• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC's Story is Terrible and here is why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
BWAHAHAHA WHAT?!

No one can make a current-gen full console game from the ground up in a year. It's pretty much impossible.

Even Call of Duty titles take nearly two years, and even then it's because they reuse assets - something they're consistently mocked for.

Actually
acbfkeyartjpg-4802d1_640w.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Don't recall saying exactly that...

And apology accepted.

That being said, I'm curious if you can justify this

@GreekGod88: could NT atleast balance it so that the enemy doesnt get interupted then they try to attack you? my tip
@superninjatam: We also don't have a fix for face-palming your face until it bleeds...

That guy clearly wasn't one of the more butthurt BS spewing fans, so what do you say to this?

I remember this, and it's possible that Tameem addressed the wrong person, because in that twitter conversation, the guy who started it posted a video about spamming Angel Lift, and called it broken because it allowed you to stay in the air easily enough, then I think the other guy stepped in before his response came out.

Either way, it's criticism over something they didn't really no the full intended function of (at the time). Seriously, a dude spams Angel Lift and calls it broken because it let's you stay in the air? The whole point of Angel Lift is to take you into the air/next to an enemy. I can literally do the same thing in DMC4 using Snatch.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
for all we know the Tameem was having a bad day or he was joking around, its impossible to say

yea I heard that he may have been having a bad day.

But If I where him I probably wouldn't bother responding to fans.

Would take a moment to cool down before scaring them away with rudeness.

But as I said earlier, not everyone has restraint *shrugs*.

And if it was a joke I feel kinda bad for the guy who's legitimate concern was not answered properly.
but whatever.

Sorry for bringing this back up, will end it once again and walk off.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Don't recall saying exactly that...

And apology accepted.

That being said, I'm curious if you can justify this

@GreekGod88: could NT atleast balance it so that the enemy doesnt get interupted then they try to attack you? my tip
@superninjatam: We also don't have a fix for face-palming your face until it bleeds...

That guy clearly wasn't one of the more butthurt BS spewing fans, so what do you say to this?

Actually that's not the post he replied to.

The real fan who got that post was complaining about how the rake canceling move was a glitched when it really wasn't and that fan was complaining about it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Same thing really. People forget how many assets have been recycled in Assassin's Creed, despite how much they've tweaked it over the years. That's why I said "from the ground up" and all :p

It used to be that any sequel took nearly two or more years because they'd completely redo everything, trying to make an engine run better and stuff like that. Now they just grab the engine and existing assets, and rework them how they want to.

This is literally one of the biggest reasons why publishers want games with sequel potential - along with being able to make money off selling things of a specific title, being able to reuse assets from a previous installment saves a lot of money. It unfortunately also means that certain things suffer, like the game's writing...or worse, the game's soul.

AlchemistFromEden

Or Tameem is actually an @sshole. Not saying that he is, but saying that the possibility is there.
it is a possibility, we will never know
ubisoft is the biggest game development company/publisher in the world, AC4 is full of new animations from what i've seen thank god and is running on some very good tech, ubisoft has a large amount of studios i mean did you see the credits for ac revelations, ****tons of studios worked on that one and i'm confident this game will also have loads of quality

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I remember this, and it's possible that Tameem addressed the wrong person, because in that twitter conversation, the guy who started it posted a video about spamming Angel Lift, and called it broken because it allowed you to stay in the air easily enough, then I think the other guy stepped in before his response came out.

Either way, it's criticism over something they didn't really no the full intended function of (at the time). Seriously, a dude spams Angel Lift and calls it broken because it let's you stay in the air? The whole point of Angel Lift is to take you into the air/next to an enemy. I can literally do the same thing in DMC4 using Snatch.

oh ok, thanks for clearing it up.

Would have been nice if he cleared up the mistake by admitting it and answering the fan's concern...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
oh ok, thanks for clearing it up.

Would have been nice if he cleared up the mistake by admitting it and answering the fans concern...

