• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC3 vs. DMC4

DMC3 or DMC4?

• Total voters

Sparda™

Zato-OW;172276 said:
Uh he said DMC3 not DMC3SE....:dry: Its obvious.

People still mentioned Vergil as being part with DMC3. You just can't separate the games. They're the same.

Whatever...<_<

Sparda™

Zato-OW;172301 said:
Well Vergil was part of them both except in SE he was playable and DMC3 he wasn't.

Doesn't really make a difference.

If It would, people would be voting more DMC4 rather than DMC3.

But the results tell otherwise.

lafudge

&vergil.♥
Devil Hunter 95;172268 said:
wow.... thats alot of...uh...reasons to tell why DMC 3 is better.... i think

Well, okay, I kinda cheated with the Vergil thing, but I really do think he's a huge reason as to why I think DMC3 is better than DMC4. I mean I went crazy for DMC3 and really fell in love with the whole idea of Vergil. I really understand his character and I really got into him so I was hoping that he'd be in DMC4 because I didn't know where abouts DMC4 would be in the whole DMC timeline. Unfortunately he wasn't in it (I don't think since we don't know if it's Vergil inside the Devil Bringer or not) which was a real let-down for me, even though it was cool that Capcom brought forth some new characters. But since I'm a Vergil fangirl, the lack of him just really knocked down DMC4 for me. I also think that DMC3 has a general better storyline. It's much more personal and we get to see Dante when he's "starting out". I thought the tension between Dante and Vergil was immense and it made a great impression upon me. Must have done the same for a lot of other people too since Vergil now has a huge fanbase. So yeah. Let's just hope Vergil pops up in DMC5.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;172360 said:
Doesn't really make a difference.

If It would, people would be voting more DMC4 rather than DMC3.

But the results tell otherwise.

You seriously have a issue about being wrong about something. Just admit it and leave it alone. Who cares why they voted for DMC3 over 4. You tried to correct me and it was me ending up correcting you... Its not my problem if they didn't read exactly what he typed.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;172371 said:
You seriously have a issue about being wrong about something. Just admit it and leave it alone. Who cares why they voted for DMC3 over 4. You tried to correct me and it was me ending up correcting you... Its not my problem if they didn't read exactly what he typed.

Why do you take It so personally?

I didn't even mean it to correct you in the first place. Maybe you should learn to behave properly. Being arrogant doesn't take you anywhere.

lafudge

&vergil.♥
Zato-OW;172371 said:

Sparda™;172375 said:
Why do you take It so personally?

I didn't even mean it to correct you in the first place. Maybe you should learn to behave properly. Being arrogant doesn't take you anywhere.

Can we both chill out guys? I know I'm new and whatnot but I don't like seeing people argue. We're all here to appreciate and share our liking for DMC, not to be at loggerheads over it. :(

Sparda™

lafudge;172377 said:
Can we both chill out guys? I know I'm new and whatnot but I don't like seeing people argue. We're all here to appreciate and share our liking for DMC, not to be at loggerheads over it. :(

Yeah, I wasn't trying to open a debate or something like that.

I just cleared myself.

Zato-OW

King
You know what, this is exactly why opinions are opinions and facts are facts. I don't like to argue but I hate when people pick at my posts over there own personal opinions.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;172381 said:
You know what, this is exactly why opinions are opinions and facts are facts. I don't like to argue but I hate when people pick at my posts over there own personal opinions.

It's not my personal opinion. It's a well-known fact.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;172383 said:
It's not my personal opinion. It's a well-known fact.

Pretty much correct.

DMC 3 just implies both DMC 3 and SE.

Originally Posted by Zato-OW
Umm "personal opinion" has no relevancy when the issue is facts.

The fact is DMC 3 and SE are the same game. SE is just like an expansion pack, they just didn't have DLC back then.

Zato-OW

King
Black Angel;172449 said:
Pretty much correct.

DMC 3 just implies both DMC 3 and SE.

The fact is DMC 3 and SE are the same game. SE is just like an expansion pack, they just didn't have DLC back then.

If DMC3 and DMC3:SE are the same game then why does Capcom have the sales on both of them divided on their charts? The only way DMC3:SE would be an expansion is if it counter acted with DMC3 DISC for the PS2 which it doesn't, it doesn't even counter act with the memory data from DMC3. They are the same title partly but two "different" games because one has content that the other doesn't because back then YES they didn't have DLC. That's just like someone asking hey should I buy DMC3 or DMC3:SE obviously your going to tell them to buy DMC3:SE because its the WHAT? Better game. THINK PEOPLE!!!

