there was a DMC game in development, that would be the outfit they showed off on the trailer, not the DMC3 again. I'm giving up on a new DMC at E3 this year.

Playstation's thing's over. C+ for me. Shadow of the Colossus seemed interesting, the mouse game picked my interest, but so far, except for the Evil Within 2, BG&E2, and a few others this E3 has been a real slow and uninteresting affair.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That's it? That's all there was?? Well that was a let down. At least Microsoft had some interesting games that kept me invested. Sony was okay, but I wished we got something a little...more.

The games I AM hyped for are mostly KH3, GoW, Evil Within 2, Spiderman, AC origins, Days Gone, and that pirate game. Moss looks cute, and the Dragon Ball game may be the best looking DBZ game in some time.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
This was an incredibly underwhelming E3 showing. It showed me nothing that I didn't already know about, like Wolfenstein: New Colossus and Spider-Man PS4.

Literally the closest thing to a nice surprise these past showings have been afforded is the news of Original Xbox support, and that means absolutely nothing if you don't own an XB1.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
The thing about that is that if there was a DMC game in development, that would be the outfit they showed off on the trailer, not the DMC3 again. I'm giving up on a new DMC at E3 this year.
That would essentially take away from the reveal of a new game if they showed off a new design here.

The "leaks" from December even said that MvC Infinite Dante would only have his new look if DMC5 was revealed before his MvC appearance, otherwise the DMC3 skin.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
Another E3 , No DMC
alright .............................Get a Rope
hanged_man.jpg

Erian1Mortal

Premium
hmmmm.... God of War look cool design wise, dunno about the story. The combat looks really bad though, such a combat system just cannot function with a camera this close. I'll watch a walkthrough on youtube when it comes out I guess.
Spiderman looks fun, even though heavily scripted, gonna keep that on my radar.
Monster Hunter World also looks kinda interesting, won't buy it since I don't play online on my PS4 and it likely won't come to PC.

berto

I Saw the Devil

So is this it for E3 or is there something else coming?
No. The conferences are not E3, they're what happens before E3. E3 is a bit like comic con, a giant showcase of games at a convention center. The actual E3 begins today and ends Friday. Now we get to see trailers from everyone else.

berto

I Saw the Devil
http://time.com/4804768/playstation-4-ps4-pro-psvr-sales/

Just so it's not lost in the woodworks, Sony announced that they're expansion of PS2 Backwards-Compatible titles is coming to a close, leaving only the remaining games in its sparse digital library.

....Great.
Yeah, but that guy's a moron. Sony hasn't delivered any backwards compatibility, they've just tried to sell us older games digitally or through streaming, which is what they always do, how they try to milk us, by selling us games we already own. If I tried putting in my copy of Trapt on my PS4 it won't play so let's not pretend they're even trying to get us backwards compatibility. The PS4 isn't backwards compatible just because there's a few titles in it's library that are remasters from its predecessors.

On top of that we have a guy who can't understand why anyone would want to play games that outdated. It's not like video games that are old can still be fun or worthwhile since the only thing worth paying attention to is the graphics, right? The problem is that this a'hole has pull in these matters.

And so, here we are, with a bunch of execs who don't get why we don't buy games we already own while people like me have a table with a PS3 next to a PS4 with a PS2 slim on top of said PS4 while people with an XB1 only need one machine now. I'm willing to bet that they are only interested in a form of backwards compatibility that requires the player to pay for it again, a stream of revenue, rather than a real backwards compatibility, which they tried with the fat PS3's and it backfired on them because it made the systems too expensive. The thing is if Sony wanted to give us a real way to play our old games they would and not trying to sell us a streaming service, which in itself is a noble concept, or trying to make us buy the old game we might already own. If they wanted to give us some kind of real BC they'd figure it out, like maybe making an external disc drive with the PS2 components or the PS3's Cell processor, which you plug in to your PS4 via USB or a limited edition BC PS4 which is limited because apparently only a hand full of people would really want one.

Wasn't there a major title that Capcom was going to announce at E3? We already knew that MvCI existed so they definitely didn't mean that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom