• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do u guys take breaks from dmc games?

• Thread starter Deleted member 41833
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 41833

I've noticed my hands have been feeling really tired, I'm assuming it might be from me playing dmc 3, do u guys also take breaks from playing dmc games?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I do. I usually play in spurts--like a week of non-stop DMC-ing and then a break while I play other things and then eventually back to DMC. I just feel like I enjoy the games better that way. And also the hand cramps thing. LOL

D

Deleted member 41833

I do. I usually play in spurts--like a week of non-stop DMC-ing and then a break while I play other things and then eventually back to DMC. I just feel like I enjoy the games better that way. And also the hand cramps thing. LOL
When you take breaks from playing dmc games, do u find it easy to get your skill level back to where it was? Also I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing their hands getting tired after playing dmc games lol.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I go through my spurts. Like earlier this year when I found myself waiting on games to come out I'd dip into trying to chip away at S ranking the missions on all the difficulties in DMC 5. I do have instances of my hands being like "Hey, this is exhausting , what gives"
I can usually get back into the swing of things after a mission or two if its a long break. It takes almost no time at all with DMC1 because that's the one I played the most haha.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
When I began with DMC I had troubles with having no strategy and rather mashing the buttons in panic than blasting those enemies with combos or carefully crafted maneuvers. So I actually left it pretty soon. Now that I've been training with Nioh and found my endorphine from whacking those bosses significantly quicker than average player, keeping my head cold and fingers accurate, I think I'm gonna return to DMC as well since it feels I can handle the virtual pressure nowadays :LOL: I love the story and the mechanics in DMC, it was all about mental state that made me leave it for better days.

It was not related to gaming (only), but it was a phase in my life where a minor failure struck my head pretty hard, so I had to take a break from anything harder than older Assassin's Creed games. Which can be pretty much completed with left hand only imo...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, clearly. You can't live off of DMC alone. If you indulge in something too much, too hard or exclusively you're likely to wear yourself out on it. Imagine eating something delicious but then exclusively eating it for years and years. Variety is the spice of life. Different kinds of games is what keeps your passion for the thing afloat.

D

Deleted member 41833

I go through my spurts. Like earlier this year when I found myself waiting on games to come out I'd dip into trying to chip away at S ranking the missions on all the difficulties in DMC 5. I do have instances of my hands being like "Hey, this is exhausting , what gives"
I can usually get back into the swing of things after a mission or two if its a long break. It takes almost no time at all with DMC1 because that's the one I played the most haha.
lol how come you love dmc 1 the most?

Well, clearly. You can't live off of DMC alone. If you indulge in something too much, too hard or exclusively you're likely to wear yourself out on it. Imagine eating something delicious but then exclusively eating it for years and years. Variety is the spice of life. Different kinds of games is what keeps your passion for the thing afloat.
I'm glad u mentioned this because I believe alot of the dmc players around me might indulge in playing dmc too much. I also needed to hear this so thank you.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Oh yes. I've been replaying all the DMC games and uploading it to YouTube. I got one video left for DMC3. But I've got up to DmC (excluding Vergil's Downfall) recorded and I decided to wait for the Special Edition before I tackle DMC5.

If I had to force myself into the mood I'd just listen to the soundtracks. Mainly Bury The Light, Devil Trigger, and Devils Never Cry, with a bit of Subhuman, Crimson Cloud, and Shall Never Surrender

Also yes, my right hand's been cramping a bit.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I still play every now and then, but I do take breaks. I've done some practice rounds for 5 and I was able to do a no damage run on Vergil, M19 on DMD. It was so satisfying royal guarding everything. I still got to finish my DMD run on the switch version of dmc3. DmC I am more or less done with. I'll probably play way later when the mood fancies me. I actually have to get back and finish Crash 4 too.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
When you take breaks from playing dmc games, do u find it easy to get your skill level back to where it was? Also I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing their hands getting tired after playing dmc games lol.
Usually within a day or two it's back to normal for me. But yeah. LOL The hand trouble is real.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I've been taking a break from DMC games for the past 5 years straight, but that's probably not what you meant. Ah well. :LOL:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly I haven't played DMC5 since it came out. I just got busy with other games and then I moved to Florida. My PS4 is still in a box in my closet.

But I'll check out the Vergil DLC when I get a chance.

Top Bottom