• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4: SE Could be Training...

Viper

Premium
Back on topic...

I sincerely hope it is a training, cause what better way to prepare them for another DMC than to have them dive into the previous one.
While one team is working on that, another can be brushing up the story and making character designs, planning out what to include and so on. They better really brush up the story this time, gone are the times when you could get away with certain things.

Meg

Back on topic...

I sincerely hope it is a training, cause what better way to prepare them for another DMC than to have them dive into the previous one.
While one team is working on that, another can be brushing up the story and making character designs, planning out what to include and so on. They better really brush up the story this time, gone are the times when you could get away with certain things.
Thank you. :thumbsup:

To the rest of you: don't even start. :facepalm:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
. They better really brush up the story this time, gone are the times when you could get away with certain things.
I don't think every game needs deep and philosophical story though :/ Many games as do films can have simple story, but be very enjoyable nontheless.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yeah, let's pretend this thread doesn't consist out of 60% of trolling including Frostmourne, or whatever his new nickname is and yours.

goodbye.gif

Viper

Premium
I don't think every game needs deep and philosophical story though :/ Many games as do films can have simple story, but be very enjoyable nontheless.
Except DMC4 tried to go down the path of detailed story, though forgot some details in the end. Now people expect more.
Also, people themselves changed. Everyone likes to do an in-depth discussion of the story, to have an explanation for everything, and nothing passes their radar. In that kind of an atmosphere you have to be really careful what you do with it. This is what I meant, not story with lots of details, but story where big questions are answered and things come into place as properly as possible. Of course, this is DMC we are talking about, so I'm not getting my hopes too high up, but still...

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Except DMC4 tried to go down the path of detailed story, though forgot some details in the end. Now people expect more.
Also, people themselves changed. Everyone likes to do an in-depth discussion of the story, to have an explanation for everything, and nothing passes their radar. In that kind of an atmosphere you have to be really careful what you do with it. This is what I meant, not story with lots of details, but story where big questions are answered and things come into place as properly as possible. Of course, this is DMC we are talking about, so I'm not getting my hopes too high up, but still...
Maybe, just maybe, they planned continuity to it, but due to amount of complaints they canned it development alltogether. Which is seemingly the case. Honestly I perfectly fine without that much of a story, since It's game, not a movie, and being enjoyable more important to me. Ninja Gaiden can get away with flat story, and still be one of the best HnS in Ps3 era :)

Frazz

General gamer
Whilst that is certainly true I think some fans see the epic potential story embedded in the Devil May Cry universe as rather than all things hinging on Sparda the games can have more interesting stories to tell us. Also DMC4's attempt to jab at religion was interesting but ultimately didn't work so if Capcom want to make a silly story they should commit rather than DMC4's rather split tone. I'd enjoy the silliness more in DMC4 if the game didn't try to be serious at points.

ANYWAY: Let's not (as is common these days) get into game bashing and all that please!

ON TOPIC: It would be interesting if there were guys working on the narrative ground work for DMC5 and some basic gameplay concepts whilst using 4 as an inspiration. If that were the case what elements of DMC4's combat would you guys (and gals) like to see return?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
ON TOPIC: It would be interesting if there were guys working on the narrative ground work for DMC5 and some basic gameplay concepts whilst using 4 as an inspiration. If that were the case what elements of DMC4's combat would you guys (and gals) like to see return?

As I said, pretty much everything, glitches included.

What I would add is more and better taunts for Dante (not that I disliked the ones he got by any means, but if you compare his taunts to Nero's... well, Nero's the one with the best looking animations), and styles and more weapons and moves for Nero if he will keep being the protagonist.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
With the Sly Cooper franchise, Sony let Sanzaru Games take the reigns for Sly 4 after they worked on the Sly cooper collection so its entirely possible the same could happen here.

on the matter of storytelling, its hard to say since storytelling itself is malleable and there arent much clear cut rules or clear right or wrong answer so its a matter of just keep trying and learning from mistakes and hopefully they can pull out another winner.

So one thing i think they could improve on is they tend to be be very disconnected and often their ideas dont have that 100% commitment it needs to be good so those are things to work on.

Its ok to market to fans as well as other markets but that goes better with trying to find a middle ground between different parties which is something they havent done well so far so thats something that they could work on as well.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's ok to market to fans as well as other markets but that goes better with trying to find a middle ground between different parties which is something they haven't done well so far so that's something that they could work on as well.
Which is why I had suggested yesterday that a new reboot be created; one that combined the best of both DmC and Classic DMC.

Or at the very least, have DmC2 be more like the classic series to placate more fans out there. Either one would be fine.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
A Special Edition of DMC 4 at this point, is just showing how limited Capcom is on options at this point when it comes to making games.

