• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

does it feel like a devil may cry title?

DMC

Devil May Cry
I'm sorry but the whole reason for not liking the reboot because they "changed" Dante and Vergil seems silly considering the reboot was it's own universe plus Dante in the original franchise wasn't really consistent to begin with while Vergil has only DMC3 in terms of character portrayals and maybe DMC1 through Nelo Angelo a bit. Not trying to start a derail just never got the complaint tbh.
Basically wasn't really my type of game... I like the original series like most people... The rebbot dante and virgil just didnt settle with me right... I just like the original games better lol

DarkSlayer54

I definitely disliked / hated the DmC universe / characters.

I would have preferred if they just continued the story with the new gameplay. Instead of demon / angel, they could have just had light / heavy for the two styles.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It depends on how you define what a DMC game is.

Some people think its the combat, others think its the tone or Dante's portrayal, others think its the aesthetic and so on.

And some people put more weight on some than the others. Which explains the backlash for DmC.

Funny thing is the in-game cutscene between nico and nero remind me of ff15. Just in its presentation and the background sound.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly, everything about Nico reminds me of a discount Cidney from FFXV. :tongue:
I wouldn't mind if V had the same VA as Noctis.:cool:

Nico lacks Cidney's charm tho

I wouldnt mind if Ariana popps up tho. She was cool and i ship her and ignis.

On topic- i was never that invested in the gothic aesthethic or the Victorian clothes so i dont mind the modernization.

D.Dark

I hate the new artstyle. It seems Capcom is really pushing for that muted CGI fake photorealistic look this gen. I suppose they were one of the few developers with a lot of colour in their games in the previous generation so now it's time for them to go grey, black and "realistic" while everyone else shy away from it.

And they seem to want to please the fans too much, RE7 went beyond the roots infact it went under the tree roots and dug the black mud out and painted their games with it. RE7 is the first in the mainline games without a rocket ending dammit!!

I look at DMCV like a soft reboot, eases my pain. I vastly prefer the cartoon-y look, it went well with the cheese and fun nature of their games with occasional melodrama. Seriously not a fan of the new RE engine, but fine, variety I suppose..

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
The hyper realism is off-putting but the world is very DMC to me. The DMC universe has always been a strange beast. It' basically our modern world but with retro aspects. There are no cellphones and no internet and I'm not really sure on computers, probably typewriters honestly.

It's like if modern vehicles and fashion were around in the 80s.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm sorry but the whole reason for not liking the reboot because they "changed" Dante and Vergil seems silly considering the reboot was it's own universe plus Dante in the original franchise wasn't really consistent to begin with while Vergil has only DMC3 in terms of character portrayals and maybe DMC1 through Nelo Angelo a bit. Not trying to start a derail just never got the complaint tbh.
I assume what meant is that HOW they were changed. Not all changes are likable after all.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
V could use a more proper wizard's look. Right now he looks like he just came from a rave (it be funny if he did).

something like this.
kisspng-paul-mcgann-eighth-doctor-doctor-who-war-doctor-doctor-5ac8f18153ffc9.7901832015231184653441.jpg

maybe he has a prototype skin like nero did in 4se?

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
It's got a more modern urban vibe compared to the other games. Which actually I don't mind, and even welcome. One thing I actually did like about DmC was it's more urban setting (though I was mixed on Limbo, the level design could be cool at times, but I wasn't a fan of all the saturation, it actually hurt my eyes at times)

Top Bottom