• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMD too easy this time

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Speed_Demon;147566 said:
DMC4 to easy???? You all are nuts.... I cant even finish DMD!:wacko:
I'd like to see a video of you guys playing legendary dark knight mode.....

I think its an awesome game and money well spent!

No one said it's easy. We are discussing the fact that after some of us became used to DMC3's difficulty, we found DMC4's difficulty to be easier:p

Also some people became really good at playing DMC3 a LOT, so by becoming masters, it was expected to find DMC4 easy anyway;)

Speed_Demon

Devil Hunter
Tony_Redgrave;147583 said:
No one said it's easy. We are discussing the fact that after some of us became used to DMC3's difficulty, we found DMC4's difficulty to be easier:p

Also some people became really good at playing DMC3 a LOT, so by becoming masters, it was expected to find DMC4 easy anyway;)

Fair enough.... DMC4 is my first DMC title.... I saw the trailer on a DVD I rented and thought damn that looked awesome! I'm also a big fan of Final Fantasy VII: Advent children movie..^_^

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I must admit I have never been one for extreme difficulties unless there is something in it for me. And when playing DMD on 4 as rediculously hard as it was it didnt quite deserve the name DANTE MUST DIE! they should get rid of all this one hit crap and just make DMD harder. Death in 3 hits at the most. Although I was impressed with how aggresive the bosses were (like Credo when he...does that black thing)

aka958

Don't trust people
Blitz yeah... dmc4 had one move that was stronger than any dmc3 move i can remember right now. it was the blitz self destruct on you... have anyone ever survived a hit like that? without jumping away or take devil trigger? it is just killing you instantly whatever you do if it gets you.

but Dmc3 was harder in my opinion cause everything went so slow in the computer.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
True, Blitz is a B**** to kill in DMD, but once you get used to it, it`s all the same.
DMD mode just gives the monsters more hit and life, unlike Human mode, where you can kill a puppet with one DB, here you need... uhm, 3, 4, 5? Besides they hit you stronger, but their hits are quite easy to avoid.
I say DMD is easy =]

As for LDK mode, it was a lot of fun, i`ll redo that mode as soon as i get Super Dante/Nero. It`s pure win. And for places where you face a lot of annoyance - Holy water.

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
I'd have to go through the game again on an easier mode, so I could by more Holy waters. :lol: I guess I just suck.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Just do the Bloody palace for Orbs and Spirits and buy them =) Much more fun than going through it again.
And a God damn it, i finished DMD today.. and forgot to save, now i gotto start from mission 7... That hurts...

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
Crap, Bloody Palace. I forgot about that. thanks. :D rep+

And sorry, that sucks. :lol: Good luck with that.

gessie

Which game was the hardest entirely depends on your own style. For me, DMC1 was by far the hardest.

For me, it's:
1 > 3 > 2

I haven't completed 4 yet. And it's a damn shame they didn't re-implement the uber DT found in 2. I loved it. The same goes for Trish, she rocked. And I much prefer the bloody palace mode of 2. Unfortunately, overall, 2 was the worst in my opinion. But it had some awesome features.

I vote DMC1 as the best DMC game. But really, all are very good.

P.S. For those who have a hard time in DMD mode: Unlock Legendary Dark Knight mode and re-play mission 2 a bunch of time. It's easy, really fun and gets you a ton of orbs (proud souls too, obviously).

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
I didn't manage to finish the game on hell and hell mode it sucks one hit kills you instantly...I'm on mission 7 I hate Echidna...most annoying boss

Blue Rose

The Demon Hunter
I cant even get past mission 4 on DMD.:D I guess I just really suck.You ppl are crazy if you think DMD mode is to easy in this game!

JeanAlex22

i only played DMC3 & DMC4

but i'd have to agree w/ the TS that DMD in DMC4 isn't really as tough as the other DMCs especially DMC3 (sure about this)

when i was playing DMC3, i could barely finish it and my rank really reeks, either C or B, plus it took me around 1 week just to finish it

but in DMC4, its not really that hard for me, unless if i'm up against chimera assaults, i just installed DMC4 in my PC this friday night and i've already finished Human, Devil Hunter & SoS all w/ S ranking and i'm at Mission 15 in DMD w/ all its previous missions S ranked.

But still surely CAPCOM has already predicted this response to the ease of DMD so maybe that's why they added two more difficulties, HaH & Legendary Dark Knight

BTW, just for those who haven't read this article in wikipedia

one of the characteristics of DMC1 that really WOWed the critics was it being considerably challenging, however DMC2 was given a lower ranking than DMC1 because it's challenging essence wasn't there anymore, but w/ the release of DMC3 the challenging gameplay made a comeback though it seems that CAPCOM put to much effort in it making it too challenging,
the easy difficulty of the english version of dmc3 was already the hard difficulty in the japanese version.

guess this article explains alot. BTW sorry if my grammar is sometimes twisted, english not being my national language in all.

YoshiExcel

Well, i havent played any other DMD modes in the other games (easy was too hard for me lol). With DMC4 though, i managed to actually get all the way to DMD and even beat it with not too much trouble. i was very surprised because again, i dont usually get past the easy difficulties in most games. =| It could also have to do with the fact that i really love the game, and therefore gives me more motivation to beat it on the hardest setting.

SkyGemini

S'All over but the Crying
To me, DMC4 has been way[/] easier to get the S rank on all the levels (not necessarily all the missions...but most!) as compared to DMC3, which has been extremely hard to get any S rank, for some reason. I haven't played 1 or 2, so I can't say.

In that regard, I'd say DMC3 is more difficult...

Zato-OW

King
But DMC3 was annoying hard. DMC4 was Fun hard. Except in the forest area with Dante. Now that mission was annoying hard.

Sparda™

The only fun fights in DMC4 are against Angelo Credo (Mission 8/Stage 80) and Dante/Doppelganger (Mission 1-10/Stage 101).

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Sparda™;185875 said:
The only fun fights in DMC4 are against Angelo Credo (Mission 8/Stage 80) and Dante/Doppelganger (Mission 1-10/Stage 101).

I enjoyed the Echinida boss fight, and the Berial fight would have been good if it wasn't for his damn fire pillar attack >_<

Zato-OW;185874 said:
But DMC3 was annoying hard. DMC4 was Fun hard. Except in the forest area with Dante. Now that mission was annoying hard.

Oh GOD tell me about it who had the clever idea of
"I know, lets make so you can't touch the floor and you can't get near the enemies" That wasn't even challenging it was just frustrating. I am trying to S that mission in SoS at the moment and it's a nightmare.

Top Bottom