All the times they were stupid with their money has come back to bite them on the ass hard, and they are now just trying to keep their heads above the water. Taking small steps with their more bigger franchises because they can't afford to invest those brands in to bigger projects.

Why do you think their latest outings have just been remasters, ports, episodic projects, and DLC? Their only big time AAA release coming in the near future as of right now is Street Fighter V. Because it's safest big bet they have.

DmC should be kept as far from DMC as possible. It done enough on it's own.
Oh my Godzilla. Hush up, and just go away.

All we hear from you is
DonCries.gif

We get it. You're a broken record. The latest game committed the most despicable atrocity in gaming history by being titled Devil May Cry. In your eyes, it has done nothing at all worthy of lineage it stems from. Nothing at all.

Guess what? NOBODY. CARES.

Quit passively aggressively antagonizing members who just simply enjoy a freaking video game. And just stop it with your crap. Don't act like you aren't trying to instigate things. For someone who hates the latest game so much, you never shy away from those particular threads and are pretty much the only one to bring it up in ANY conversation. You were the only one to complain about the latest DMC game when everyone was talking Metal Gear Rising.

You can't fool anyone. You do this on purpose and like to fight.

This isn't about stupid video games anymore. This is just about petty crap that has gone on for too long. Grow up, and get over yourself. It's JUST. A. GAME.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah these fightings need to be over.

So, @Innsmouth and @Chancey289, just reach an agreement.

Innsmouth, you stop attacking DmC aggressively or passive-aggressively in every occasion possible, and you Chancey do the same with DMC4. Keep your hate towards those games for yourselves, don't always shove it down our throats.

This forum is losing members, and people are discouraged to join or post because of this. Heck, I've convinced my friend to join, cause we both enjoy talking about DMC with people, but I bet he's already thinking of leaving.

Meg

Oh my Godzilla. Hush up, and just go away.

All we hear from you is
DonCries.gif

We get it. You're a broken record. The latest game committed the most despicable atrocity in gaming history by being titled Devil May Cry. In your eyes, it has done nothing at all worthy of lineage it stems from. Nothing at all.

Guess what? NOBODY. CARES.

Quit passively aggressively antagonizing members who just simply enjoy a freaking video game. And just stop it with your crap. Don't act like you aren't trying to instigate things. For someone who hates the latest game so much, you never shy away from those particular threads and are pretty much the only one to bring it up in ANY conversation. You were the only one to complain about the latest DMC game when everyone was talking Metal Gear Rising.

You can't fool anyone. You do this on purpose and like to fight.

This isn't about stupid video games anymore. This is just about petty crap that has gone on for too long. Grow up, and get over yourself. It's JUST. A. GAME.

Chancey, what even is this? :eek:

There is absolutely no reason for posts like this. Someone is bothering you? Report and ignore. The staff are tired of being broken records and would really appreciate it if people would take our advice.

I understand your frustration. This back and forth bickering between DmC and DMC has been going on for way too long. It does need to stop. People do need to get over themselves and stop taking video games so freaking seriously. But you know what? You can't be pulling this kind of crap. Like, Dude.

Dude.

Dude.

No. :facepalm:

You know better. I don't want to see this kind of crap again. Got it?

EDIT: And for the love of gosh darn diggity STOP DOUBLE POSTING!!!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yeah these fightings need to be over.

So, @Innsmouth and @Chancey289, just reach an agreement.

Innsmouth, you stop attacking DmC aggressively or passive-aggressively in every occasion possible, and you Chancey do the same with DMC4. Keep your hate towards those games for yourselves, don't always shove it down our throats.

This forum is losing members, and people are discouraged to join or post because of this. Heck, I've convinced my friend to join, cause we both enjoy talking about DMC with people, but I bet he's already thinking of leaving.
Eh? I have no clue he even posted here, so I can't obviously reach an agreement with somebody whose posts doesn't exist for me. And finally, I'm really sick of same people who derailing ANY DMC thread over and over again. And it's not gonna change anytime sooner. I'm sorry about your friend, and I can easily ignore DmC, if some people haven't felt obliged to mention it in every thread as golden standard, even if it doesn't remotely belong to discussion like in this case.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Anyway, I think elements of DmC could be added to a possible DMC5. If they add elements from DMC2 to DMC3, then it'd be stupid to believe they wouldn't WANT to add the improvements of DmC to a DMC5. Moveable camera? faster JCing? beautiful aesthetics in movement and scenery? character development? Of course those things will be added, otherwise it would be just like sports games and CoD; doing the same thing without adding any new features.

Top Bottom