I think after that point he was getting hassled somethin' fierce, so he probably stepped away. I don't think I remember him having tweeted much of anything for a little while after that point - it was around the days the public demo had released, so he was getting a lot of tweets at the time.

ZeroLove

I suppose, but they're still recycling it for Black Flag. I'd imagine the time spent working on AC3 was also when Brotherhood and Revelations came out, but I actually didn't like AC3 all that much...it was...rather forgettable for me :C

Indeed it was. Connor lacked everything that Ezio had; personality, charisma, a good background story, passion. compared to Ezio, Connor was more or less a dead fish. It was a big part of why AC3 didn't become as popular as AC2-AC:Revelations.

And AC: Black Flag... turning it into a pirate game... that just gives me a sour taste in my mouth. However, I will not judge it until I've seen it through.

This was a sidetrack though...

AlchemistFromEden

I suppose, but they're still recycling it for Black Flag. I'd imagine the time spent working on AC3 was also when Brotherhood and Revelations came out, but I actually didn't like AC3 all that much...it was...rather forgettable for me :C
AC3 was being made right after ac3 was being made and was being built from the ground up during AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations, during which they made the game very much resemble this target video they made
personally i loved AC3 because it was fresh and new with a new character that we got to see grow up like Ezio but i understand why people didn't like the game

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Indeed it was. Connor lacked everything that Ezio had; personality, charisma, a good background story, passion. compared to Ezio, Connor was more or less a dead fish. It was a big part of why AC3 didn't become as popular as AC2-AC:Revelations.

And AC: Black Flag... turning it into a pirate game... that just gives me a sour taste in my mouth. However, I will not judge it until I've seen it through.

This was a sidetrack though...

I was disappointed that Connor seemed like so much of the ignorant native that many are portrayed as. Connor was the only guy who didn't understand that to be an assassin meant there was more to you than just your heritage, and that the world is a large and diverse place. All of the stuff they touted in the game was much either; "Hang out with the Founding Fathers!" Yeah! for like ten minutes at most :/ The concept art they had got me excited, like the one of Connor being part of Washington crossing the Delaware. Even the twist with Connor's father was...bleh...not played out as well as it could have been.

The cities weren't as fun to run around in as the old ones, either :( par for the course from fledgling nations, I suppose, but as a traceur myself, I loved the urban parkour stuff, and while moving through trees in a similar fashion was fun, it just...wasn't the same :'(

And since I didn't really like the boat combat in AC3, I'm really wary of Black Flag making it a larger focus :ermm:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
AC3 was being made right after ac3 was being made and was being built from the ground up during AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations, during which they made the game very much resemble this target video they made
personally i loved AC3 because it was fresh and new with a new character that we got to see grow up like Ezio but i understand why people didn't like the game

I did love how they brought combat back to being way more than just counter-killing everything in sight, and the animations on the attacks were great. I had one kill where Connor stabbed a guy, and then ran along a wall to get around him and sliced him open.

I did like the prospect of playing as a new character from childhood to adulthood, too, I just...didn't end up liking Connor >.<

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I was disappointed that Connor seemed like so much of the ignorant native that many are portrayed as. Connor was the only guy who didn't understand that to be an assassin meant there was more to you than just your heritage, and that the world is a large and diverse place. All of the stuff they touted in the game was much either; "Hang out with the Founding Fathers!" Yeah! for like ten minutes at most :/ The concept art they had got me excited, like the one of Connor being part of Washington crossing the Delaware. Even the twist with Connor's father was...bleh...not played out as well as it could have been.

