• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think in DmC 2 Dante should have a different personality&appearance ?

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
I would actually like him to go as morally corrupt he can get.. only thing he needs is to be as charismatic as possible while being a Class A b@stard.

I'd actually like him to be more noble, more heroic.

More of a Disney Anti-hero than a Unscrupulous one. You seem to want him to be a nominal hero, like Alucard

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Or he could be like Kumagawa
Misogi_Kumagawa.jpg

Appears good at first, but then...
misogi_kumagawa_by_bradxkt-d4qt4e7.jpg

Jim-From-Office-Shiver.gif

Like he's repressing all his anger with a good smile and one liners, but deep down he's incredibly easy to anger and will get violent.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
He'd likely show more development in his character. He'd be less crude and more like what we saw before the Vergil left him and Kat to grieve.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Or he could be like Kumagawa
Appears good at first, but then...
Like he's repressing all his anger with a good smile and one liners, but deep down he's incredibly easy to anger and will get violent.
OH NOES !! we've already got one dante with MPD no need for another one like that >_>
I'd actually like him to be more noble, more heroic.
More of a Disney Anti-hero than a Unscrupulous one. You seem to want him to be a nominal hero, like Alucard
But we already have DMC 1's dante for that this Dante should be different more open to decisions like alex mercer.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I would actually like him to go as morally corrupt he can get.. only thing he needs is to be as charismatic as possible while being a Class A b@stard.

sorta like DMC anime dante. pretty lazy. parties a lot. but when it comes time to work, he works. and he might seem like a jerk but he's really a nice guy with a jerky exterior

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
L
Well look at it this way. Everyone defines "Dante" as a fun guy who likes pizza and hates demons. This new Dante IS a b@stard. "What makes you think I give a ****?" But he's not a tolerable one for the most part. He may be cocky and shoot a lot of one lines... but they just make me facepalm myself.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
L Well look at it this way. Everyone defines "Dante" as a fun guy who likes pizza and hates demons. This new Dante IS a b@stard. "What makes you think I give a ****?" But he's not a tolerable one for the most part. He may be cocky and shoot a lot of one lines... but they just make me facepalm myself.

Not really. He's more like Raimundo from Xiaolin showdown. A deadpan snarker with a hidden heart of gold.

When the chips were down, he showed his nobility.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
L Well look at it this way. Everyone defines "Dante" as a fun guy who likes pizza and hates demons. This new Dante IS a b@stard. "What makes you think I give a ****?" But he's not a tolerable one for the most part. He may be cocky and shoot a lot of one lines... but they just make me facepalm myself.

After a while, I really didn't see any difference between DmC Dante and DMC3 Dante. Both mouthed off, both didn't give a damn about mankind, and both talked down to demons. The only difference was that DmC Dante cursed more and was more vocal to his emotions.

But other then that, honestly the two are the same in my book.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Maybe aged a little...........still have a sense of humor but be more in charge...........he does have alot to protect now.

He changes that attitude as the game progresses and actually starts to care about 1/3 through the game, and totally cares enough by the end. What do you think he fights Vergil for? To save mankind, that didn't feel like to me something someone who doesn't give a **** would do.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
He'll change and have that "old Dante" personality back.

As for his clothes, give him a new makeover than rags. Have his new clothes be like Neo's or Blade's.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I like DmC's Dante personality as it is. And i don't want to see his personality change at all.

If his personality is changed like past DMC's, i'll shoot myself in the face!

The reason why i think his personality should stay the same is because its already been seen in DmC that Dante shows many sides to him and NT did a great job at making something non human....human.

Sure there could be some twist and things or have Dante having more inner struggles with himself, his decisions, his new powers and his lost brother, but i would like to see how DmC Dante goes on about it.

just a natural evolution of the character, nothing too dramatic

and for the second part of the question.

Maybe a clean shirt, maybe putting his hood on at least once in the ****ing game, and a hair cut.

I think the short white haired mohawk looked the best on him. (neoDante skin)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Shouldn't he?

He's rocking some white hair and has pretty much taken on the role of the hero. The answer is already there.

EXACTLY!

I've been reading through the comments as they come waiting on someone to point this out but no one did lol.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

DmC Dante's attitude and look have already changed by the end of the game.

The answer to the topic's question is already there.

Dante47

The Dante we'll see in DmC2 we'll hopefully show him in a transitional period of his life.
Watch him as he hits a low point as he continues to make many mistakes and as he regrets all the mistakes of his past, ultimately leading up to Dante saying goodbye to his past and his heritage, finally evolving into the stylish yet troubled ass kicking devil hunter we once knew.

If I were to guess the specifics of his new personality, I'd say he'll be significantly more quiet and reserved due to his past catching up with him. During whatever arduous journey Dante embarks on in DmC2, it's one of self discovery. Dante is looking to be humbled.

Top Bottom