• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DSI

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Anyone looking forward to the latest development in the nintendo DS range?

Nintendo DSi

In October 2008, Nintendo announced that it would release a new model of the Nintendo DS to Japan in November. The Nintendo DSi will be a repackaging of the DS Lite with new features.

The DSi will feature larger (3¼ inch) screens, two built-in cameras and an SD memory card slot. The new handheld will also be able to play music and connect to an online store to purchase and download software directly to the Nintendo DSi. The console will be 12% smaller than the DS Lite, but will not include the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot.

The DSi will be released November 2008 in Japan. Other releases worldwide have yet to be announced.

thats basic info on it, should be good to use, but im going to keep my DS, and GBA

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
biohazardmaster;141719 said:
^ ok i got it but why is it called dsi?

^ Agreed, the name sounds...Meh... =]

Sounds cool though, I might get one ;)

Keaton

Premium
Personally I'm looking forward to it, the DS always lacked the charm of the PSP by restricting basic functions (such as viewing photos). Plus with the new DSi Store it will be fun to download tidbits to it at a whim :D

But chances are I wills till keep my regular DS - the GBA slot still comes in handy for all my older Advance Games :)

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I already have a DS lite but I might be getting this. I'm disapointed they took away the GBA compatability :(. :).

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
they took it out so that the screen can be bigger, but the console itself smaller, im amazed that they can make it smaller really, and put it all those extras

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
DSI "Sounds like CSI :lol:"

The I could stand for "Improved" Idk... :p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ ? I said "Maybe". And if it has some add ons then technically that would be improved. I mean, it is just an improved version of the Nintendo DS Lite, if I am correct?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Simply to improve on what they had already I suppose. They are allowed to do so, "Make slight alterations to an existing console, rename it, make it, sell it"

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Just as those who have PS3's will envy those who have PS4's when they come out. Everything changes and moves forward in the gaming industry, these companies can't worry about existing fans of their consoles who will get jealous of their new console that they don't have. If they did, then there hardly would be any new consoles.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I dont know what the I stands for, but i think that LoD got it right, improved or, maybe something in japanese as the company is based there, i will try and find out and ask my japanese teacher

EDIT: after a quick search, it seems nothing is confirmed but some theorys are:
i - interactive
i - eye (camera)
i - incredibly expensive comapred to my coutnerpart
i - i as wii - we
i - iwata - the creator of it(apparently)
i - images

those are just some

Keaton

Premium
The DSi is called so because it is going to be known as the "Nintendo Duel Screen Interactive" iirc, this also supports the new DSi Store that will be unveiled in Japan shortly after the release (the one where you can download demos, music, images etc).

I think it will be fantastic :D

Top Bottom