• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4: SE Could be Training...

Frazz

General gamer
I wasn't sure where to put this thread but given that it is a bit more about a possible DMC5 I put it in the general discussion. So here's my theory:

Basically because many of the members of Capcom that worked on DMC3 and 4 have gone off to Platinum Games I was thinking that the special edition of DMC4 was to get some new blood up to speed on how to make a DMC game. This could mean that the team are learning the complexities of the DMC4 combat system so that they may take it into a possible DMC5...

So what do you guys think? Could this be the case?

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
That actually makes a lot of sense. Reviving a seven year old game is so odd, but if they're doing it so they can start off with a bang on a sequel (instead of letting it flounder akin to DMC2) then I'm even more for it.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If they're training on DMC4 SE then that would mean there is no development on DMC5 right now, so we likely won't be hearing anything for a year or 2 after the DMC4: SE releases.

Besides Itsuno is the DMC3 and 4 guy and he's still at Capcom, plus he's not working on Dragon's Dogma so he could be laying the ground work for it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So basically another DMC4 for DMC5 where it's multiple buttons to do one move and a combat system that can't be bothered to evolve...
yay

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If that's the case, they had better do it right... or pay the price.

Well, you don't say? xD

As for combat, DMC4 is already very deep, extensive and awesome as-is (it's not a matter of being stubborn, it's just the way it is, deal with it and stop trying to start an arguing by posting subtle baiting comments please... it's really gotten old now), and plus, it's one of those rare cases where the glitches actually improve the combat. Things like Guard Fly, Distortion, Inertia, Lucifer glitch are really high level stuff to pull off and visually stylish as f*ck.

My worry for the DMC4 SE is actually the opposite: Capcom deciding to "fix" those things (even though I don't think it will be the case... but I'm still worried), when they're not something to fix. The entire stylish community revolves around those techniques and Capcom should actually think of keeping them and implement them in an hypothetical DMC5, in a more "controlled" environment.

Of course, all of this together with new combat features.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Well, you don't say? xD

As for combat, DMC4 is already very deep, extensive and awesome as-is (it's not a matter of being stubborn, it's just the way it is, deal with it and stop trying to start an arguing by posting subtle baiting comments please... it's really gotten old now), and plus, it's one of those rare cases where the glitches actually improve the combat. Things like Guard Fly, Distortion, Inertia, Lucifer glitch are really high level stuff to pull off and visually stylish as f*ck.

My worry for the DMC4 SE is actually the opposite: Capcom deciding to "fix" those things (even though I don't think it will be the case... but I'm still worried), when they're not something to fix. The entire stylish community revolves around those techniques and Capcom should actually think of keeping them and implement them in an hypothetical DMC5, in a more "controlled" environment.

Of course, all of this together with new combat features.
But my thing is I hope they don't just copy paste DMC4's "perfect" combat and pretty much sail on that for the next ten years. Then we end up getting another street fighter where it's the same old gameplay with very small changes to evolve it any further or try something new. Not like DmC but just...something new and daring. Not rehashed Street Fighter.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
But my thing is I hope they don't just copy paste DMC4's "perfect" combat and pretty much sail on that for the next ten years. Then we end up getting another street fighter where it's the same old gameplay with very small changes to evolve it any further or try something new. Not like DmC but just...something new and daring. Not rehashed Street Fighter.

Yeah that's what I said at the end. If ur gonna make a DMC5, keep the glitches but add something. And test the final product. Seriously... they got lucky with DMC4, for the fact that the glitches add to the combat, contributing on making it the best of the series, but they can't rely on that happening again.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
All better than DmCs glitches with immovable bosses who don't do anything but sit in one place. DMC4 never fell to such atrocity. SO I perfectly fine with DMC5 being based completely on DMC4, while ignoring everything from reboot

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
All better than DmCs glitches with immovable bosses who don't do anything but sit in one place. DMC4 never fell to such atrocity. SO I perfectly fine with DMC5 being based completely on DMC4, while ignoring everything from reboot

Please don't do that. There's no need to bash DmC or DMC4, or any game, this forum has had enough of that I think.

I beg everyone not to reply to this and carry on with a civil discussion.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Please don't do that. There's no need to bash DmC or DMC4, or any game, this forum has had enough of that I think.

I beg everyone not to reply to this and carry on with a civil discussion.
So you consider "rehashed SF" part of civil discussion? Honestly I already sick of amount of bashing that happens on this forum, and I already said, we either keep our mouthes shut about both games, or we deal with bashing them both. This place gets worse and I don't notice anybody doing anything about it.

DragonMaster2010

So you consider "rehashed SF" part of civil discussion? Honestly I already sick of amount of bashing that happens on this forum, and I already said, we either keep our mouthes shut about both games, or we deal with bashing them both. This place gets worse and I don't notice anybody doing anything about it.

That wasn't an insult though. That was an example of what I don't want DMC5 to turn into, not straight up bash DMC4.
Jeez calm your tits.

DragonMaster2010

it's pretty funny to hear from someone who complains about every DMC mention on DmC threads :/

When have I complained about every DMC though? DMC4, yes, but not everytime it's mentioned. And I DO appreciate some of the things DMC4 has done. Just because you can't do the same with DmC doesn't mean you chastise me.
so again; calm. the. titties.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
When have I complained about every DMC though? DMC4, yes, but not everytime it's mentioned. And I DO appreciate some of the things DMC4 has done. Just because you can't do the same with DmC doesn't mean you chastise me.
so again; calm. the. titties.
Yeah, let's pretend this thread doesn't consist out of 60% of trolling including Frostmourne, or whatever his new nickname is and yours.

Top Bottom