• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4: SE Could be Training...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Concerning combat itself, yeah, the movable camera is the only thing from DmC I would keep for DMC5, I hope Capcom thinks about that, cause the fixed camera in a real pain in the ass in certain situations.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Concerning combat itself, yeah, the movable camera is the only thing from DmC I would keep for DMC5, I hope Capcom thinks about that, cause the fixed camera in a real pain in the ass in certain situations.

I second that.

Apart from this, I would also like to see no repetition of boss fights, not even in a single encounter.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm fine with repeating bosses, as long if their moves and strategy differs, like Vergil in DMC3

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I'm fine with repeating bosses, as long if their moves and strategy differs, like Vergil in DMC3

...but, but Vergil was a different case!! He is the second son of legendary dark knight Sparda!

Got to give you that if the bosses have different tactics everytime you encounter them would definitely break the monotony, but I would like it better if their is no repetition at all. The thing is, different bosses automatically mean different move sets!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
...but, but Vergil was a different case!! He is the second son of legendary dark knight Sparda!

Got to give you that if the bosses have different tactics everytime you encounter them would definitely break the monotony, but I would like it better if their is no repetition at all. The thing is, different bosses automatically mean different move sets!
Sadly that not always the case. Look at bosses in new Strider. Ground pound is move for all of them. Same as Poison and Munduss in DmC. But I give that if done right different bosses is always win-win situation.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Oh man, those Vergil fights... the first I was like "Wait, is that all he can do?", the second he's got Beowulf and Devil Trigger (with that ball of invulnerability too) and I was "Dammit, he's strong!", and the third one he's got longer DT, Force Edge (f*ck that Round Trip) and Super Judgement Cut and Helm Breaker, and I was crying all the time, he destroyed me every time.

Yeah, the crescendo with Vergil boss fights was well done, as far as I'm concerned.

For DMC5, imo, they need to be more like 3, and less like 4, with its rehashed bosses, and DmC, with its mostly static and "reskinned" bosses.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
, and DmC, with its mostly static and "reskinned" bosses.

Static and having to kill them thrice in the same combat! I really hated that. The fight with that hunter boss was really well done for the being first fight, imo. The follow up to the fight was nicely done, fighting area was large, he had some great moves and you didn't have to fight it thrice. The best fight in the game according to me.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Oh man, those Vergil fights... the first I was like "Wait, is that all he can do?", the second he's got Beowulf and Devil Trigger (with that ball of invulnerability too) and I was "Dammit, he's strong!", and the third one he's got longer DT, Force Edge (f*ck that Round Trip) and Super Judgement Cut and Helm Breaker, and I was crying all the time, he destroyed me every time.

Yeah, the crescendo with Vergil boss fights was well done, as far as I'm concerned.

For DMC5, imo, they need to be more like 3, and less like 4, with its rehashed bosses, and DmC, with its mostly static and "reskinned" bosses.
Yeah it was pretty awesome, since it's like adversary grown together with protagonist in his power-levels. I may be mistaken but if you take amount of bosses in DMC4 and DMC3 (without repeating fights) DMC4 had pretty much same amount. I may be mistaken though.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah it was pretty awesome, since it's like adversary grown together with protagonist in his power-levels. I may be mistaken but if you take amount of bosses in DMC4 and DMC3 (without repeating fights) DMC4 had pretty much same amount. I may be mistaken though.

DMC4 - Berial, Bael/Dagon, Agnus in the Containment Room, Echidna, Dante, Credo, Angelo Agnus, Sanctus, the Savior - there are 9

DMC3 - Hell Vanguard, Cerberus, Gigapede, Agni and Rudra, Leviathan heart, Nevan, Beowulf, Geryon, Lady, Doppleganger, Arkham, Vergil - there are 12

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DMC4 - Berial, Bael/Dagon, Agnus in the Containment Room, Echidna, Dante, Credo, Angelo Agnus, Sanctus, the Savior - there are 9

DMC3 - Hell Vanguard, Cerberus, Gigapede, Agni and Rudra, Leviathan heart, Nevan, Beowulf, Geryon, Lady, Doppleganger, Arkham, Vergil - there are 12
yep you'Re right. Though I wouldn't count Hell Vanguard as boss

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There's more than that from the latest game that should be added. It took a lot of mechanics and brought them to a more natural evolution. The Ophion demon and angel pulls were Nero's arm and Vergil's teleportation in one nice little package. The bigger emphasis and variety in aerial combat also is welcome.

No more having to go around three inputs for a simple dodge. That's not skill, that's unnecessary because every other game I know maps that to one simple input.

No more locking moves away unless you hard lock either. Stuff like stinger and trillion stabs have been proven with the last Devil May Cry to not need manual hard lock to perform. Let that stay.

A manual hard lock as an option with a health counter is fine though.

The ability to incorporate the environment around you in combat should also stay.

Things I'd push to add to Devil May Cry, would be stuff like this:

-A crafting system to upgrade and customize weapons. Personalize your style. Hell, how about a little feature to customize Dante's looks however you want clothing wise.

-A whip like weapon to be incorporated for more ranged attacks. I'm thinking of a move like Spider-Man 2 had. Where you'd catch an enemy in web to swing him around your head like a lasso. Imagine Dante doing that and the ability to throw him at other enemies. Also, remember in the DmC trailer where Dante threw a car at demons? Let it be able to do stuff like that too.

-A short bullet time mechanic. More so like in Stranglehold where you have limited time to target enemies and then unleash a barrage of bullets. You can activate this one the ground, or in the air resulting in different results visually. Another stylishly to do crown control.