The cities weren't as fun to run around in as the old ones, either :( par for the course from fledgling nations, I suppose, but as a traceur myself, I loved the urban parkour stuff, and while moving through trees in a similar fashion was fun, it just...wasn't the same :'(

And since I didn't really like the boat combat in AC3, I'm really wary of Black Flag making it a larger focus :ermm:
I've just bought AC3 myself. I actually turned it off after 1 hour because I couldn't take anymore. I picked it up again tonight and I'm playing it a bit more. So far the only thing that amused me was Banjamin Farklin telling Haytham the good points of being with older women. For some reason it made me laugh.:p One of them was bascially 'put a bag over her head and you don't know the difference during sex'.>_<

They could have done so much with Connor. He's stuck between his Mother and Father's cultures and race, the assassin against the templar and the newly forming American colonies VS the British. I would have thought they could make something really compelling from that. But it just all fell flat and Connor comes off as just angry and brash, or clueless. Heck, so far I prefer his father, Haytham.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
They could have done so much with Connor. He's stuck between his Mother and Father's cultures and race, the assassin against the templar and the newly forming American colonies VS the British. I would have thought they could make something really compelling from that. But it just all fell flat and Connor comes off as just angry and brash, or clueless. Heck, so far I prefer his father, Haytham.

My feelings exactly. He had so much potential on paper and in concept, and it's like...there was so much else going on that it was hard to pinpoint it. I guess Ezio's story was so compelling because his family was involved in a much better manner with the main antagonists, which is odd to say, considering how Connor's family related to them >.<

Maybe they came down with a case of "wrap-it-up-itis" so several things didn't work out as planned because they had to also try and end things, which...I think wasn't worth doing. I mean, c'mon, they're making another one, and whatever they do with the frame story is bound to eff up Desmond's narrative somehow :/

It's like there's this huge move towards having franchises with sequel after sequel, but then they wanna have some big blowout on the third game to "end the trilogy!" And then they realize they'd still like to make money, so they try to make more and completely drain the impact of the third installment had >.<

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Several Hunters were sent out, but only one happened to find him at the pier *shrug* Who knows where the others are. Dante could have been killing them off-screen for all we know, since we as an audience aren't present for the everything they do.

It was never stated that Dante killed anything offscreen and as far as I know I thought we saw all Dante's actions over the course of the story with no loose ends of him doing stuff off screen.

Would have been interesting to see them show up at The Order, but, that raid was supposed to be primarily done in the real world, as they knew The Order's ranks to be made up of humans. Hunters would be useless in a human world-side raid, since demons can't exist in that realm without a vessel.

Yet Dante fought various demons even the Dreamrunner which when you think about it can qualify as a "Hunter" or part of the hunter group. Would be cool if he was part of the Hunter faction and he personally came there as a personal grudge against Dante for killing his boss that Hunter demon. Makes sense as to why it was hyped up so much for no reason. Which brings up my point if every demon (or some of them Dante kills are human in the real world) wouldn't that mean he kills tons of people in the public eye? Same goes for the hunter if Dante killed the Hunter wouldn't he have killed someone yet it was never clear someone or anyone died that day? Since Dante is plastered on the news wouldn't murders be on his record and wouldn't people be more aware of him and scared that a murderer is wandering the street and despite Dante's record NOT a single person reacted him in a normal way you would see a criminal with an aggressive track record and potential murders.

Plus, they didn't think Dante would win the fight with Barbas, so they wouldn't have readily had the inclination of sending out a unit whose primary purpose was search and destroy, since the subject to search for is already in a known location and probably gonna get destroyed there :p

Precautionary measures ring a bell???...they really thought Bob can beat Dante despite him beating the Hunter, a demon made for combat, and Poison? Now Mundus isn't that stupid. Makes sense to bring a Hunter or an elite demon in case Dante does shows up or if these got a few tricks up their sleeves.

Maybe, but remember how the game is intertwined with the narrative. Adding in another boss fight also means creating more animations for the confrontation, and even trying to figure out how to completely rework the Hunter's AI since he's not fought at a pier with a ferris wheel he can hang on. In reality, the locations they had a few of the events taking place at that a Hunter could have shown up wouldn't work with how the Hunter boss is coded. That's a lot of extra work they probably didn't have time to do.