Oh Btw the Topic clearly says he was talking about the first DMC3 and for some reason you misread it or just ignored it and felt you had the need to pick at my post when I was voting for exactly what he wrote in his post. Honestly I think you just wanted a reason for me to vote for DMC4 but as you can tell I don't back down.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Zato-OW;173451 said:
If DMC3 and DMC3:SE are the same game then why does Capcom have the sales on both of them divided on their charts? The only way DMC3:SE would be an expansion is if it counter acted with DMC3 DISC for the PS2 which it doesn't, it doesn't even counter act with the memory data from DMC3. They are the same title partly but two "different" games because one has content that the other doesn't because back then YES they didn't have DLC. That's just like someone asking hey should I buy DMC3 or DMC3:SE obviously your going to tell them to buy DMC3:SE because its the WHAT? Better game. THINK PEOPLE!!!

Don't be a dumbass. Of course they are separate on sales charts, that makes sense.

The one and only thing that separates the two is the fact that in SE you play as Virgil.

Once again, for the purposes of this discussion the two are the same game.

You where wrong, you are still wrong. Just get over it.

Zato-OW

King
You prove nothing by saying that DMC3:SE is just like a expansion because its not for damn OBVIOUS reasons. Its funny how you state no facts how they are the same game instead you say the same crap with nothing to back it up just personal beliefs.

The only person being a dumb ass is you for thinking they are the same game because 80% of the content is the same in both. The fact that back then PS2 had no DLC and DMC3:SE is not an expansion means they are 2 different version/games. Its a reason why DMC3 sold this much and DMC3:SE sold this much because why? They consider one to be different from the other why? Because they are 2 different games even though 80% is the same.

As I said again they guy said in his post that he was talking about the first release of DMC3 NOT SE so I'm starting to think you were to lazy to read everything he wrote and voted anyway. But once again someone has nothing to back his statements up with but yet more personal beliefs.

Hydralisk

Evolution complete
Oi, girls, take the slagging to pm's.

As for the debate itself, SE is just dmc3 with DLC, Vergil, and a few tweaks. To a very good approximation, they are both the same game. The reason that DMC3 data can't be used in SE is because DMC3 wasn't designed explicitly to be forward-compatible with SE. Zato, I can see why you think they are different games, but by that token doesn't that mean that Sims expansion packs are surely different games, right?

As for the poll, haven't played dmc4, but dmc3 was ace!

Zato-OW

King
Lol read what you just posted. There is no DLC for the PS2, that makes it a different game then the original also the fact that it can't be an expansion to the original DMC3 because it would counter act with it. Its a different game by default because of the lack of features back then. If this game was released on the PS3 then there would be no point in releasing a "same" game with extra content.

Btw even Sims titles for the PS2 are considered different games as well because one does not counter act with the other instead they make you start a new game all over. If the Sims games where expansions then they would not be able to be played with out the first copy of the game or atleast data of the game on your memory card.

Its just like how they kept putting out Street Fighter 3rd Strike over and over again because they wasn't happy about the last one they released and people complained about it. Though they had a % of the same content they all were different games because one had more then the other and they kept adding on the the name of the title. An expansion means you can carry your existing data from a previous copy of a game and convert it to the new one like some final fantasy games.

All good though I'm tired of talking about this. DMC3 wins the voting as was expected.

LoGoS

Get Destro'd
Black Angel;172449 said:
Pretty much correct.

Your fact is an opinion, just as my opinion is that they are two different games, but I'll at least give some support.

The schematics for the levels are the same, but there are two many differences for it to be labeled DLC. A better clarification IMO is that DMC 3SE is a remake of DMC 3.

SE differences are a majority of the game:
Bosses
Difficulty
Enemy Placement
DT bar usage (ex quicksilver)
BP
Characters (playable, outfits, and abilities)

That's just some of the areas that were changed. A bit much for DLC, that’s why I like the term remake when distinguishing between the two separate titles.

My vote was for DMC 3, cuz thats where the love started.

Blue Rose

The Demon Hunter
I want to say DMC4, but only bc its the only one im into right now. Its the shiny new toy. But I remember putting 60 hours into DMC3 (original) and collecting everything also. And I can tell they did alot more work with 3 than 4. DMC4 jus seems kinda lazy in terms of content. But its still such a great game. But Im voting DMC3 for the simple fact that they put alot more effort into it, instead of reusing old moves and levels and designes.

Top Bottom