• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dylan o'brien for dante

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
8ed260f5-b1e7-4243-badd-f5ff26d88d5e.jpg

you know, that kid from maze runner, man gotta say this kid is perfect for DmC dante, i don't know how tall he is but he's not looking tall enough for the role, but they can work that ofc..

but seriously i've been wanting this kid to play as DmC dante since the first movie, but he was still rather skinny in that, and in the second movie he got rather beefed up just a little, and the way he walks, it's perfectly like DmC dante..

and hey, if they ever make devil may cry movie, wether its the reboot or the original, the kid can still play a role

for DmC, since he's currently looking younger than DmC dante, they could make a pre-DmC movie, maybe with the story NT meant to make.. both his character in maze runner and DmC Dante imo are the same, a cliched cool struggling young protagonist, so he should act effortlessly, and he's kinda good with the acting

and for DMC, so when i watch the kid, and remembered people would love ian sommerhalder to be dante, this kid can play as young ian, and i think i'm not the only one thinking so, cuz when i image googled dylan o'brien, some of ian's pic are there too.. so if they decided to use ian, maybe the kid could play as flashbacks, maybe as DMC3 dante..

i'm really excited and i gotta make this thread, i hope this thread showed up in goggle search so it can contaminate other people, NguugnuggUGUAUAHHUAHAHAYUAUAUAAaa

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
lol, come oooooooon, you don't like this kid?
You misunderstand. Now that you've pointed this kid out from a movie I've never seen, who looks exactly like Dante, I can't see him being anyone else OTHER than Dante.

On looks alone, he's practically identical. I haven't seen the actor himself in action, though...so I can't speak for his mannerisms or charisma to match the character.

absolitude

You misunderstand. Now that you've pointed this kid out from a movie I've never seen, who looks exactly like Dante, I can't see him being anyone else OTHER than Dante.

On looks alone, he's practically identical. I haven't seen the actor himself in action, though...so I can't speak for his mannerisms or charisma to match the character.

yayyyyyyy~ lol..

you should watch him then, maybe some clips on youtube, and go for the second maze runner movie, the scorch trials, him with the shabby jacket, jeans n boots, the way he walks, and his expressions seriously resembles DmC dante, for me at least.. i just wish he could be taller

outoftheblue

Doubtful, guys. I´m not even going to enter a disscussion about a DmC inspired movie, I already gave up on a DMC inspired one, so...., but that kid is main cast in the TEEN WOLF tv show, so i don´t see him branching out too much.

absolitude

Doubtful, guys. I´m not even going to enter a disscussion about a DmC inspired movie, I already gave up on a DMC inspired one, so...., but that kid is main cast in the TEEN WOLF tv show, so i don´t see him branching out too much.

i've never even hear about teenwolf, but i've a bug hunch about something twilight-ish..

and hey, even if you resent talking about DmC inspired movie and gave up on DMC inspired one, i seriously appreciate you posting here and share your thoughts about the kid, i think we are all in a pessimistic manner about any future related devil may cry, but it still is nice to talk about dmc related stuffs.. maybe letting capcom know the community still wants more and in a certain direction, which we all know capcom knows but still they're-- nah, forget it, that's another story

absolitude

Yeah, he would be a pretty good choice for Dante (and Vergil) in a DmC-based movie. And sources list him as 5'10"(178cm). Pretty average height, but it wouldn't be hard to make him look tall.

well at least he's taller than tom cruise then.. yeah, i think it'll be easy to make him look tall, he has nice body proportion to begin with..

and for vergil, i think they could use logan lerman
loganlerman-shortlist-032414.jpg

they'll be believable as twins, and in the DmC game dante has the more sharp and strong face lines while vergil is softer and chubbier.. these two should be the best choice and realistic --not so costly, and yeah they're looking very much like teens, but the game itself appeared to be targeted foe this range of age, so maybe where the game failed to achieve, the movie may do better.. just don't make the movie too teenie

i feel like i need to spam capcom about this

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I saw him in Teen Wolf. Sorry but his mimic is very, very different from nDante. He may have similar haircut, but thats about it from how he acts and moves.

absolitude

I saw him in Teen Wolf. Sorry but his mimic is very, very different from nDante. He may have similar haircut, but thats about it from how he acts and moves.

well i don't know about teenwolf --the title is so yucky, lol--, but i just read about what his fans say about him on imdb, his character n portrayal in teenwolf is indeed very different than the one in scorch trials.. thus they say this kid can really act, and they did say he looked rather different in both

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
well i don't know about teenwolf --the title is so yucky, lol--, but i just read about what his fans say about him on imdb, his character n portrayal in teenwolf is indeed very different than the one in scorch trials.. thus they say this kid can really act, and they did say he looked rather different in both
ITs based on old comedy movie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Wolf And well, I mean he may act different, but don't think he looked different.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
yeah, it's his fans who said he looked different, is it good btw the teenwolf series? after twilight i'm kinda weary with vampires and werewolves depiction on media
uh, well they tried to pull Buffy on it, but its not as good as it may be. Its watchable if there isn't much better movies around.

absolitude

uh, well they tried to pull Buffy on it, but its not as good as it may be. Its watchable if there isn't much better movies around.

good enough, i'm currently bored, so i think it's the right time to give it a try, haha..

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Personally I wanted this guy for Spider-Man after they announced Andrew Garfield was gonna be replaced. But now that I think about it, I could see him as Dante (be it based on the original or reboot), depending on how old Dante is suppose to be. I'd rather Ian Somerhalder for an older Dante though.

As for height, well according to his mug shot DmC Dante is just about 6'0 (or a little under), Dylan O'Brien is....... *google search* .......5'11....So pretty much spot-on, he's taller then Ian Somerhalder, who's just a tad over 5'9

EDIT: @absolitude Teen Wolf, is nothing like Twilight. D@mmit, this is what I hate about Twilight, anytime anyone brings up vamps or wolves someone has to go "Twilight"

absolitude

dunno if you like it, but try Lost Girl. I found it a little better tbh.

i'll google fot it

Personally I wanted this guy for Spider-Man after they announced Andrew Garfield was gonna be replaced. But now that I think about it, I could see him as Dante (be it based on the original or reboot), depending on how old Dante is suppose to be. I'd rather Ian Somerhalder for an older Dante though.

As for height, well according to his mug shot DmC Dante is just about 6'0 (or a little under), Dylan O'Brien is....... *google search* .......5'11....So pretty much spot-on, he's taller then Ian Somerhalder, who's just a tad over 5'9

EDIT: @absolitude Teen Wolf, is nothing like Twilight. D@mmit, this is what I hate about Twilight, anytime anyone brings up vamps or wolves someone has to go "Twilight"

lots of the talks on imdb are wanting him to be spiderman too, you're definitely not alone here.. for adult dante definitely go with ian, and i didn't know dylan's taller than ian, then the kid fits the role anytime they want to bring the young dante to the screen, wether the reboot or the original..

lololol, i'm sorry about teenwolf, like i said, ever since the horror that is twilight, i get weary about vamps and weres.. so teen wolf is legit to watch right?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@absolitude: Is this thread purely to discuss this guy as DmC Dante? If so, would you mind if I moved this thread to DmC General Discussion?

Top Bottom