• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragonball evolution

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
What did you think of it?

I thought it was pretty good considering the age it was made in.

I for one am hoping for a sequel.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I haven't seen it. I've been invited to watch it, but I was hoping that people could give me their views...
Haven't watched any DB since it was on TV all those years ago. So I'm not a huge fan, but I know the basics. Should I watch it?

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Bringer I'm shocked! You actually liked it? Piccolo looked awesome and thats the only thing I like about the movie. What completely destroyed my experience with the movie is when Goku did his Kamehameha >.>

Dark Drakan

Admin
I was disgusted and appalled at this abomination of a movie. Was absolutely terrible and one of the worst movies ive ever seen. Blatant cash in with no thoughts for the actual fanbase. No depth to characters, rushed, story totally ruined and not followed at all and characters that look nothing like the shows. Utter disgrace of a movie...

Heres what i said earlier shortly after watching it...

Dark Drakan said:
Watched Dragon Ball Evolution just because i found a decent stream of it and so i could say ive seen it and how absolutely, 100%, terribly, embarrassingly bad it is. Possibly one of the WORST movies i have ever seen and a total slap in the face to all Dragon Ball fans. DO NOT PAY TO WATCH THIS MOVIE! Im warning you now, you will never get the time back you waste seeing this abomination of a movie. Turned one of the greatest most well known Anime series into an absolute Americanised joke... pathetic.

They didnt even try to resemble some characters:

Puar original

Puar Dragon Ball Evolution (one in the red)

Master Mutaito Comparison

This review sums it up quite well i think:

Dragon Ball Evolution Review - Anime Network

Quite like this quote:

Here's what happened instead: a bunch of talentless hacks with studio money slapped together a big steaming pile of baffling garbage that fails utterly on every possible level and will please no one at all.

If you walked into this movie cold – with only a cursory knowledge of who Goku is or what the original story is about – your jaw will be agape at what unbelievable horsecrap is unfolding before you.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;168549 said:
You serious? Why'd he turn good?

When Raditz showed up at the start of Dragon Ball Z he was vastly more powerful than both Piccolo and Goku. Piccolo who planned to kill Goku and rule the world knew that they couldnt take him on alone and he would destroy the planet if they didnt team up. So even though Piccolo hated Goku he had no choice but to team up with him. It was when he met Gohan and realised his power and started to train him he started to become good as he became quite fond of him.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Drakan, at least DB: Evo isnt as bad as Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li though. Dont get me wrong, I agree with nearly everything you said about DB: Evo but I assure you....Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li is worst.....way...****ing...worse.

Oh, and this may **** anime fans off but...Zac Efron is playing Sagara from Full Metal Panic in the new, Hollywood made Full Metal Panic movie. And the same screen writer for Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li is the screen writer for this one as well.

Also, there is going to be a Shadow of the Colossus movies coming out as well.

Dont believe me...look it up.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Why is it that anime that become live action movies are always a let down? Death note, good, but still not as good as the anime. DB, bad reviews on the most part. And several others, but I don't really have the time...

I also heard that Zac Effron might be playing Light/Raito in the death note Hollywood version of the film. This hasn't been confirmed *thank Kira*

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Vauxchen-kun;168558 said:
Why is it that anime that become live action movies are always a let down? Death note, good, but still not as good as the anime. DB, bad reviews on the most part. And several others, but I don't really have the time...

I also heard that Zac Effron might be playing Light/Raito in the death note Hollywood version of the film. This hasn't been confirmed *thank Kira*

Zac Efron needs to stay playing in ****ty Disney movies like HSM. The world of anime aint fo him yo!

EDIT: Whos Raito?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;168556 said:
Drakan, at least DB: Evo isnt as bad as Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li though. Dont get me wrong, I agree with nearly everything you said about DB: Evo but I assure you....Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li is worst.....way...****ing...worse.

I knew that was going to be terrible so avoided that like the plague. I only watched DB: Evolution so i could warn fellow fans away from that diabolic shambles of a movie.

Esure said:
Also, there is going to be a Shadow of the Colossus movies coming out as well.

Dont believe me...look it up.

Script writer from Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li. Which doesnt bode well at all.

Gunslinger55

Me and a few friends went in to see it expecting a "so bad its good" kind of movie. It wasn't quite the atrocity we were expecting, but it was still a poorly-written bore that had crappy camera work for the fight scenes and mediocre acting. The only high point for me was Chow-Yun Fat, but this is mostly because I'm a fan of his work with John Woo and he seemed to be the only one in the cast to put any effort to what he was doing.

Top Bottom