• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do You Think DmC Could Win Action GOTY of 2013?

Can DmC wIn Action GOTY of 2013

• Yes

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 34 77.3%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
But the last of us was just an interactive movie.
Finally, a post you've written that I can actually agree with.

There's a game out there about me? gfiowoejwoihtowhoew! :w00t:

But if The Last of Us so much as shows up on that list, then that'll so take the spot.
All a part of the decline of the gaming industry today. There were tons of steps forward sure, but those steps were also overshadowed by a few big time blunders from game corporations like Activision, Microsoft and whatnot.

I say let it all come crashing down. At least this way, gaming will have a chance to start over.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
so were the last two batman videogames and i'm looking at both goty editions on my desk right now
Really? How exactly were they "interactive movies"? I thought they were rather... gamey.

Ok, bad meat jokes aside (ha-ha), I found the level of interactivity... rather high. Detective skills, context-sensitive fights (a trend that started with Jet Li's "Rise of Honor"), and climbing around in mostly non-linear environments. If anything, I'd say it was more-or-less an improvement on the "Soul Reaver" formula.

Um... that is to say, aside from the climbing around, the "puzzles" were mostly block-oriented in that game -- however, they still managed to fit the whole "Nosgoth" vibe (especially the "Spider Cathedral" zone).

Edit:

Off-topic:

Oh crap. I just realized the spider enemies inspired DMC3's spider enemies. DMC3 took a lot of artistic aspects from Soul Reaver and Shadow Man.

But that's an analysis for another thread. I'll just leave it at that for now.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Really? How exactly were they "interactive movies"? I thought they were rather... gamey.

Ok, bad meat jokes aside (ha-ha), I found the level of interactivity... rather high. Detective skills, context-sensitive fights (a trend that started with Jet Li's "Rise of Honor"), and climbing around in mostly non-linear environments. If anything, I'd say it was more-or-less an improvement on the "Soul Reaver" formula.

Um... that is to say, aside from the climbing around, the "puzzles" were mostly block-oriented in that game -- however, they still managed to fit the whole "Nosgoth" vibe (especially the "Spider Cathedral" zone).

ur right. it is a bad example. but games i thought that were more "gamey" (that is a real word btw) didn't get the goty award. like infamous. to me that deserves a goty edition more so than arkham asylum

EvilX-81

GTA V will be the GOTY. I'm calling it now.

Like betting on a sure thing. If anything beats out GTA5 I'll be surprised, but I hope it's hype is earned this time.

As for the question, while I liked DmC, I don't really see it being a GOTY for the HnS genre. But I haven't fully played GoWA and MGR yet, but I get the feeling that they probably pulled off their game better than DmC did in the end, even if they're milking and raping their own storylines to do so at this point. Could be wrong though.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
If ninja gaiden 3 razors edge is in the running its def got my vote no disrespect to the dmc series ill always be a huge fan but NG3RE really did well in my opinion in terms of gameplay storyline graphics and just overall kick ass fun:) def has my vote for game of the year im so glad they re-did it even the online stuff is awsome

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Well in the action category (GOTY will probably go to Last of Us IMO).

I say so because well critics loved the crap out of it and it was critically acclaimed and well I'm not so sure in the overall action category but its real competition this year or basically any noteworthy games in the same genre of DmC were GoW:A, MGR, NG3:RE, and etc but out of them all DmC was the most positively received out of any hack and slash/action games this year.

No because I'm not so sure since sites I got to consider games like Tomb Raider and Last of Us action games. I'm so sure how the GOTY runs things or how they structure the sections so is it by actual genre or are action games more well anything where sh*t goes boom?

I also say no because DmC came out at the beginning of the year so by the end of the year many people could've brushed it under the rug with a more current game that is enjoyable.

What do you guys think?

Ahaahahah!

No.

Even Metal Gear Rising played more fluidly and had a nice control scheme. It possibly even had better graphics (not saying anything about art direction, mind you), less annoying, pubescent characters, cooler enemies, and of course, no friggin Noisia and ****. I still can't get over that Ken doll of a Vergil, or that hooligan asshole of a Dante. That's not Devil May Cry to me. Ironically, MGR comes closer to being a DMC game, which is sad.

I will not respond to angry replies of ''how dare you say that'' or ''well, I don't agree''. Good for you, but I don't care. I don't respond to puerile remarks. Unless you come up with valid points as to the quality of DmC, not an opinion, don't even bother. I've said my piece. Don't like it, don't read it/don't respond.

EnJ

Shade
Even here at Devil May Cry fan forum we have people who will vote for MGR but not for DmC(3 people in this thread). I think it's a great example why DmC wouldn't get a GOTY even in hack'n'slash genre.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
If ninja gaiden 3 razors edge is in the running its def got my vote no disrespect to the dmc series ill always be a huge fan but NG3RE really did well in my opinion in terms of gameplay storyline graphics and just overall kick ass fun:) def has my vote for game of the year im so glad they re-did it even the online stuff is awsome

Tried the demo. Can't wait to play the full game! :D

Like betting on a sure thing. If anything beats out GTA5 I'll be surprised, but I hope it's hype is earned this time.

EDIT:
As for the question, while I liked DmC, I don't really see it being a GOTY for the HnS genre. But I haven't fully played GoWA and MGR yet, but I get the feeling that they probably pulled off their game better than DmC did in the end, even if they're milking and raping their own storylines to do so at this point. Could be wrong though.
Same here. Hell, any DMC game didn't make it for GOTY, let alone a nomination (correct me if I'm just assuming). GoW held that once.

MigsRZXAStylish

Dude you have no idea NG3RE will blow your mind lol trust me its worth the buy and if you need any help let me know that is one of the games i have mastered

From what you're saying, I think NG3RE should be hailed as Game of the Year for 2013! Not only it is an atonement for Team Ninja, but it was a great comeback for many NG fans too! It's like from a dissapointing DMC2 to a greatly redeeming DMC3 all over again (except it didn't went down like DMC, all thanks to DMC4 despite its good combat; so I wonder how Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z would turn out...)! A much better experience than DmC (despite me liking it like EvilX-81 here) I'll say! :D

Note: I put in blue text because I love the color blue. I love MegaMan! He's the reason my fav color is blue! :)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
man i miss the megaman games:( i was really good at those and i would have to agree NG3RE was amazing NG3 sucked horribly and just to come back like they did combat gameplay characters storyline and the online stuff too! i was soo hapyp with it no complaints about it at all it def has my vote and i recomend it to all gamers

MigsRZXAStylish

man i miss the megaman games:( i was really good at those and i would have to agree NG3RE was amazing NG3 sucked horribly and just to come back like they did combat gameplay characters storyline and the online stuff too! i was soo hapyp with it no complaints about it at all it def has my vote and i recomend it to all gamers
Definitely! Now to beat NGS1 and NGS2 in Hard/Mentor and then proceed to Very Hard/Master Ninja mode!

He must be replying to this thread on-topic.

no, i dont think so.

Yeah, even though I liked DmC in some extents like DMC4, I don't think it would.

Hell, no DMC game made it as GoTY... >_<

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Great analogy lol and as for NG1 AND NG2 mg me anytime when you start those and i can pretty much walk you through NG2 i wrecked that game same with NG3 AND NG3RE now NG1 i dont remember as well but thas what youtube is for lol.

Top Bottom