-The ability to strip weapons from enemies for punishing finishers and quick weapon access. It can be triggered by giving players a window fighting demons. Hitting a button will have Dante reach for the weapon and the next input could show him either using it to finish that enemy (like making him stab himself with his own sword), throwing it as a projectile (a quick toss at another enemy nearby that could even pin him up against a wall), and just using for a second to provide dual wield mechanics for a short time.

- A Mission creator mode. The ability to have sandbox level kits to customize your own short levels and a Bloody Palace editor. Customize enemies you can face in Bloody Palace. Create and share. One of the few multiplayer components I'd ask for.

-Also, keep the amazing level design of DmC for more visually interesting and dynamic levels. I don't care how you do it, just something like Limbo is a star that deserves more spotlight.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
There's more than that from the latest game that should be added. It took a lot of mechanics and brought them to a more natural evolution. The Ophion demon and angel pulls were Nero's arm and Vergil's teleportation in one nice little package. The bigger emphasis and variety in aerial combat also is welcome.

No more having to go around three inputs for a simple dodge. That's not skill, that's unnecessary because every other game I know maps that to one simple input.

No more locking moves away unless you hard lock either. Stuff like stinger and trillion stabs have been proven with the last Devil May Cry to not need manual hard lock to perform. Let that stay.

A manual hard lock as an option with a health counter is fine though.

The ability to incorporate the environment around you in combat should also stay.

Things I'd push to add to Devil May Cry, would be stuff like this:

-A crafting system to upgrade and customize weapons. Personalize your style. Hell, how about a little feature to customize Dante's looks however you want clothing wise.

-A whip like weapon to be incorporated for more ranged attacks. I'm thinking of a move like Spider-Man 2 had. Where you'd catch an enemy in web to swing him around your head like a lasso. Imagine Dante doing that and the ability to throw him at other enemies. Also, remember in the DmC trailer where Dante threw a car at demons? Let it be able to do stuff like that too.

-A short bullet time mechanic. More so like in Stranglehold where you have limited time to target enemies and then unleash a barrage of bullets. You can activate this one the ground, or in the air resulting in different results visually. Another stylishly to do crown control.

-The ability to strip weapons from enemies for punishing finishers and quick weapon access. It can be triggered by giving players a window fighting demons. Hitting a button will have Dante reach for the weapon and the next input could show him either using it to finish that enemy (like making him stab himself with his own sword), throwing it as a projectile (a quick toss at another enemy nearby that could even pin him up against a wall), and just using for a second to provide dual wield mechanics for a short time.

- A Mission creator mode. The ability to have sandbox level kits to customize your own short levels and a Bloody Palace editor. Customize enemies you can face in Bloody Palace. Create and share. One of the few multiplayer components I'd ask for.

-Also, keep the amazing level design of DmC for more visually interesting and dynamic levels. I don't care how you do it, just something like Limbo is a star that deserves more spotlight.

Hmmm no I don't agree with the first part at all, but customization is one hell of a good idea, as well as the possibility to modify Bloody Palace's waves (wasn't there a mod for DmC for that, btw?).

I would add a coop mode, like I don't know, dedicated, harder levels in a bigger (size-wise) Bloody Palace, where you get to play with a friend. Like, if Dante will keep sharing the spotlight with Nero, one of the players can play as Dante, and the other as Nero. Or even Vergil, if they include him playable.

Imagine Dante and Vergil, the Sons of Sparda, fighting and kicking ass together in Bloody Palace! Holy sh!t!

@ef9 o shea does this remind you of something? ;)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Not a common enemy, a mini boss. And it still is Mission 2's boss.
I remember you encounter it couple of time mixed with normal enemies. I don't remember all places, but it spawns on the platform leading to Beowulf

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Hmmm no I don't agree with the first part at all, but customization is one hell of a good idea, as well as the possibility to modify Bloody Palace's waves (wasn't there a mod for DmC for that, btw?).

I would add a coop mode, like I don't know, dedicated, harder levels in a bigger (size-wise) Bloody Palace, where you get to play with a friend. Like, if Dante will keep sharing the spotlight with Nero, one of the players can play as Dante, and the other as Nero. Or even Vergil, if they include him playable.

Imagine Dante and Vergil, the Sons of Sparda, fighting and kicking ass together in Bloody Palace! Holy sh!t!

maybe

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

!

What part? You'd have to elaborate because I think it's a rather fair assessment about the original game's mechanics. Having to go around three inputs for a dodge mechanic, or having moves locked away from you because you didn't hard lock, are stuff best left in the past.

What other game does arbitrary things like this? It's just ass backwards at this point from a video game perspective. There's nothing skillful or impressive about finding your ways around stuff that's unnecessary in the first place.

And, I'd prefer to not have a co-op mode. I still like single player games and don't want to have some idiot ruining my game. I fly stylishly solo.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What part? You'd have to elaborate because I think it's a rather fair assessment about the original game's mechanics. Having to go around three inputs for a dodge mechanic, or having moves locked away from you because you didn't hard lock, are stuff best left in the past.

What other game does arbitrary things like this? It's just ass backwards at this point from a video game perspective. There's nothing skillful or impressive about finding your ways around stuff that's unnecessary in the first place.

And, I'd prefer to not have a co-op mode. I still like single player games and don't want to have some idiot ruining my game. I fly stylishly solo.

This has been discussed in depth in other threads already.

Top Bottom