You mean Ninja Theory would've had to do more work plus this stuff could've been discussed during the planning phase. A Hunter/another boss could've showed up when Dante was protecting Vergil. Why does everyone keep on saying I'm talking about the same Hunter if that one boss can't work why not use another one to work in that area.

Also remember that a game's development process (the point at which things are added in and coded and whatnot) isn't going up until so close to release. A game goes gold about three or four months before its release, and in that time it's all bug fixes, polishing, and advertising.

Planning phase...I mean Tameem and NT really could've checked the planning of the story/script to see if everything works or they could've added more in benefit of the game/story before went into the production phase. Obviously they didn't go all out in the pre-production phase of the game.

I would have loved to see a few more Hunters implemented, but I'm still happy with what I got. This sorta goes for a lot of the stuff you'll say - anything more would have been great, but the absence of those things doesn't make it bad.

No it means it can be better and a missed opportunity as well as NT shooting themselves in the foot when it came to the story.

It makes sense to me *shrug* For the specific vision they had with DmC, they only had us face one of many Hunters. It's a shame, but that doesn't make it a plothole :/

Its how its presented in the story makes it a plot hole...

That's sorta different, because most of the demons in Limbo that Dante has been forced to fight were all low-ranking scrubs that are manifestations of Limbo itself. A stygian is a "white-blood cell" as the devs have said, it's probably nothing to have something that small disappear, but then we have Barbas and Lilith and Poison, they were all actual lifeforms, with souls.

Mundus also shot out a gigantic blast of energy, and only Dante was dragged into Limbo. If anything, that giant blast was simply a huge overkill shot in order to make sure he pulled Dante into the ensuing chaos. It's like...he knew Dante was at the docks, so he shot out a blast of destructive energy to level the docks and pull in Dante where ever he happened to be within that area. They have Dante's "scent," so that most likely helped Mundus pull specifically Dante in Limbo during the Trade.

So when Dante was at the docks (???) before and taunting Mundus by throwing a rock at the camera he couldn't have sent out a huge shockwave there?

Mundus can definitely control Limbo, but that still doesn't make him omnipotent, or that great at controlling things he physically can't see.

Well when you control a plane that the character fights in you, you are sort of omnipotent. He didn't physically see Dante but still was able to throw him into Limbo before at the Trade. So if he controls all of Limbo and Limbo City wouldn't it be easy to send Dante into without having seeing him.?

Like I said, it's easy enough to avoid CCTV cameras at times, and if Mundus wasn't readily looking for Dante, he wouldn't have thought to keep such a close eye on the cameras himself. Not to mention Mundus didn't know what Dante looked like.

Well he did raid him home and in a picture depicting Dante's past he saw him as a child, or Dante saw his mom killed by Mundus so Mundus would've seen him too and Dante doesn't look any different from when he was a child..just more mature.

When Dante was pulled into Limbo, it was specifically by the demons he was confronting in his childhood, like...an oprhange caretaker, for example. She finds Dante to be a troublemaker, and Dante knows something isn't right about her. With his enhanced strength, the caretaker figures to drag him into Limbo, on her turf, but Dante, being a Nephilim, fights just fine there, and actually better since now he has access to his sword. Dante kills the demon, exits Limbo, and no one really knows what happened except for Dante.

I thought Dante didn't get his sword a year before when he was about to be killed in a prison so how would he be able to have his sword to fight back then. Not really a plot hole...maybe...just something you said.

The demons knew he was trouble because he could see through their disguises or whatever, but they didn't explicitly know Dante was the Son of Sparda their boss, Mundus, was looking for. Kat also had similar experiences, so it's not a unique occurrence for others to question the demonic presence they see and be "taken care of" because of it.

So the demons was too stupid to inform their boss, some random kid can see threw their disguise. That is some rather etchy information that you would want to share with your boss. They should know he was looking for the child of a demon and an angel so a kid with some supernatural powers should be addressed to their boss.

