• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMD too easy this time

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I just thought that the DMD mode this time was not quite as tough as its predecessor or DMC1. What did you make of it?

I mean, most enemy attacks are very predictable, not many take off as staggering a chunk to your health gauge as, say, the frosts in DMC1. (Ironically, now, with the same attacks, frosts take off less than on DMC1), bosses health can again be depleted fairly safely (only sanctus diabolica and savior beg to differ). I don't know, it just doesn't seem as big a transition from hard/ Son of Sparda to DMD this time. What do you think?

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
The Phantarch;142539 said:
I just thought that the DMD mode this time was not quite as tough as its predecessor or DMC1. What did you make of it?

I mean, most enemy attacks are very predictable, not many take off as staggering a chunk to your health gauge as, say, the frosts in DMC1. (Ironically, now, with the same attacks, frosts take off less than on DMC1), bosses health can again be depleted fairly safely (only sanctus diabolica and savior beg to differ). I don't know, it just doesn't seem as big a transition from hard/ Son of Sparda to DMD this time. What do you think?

What you said was utter bull**** (no offense).

DMD mode on DMC4 is uber cheap at the MAX. I just gave up on trying to beat it after I beaten the ice frog the first time wit Nero. Every enemy takes off an overwhelmingly amount of health off and thats mighty frustrating I tell ya.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
well compared to DMC 1 it really wasn't that tough even i managed to beat DMD mode fairly easily!

but on DMC 1 DMD mode it took me 6 months to beat it!

anywas still the game was fun but not as challenging as the rest of the them

Sparda™

Here's how I put the game difficulties

DMC3 -> DMC1 -> DMC4 -> DMC2

I agree with Phantarch. The damage was ridiculous and the time took to beat bosses or advance through missions was way too easy for a DMD mode.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
^^^i'm sorry dude but i think DMC 1 is the hardest of them all....really DMC3--the original was hard but not as hard as MDC1----that game was just killer!

but anyways it really was too easy

Sparda™

chob101;142662 said:
^^^i'm sorry dude but i think DMC 1 is the hardest of them all....really DMC3--the original was hard but not as hard as MDC1----that game was just killer!

but anyways it really was too easy

You kidding me right?!

Devil May Cry 3 is considered the hardest DMC to date. DMC1 is closely second.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I would argue that the 1st one's the hardest to actually complete on account of having a maximum of 1 vital star. True, untouchables are fairly bountiful but the later bosses really push you closer to having to use one. Also, sorry but I think Mundus 2 was far harder than Arkham because, not only did he not cag-handedly lumber towards you, his attacks were either aimed at you or near you, meaning you had to avoid nothing short of a maeltrom of attacks. Okay, the lava dragons granted you life but the amount of them summoned was few and far between.

DMC DMD mode took me three months
DMC2 DMD mode took me a few hours
DMC3 DMD mode took me a couple of weeks
DMC4 DMD mode took me a couple of days

I mean, I enjoyed all of them but it should raise the level of insanity back to a DMC1 or DMC3 standard. If you have trouble in the first few missions of DMC4 DMD, you'd probably be stuck on the trismagia back on DMC2. That's how I view it.

Sparda™

It really doesn't matter how much took you, no offense.

The way I see It, Cerberus, Agni & Rudra, Nevan, Beowulf, Doppelganger, Vergil 1,2,3 and Arkham are way more challenging than the bosses of DMC1.

Devil May Cry was the first of the series, but not the hardest.

Phantom Dante

Son of Sparda
Sparda I hear ya!
DMC 3 DMD is a pain in the a** for me.
I'm still trying to beat it right now, but
DMC 1 had it's challenges, but I beat DMD
on that game a few months ago.

aka958

Don't trust people
I don't know about dmc1 or 2 but i know 2 looks cheap and one looks pretty good.
as i see it special edition have same DmD as the normal edition.it was just normal and hard that sank their difficulties for very hard to come in.
In Dmc4 the bosses where predictable and such but i had one thing that made me think it was hard. i usually use jump attacks (loves to fly!!!) and the boss does an attack that i don't have air hake left to jump away and im out of reach for snatch (I just hate nero use Style!).
But the hardest in the DmD difficulty in Dmc4 was the blitz... it was hard and one attack killed me even with full life.
Dmc4 battles where short and fast. Dmc3 battles is more Fast and takes a whole 20 minutes just to kill Agni and Rudra (It takes forever just on hard in special edition!)
so from what i've played Dmc3 is the hardest but Dmc4 is much damage taken in DmD (just the frog i hate him... most of all... and he doesn't die with just one pandoras missile like in the cutscene either and he goes away and those girls appear and those attacks are just irritating)ofc Dmc3 damage every attack takes much damage and is hard to avoid.

Edit: that was alot of text... was that a rewiew or something?!

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;142754 said:
It really doesn't matter how much took you, no offense.

The way I see It, Cerberus, Agni & Rudra, Nevan, Beowulf, Doppelganger, Vergil 1,2,3 and Arkham are way more challenging than the bosses of DMC1.

Devil May Cry was the first of the series, but not the hardest.

Other people don't think so, we are entitled to think DMC 1 was harder.

DMC3 was less of a challenge cause you are much more powerful than in DMC1.

In DMC1 you have no style, only like 2 weapons and 3 good guns. It's more limited, but I liked it better and it was harder in DMD mode.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yeah but that one style could help you deal with everything:p

As for the thread's original purpose, I agree. DMC4's DMD only took me some days where I remember finding nearly impossible to defeat DMC3's DMD back when I started it. DMC4's hard stages in DMD were about 2..for me - and I'm not as a good player as some of the people here.

DMC1 sometimes gets really harder than it is because of DMC3:p If you played too much DMC3/4 before playing DMC1 then of course you need some time to adapt to the slower fighting pace, the different controls and the lack of style. Maybe it's that for many people.

Iced Digger

I agree. DMD isn't very hard on this game, due to the fact you can go back through earlier stages and get orbs. On the 1st one, you cannot. That's why the first one is much harder. Actually, it's the hardest in my opinion.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^True, Dante wont backtrack for some reason.:lol:

Sparda™;144361 said:
In DMC3 you were limited as well. One style, 2 Devil Arms, 2 guns.

What are you talking about? You start with 3 styles and get like 5.

And Dante has more moves in DMC3.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Black Angel;144601 said:
^True, Dante wont backtrack for some reason.:lol:

What are you talking about? You start with 3 styles and get like 5.

And Dante has more moves in DMC3.

Ehm, he just meant that you can only equip one style at a time (having to go through the trouble of visiting a Time Statue in order to change it), while in DMC4 you have all the styles at your disposal at the same time.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Oh O.K.

But Dante can still do more in 3 than in 1.

And by the time you are at DMD mode in 3, you have all the cool styles leveled up. You have Quicksilver and Doppelganger and all them.

Speed_Demon

Devil Hunter
DMC4 to easy???? You all are nuts.... I cant even finish DMD!:wacko:
I'd like to see a video of you guys playing legendary dark knight mode.....

I think its an awesome game and money well spent!

Top Bottom