You asking about "finding a guy living in a trailer" and "finding a guy with a huge record" makes me think you believe that both of those things are intrinsically linked to standing out. Do you know every homeless bum you walk past? Do you instantly know the criminal record of everyone you meet? No. Neither of those things would also be something that instantly makes Dante prime suspect for being the Son of Sparda they've been searching for for ten years. Once again, especially because he was off the grid for so much of that time, which means even if they did know exactly who they were looking for, Dante still wouldn't have been so easily found.

No but due to having a huge record the name Dante shows up on the news/police records pretty often and Mundus is looking for a guy named Dante. Its like Mundus doesn't look at the news (which he is shown to do) or keep track of the police records (the SWAT and authorities work for him).

Think for a second why it's so difficult for people to be found if they end up homeless and whatnot - they have no papertrail, nothing tying their identity to any one location. Why do you think so many crazies talk about living in trailers in the middle of nowhere, or why actual criminals do exactly that? Because once you do that, it's difficult to be found.

Regardless Dante strolls around town pretty often and even goes to Lilith's club FREQUENTLY.

No, Lilith knew that Mundus was looking for a guy who was the Son of Sparda - they did not know his name was Dante. That's why they kept referring to him as the Son of Sparda or the Nephilim all this time. They didn't know his name until some point in the game.

At the beginning of the game, Mundus called him by his name Dante so Mundus knows his name Dante and based on their conversation Mundus has seem to bring him up before so Lilith should know about him too. The fact that Dante is sent to penitentiaries and correctional facilities and other schools they have him and his name recorded so they know his name is Dante and purposely f*cks with him and not only that how would Mundus know his name is Dante in the first place unless Sparda told him (that wouldn't be smart though)?

No it doesn't >_< You messed up a key element to what constructed your point, so your point was based around incorrect information.

By point I mean my overall argument one loose end doesn't changes my entire point.

Once again, Dante's huge track record makes him a sh!tty Limbo citizen, but that doesn't point to him being the Son of Sparda. And Barbas didn't start his smear campaign on Dante until they knew who he was, as in they didn't start calling him a terrorist until they knew the Son of Sparda's name was "Dante," and they and images of him. Once they actually knew Dante was the Son of Sparda, they could easily look back into his criminal record, but without knowing the identity of the Son of Sparda they wouldn't have had much inclination to do look into anyone's record.

Mundus knew his name was Dante before they even found him so a guy with a huge criminal record in Limbo City with the name Limbo wouldn't tickle Mundus's fancy before or not found.

Also, cops wearing the same uniform doesn't make them the same guys that Dante may have scuffled with in the past.

No it means they work for the same force or unit. Who says they can't be?

Also, most of the crap Barbas even says is a bunch of slander and lies, all meant to paint Dante in a bad light to the public. Dante didn't go around killing innocent people like his broadcasts said, and when he killed the nurse (if he did) was probably what got him thrown into Hellfire, where he then fought his way out, and subsequently went off the grid.

He sure as hell didn't went off Lilith's strippers grid. So if a guy named Dante, or a guy in general, with a history of violence broke out of prison wouldn't he be all over the news and spark searches when he broke out especially since the demons are out to get him.

He's pulled into Limbo by demons who see him as a problem to be dealt with, then Dante kills them, and he goes about his life. They aren't attacking him in his childhood specifically because he's the Son of Sparda, because they didn't know he was until the game started.

So why was he dragged into Limbo before prior to the game's events if they didn't know he was until the game started so Dante says to Kat.

Dante also is totally NOT popular in Limbo prior to the game's start, nor is he infmaous. He's a random dude on the street, who lives on the periphery of society, who most people didn't give a second glance to. I have no idea where you get the idea that he's so popular with the Limbo citizenry.

But he was dragged in there prior to the game's events many times before and manages to bust out. They would make him popular enough among demons to inform their boss. Unless if demons are stupid...which seems the case in this game.
[/quote]

Done and done...this is quite fun dont you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom