• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC2 Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
arkham;54575 said:
I haven't played the game yet, i am getting it tomorrow so in about a week i will repost and give my point whether i liked it or wana send it back

OH GOD!!! NOOOOO!!! it sucked ***!!!!!!

w33l33

meh...
i agree with tony, if it aint broke dont fix it and if its broken beyond repair dont touch it! i am sure capcom are more than making up for it in dmc4 (and 3 to be fair) any way a remake wud be pointless as no one wud buy it anyway after the dissapointment of dmc2

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
first of all it would have to be a complete overhaul of the story since the story seemed like more a side job that just happened to involve fake-dante saving the world. Can anyone say SHALLOW plot/characters?

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
YESSSS!!! It was shallow, Dante too. His attitude sucked big time! Oh, and Ermac does not have a mouth mask, but a face one... his outfit is different too. But, nice new sig there!

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Thanks and really? i thought ermac was a pallette swap like all the others, are you thinking of the newer MK's?

anyway, although some parts were nicely done(rooftop run level and DT flying come to mind) the game really leaves to much to be desired to even be considered a DMC game. its DMC in name only.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Yeah, DMC, we must cherish, if we love it. Though, I guess DMC2 should stay outta the picture for a while. Dont you think?

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
... That may be discrimination. Besides, the director of the game is Japanese. Though, they must have ran outta ideas and the fans must have been demanding for a sequal. So, they must have had no choice but to surrender and give them what they want. Simple.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I reckon it's no-one's fault, let's face it, making the sequel to one of the most stunning games ever was going to be tough. They didn't know which part of DMC we were going for plus they had various complaints by "Casual gamers" that it was too hard.
They just took that criticism a bit too hard and tried to make a better environment, true it actually turned out worse but trial and error is the only way forward. Neither the Japanese nor the American team could do much about that.

AkitoSora

Well because all the fans where in too demand so thats why they didn'ttake their time they wanted to happy the fans

*btw* don't make fun of accents i have one

beanbagofdoom

beanbagofdoom
Time line wise, this is acauly the final chapter of the devil may cry series, and all that happened was dante fought a guy in a suite making a demon city and ended up going into hell. the going into hell bit was cool, but apart from that, the story sucked real bad, yes remake pls

Destrond

Spectre Of The Flame
Really i think that this game was to show people a lesson. A lesson that you can't make a game life-like in gameplay.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
A remake would be good, but they would have to change so much I'm not sure it would count - personally I tihnk most of the enemies would need to be remade, and the story would need a lot of changes to really be any good.

But maybe, if they made a good rivalry between Bolverk and Dante, and made the bosses and Arius a bit cooler it could be cool.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
i hate to post in threads like this where there may be 1 or maybe even 2 fans of this game..but, lets face it...wether u liked this game or not..wich im guessing not too many smart ppl do...it sucked..the story line made little if any sence. dante wasnt even dante..he was too serious...i guess if u go along with the notion that there is a possibility of this being the last chapter in the dmc story arch..it might make alittle sence once all the other peices are put there..but for now lets just pretend it never existed...i never even finished the game to tell u the truth cuz it sucked so bad

DarkHuntersInc

I dunno if Capcom would commit to a remake of the second, if they gave it the quality of 3 and 4 then it could be a great game. I liked some of the concepts at the time, humans getting involved with demons (before Arkham and the Order) and Dante going to other regions. But the game itself didn't stand up with the original.

The Only

Devil May Cry Badass
Yeah no matter how much it sucked I don't think capcom could completely disown it, its like there illegitimate son. Plus story line wise its gonna be harder coming up with ideas. It had some good ideas like a city setting, and human villain. But the story would have to be revamped filling in the wholes and clearing the story with bolverk, making him posiibly the second to last boss. Explaining why Dante's attitude is why it is maybe Trish or Lady dying. But still make him slightly cocky not all the way dry. and give it the fighting system of devil may cry3. But with Dante's ability to switch styles instantly. I don't know thats almost like a new game though and probably wouldn't even be counted as 2.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Lol, I'm sure Capcom will love to do that. But they cannot. But a remake may be able to give the players a more visible sight of the story, and some better gameplay. Don't you think the fans earn more respect than that?
Well, I do think so. And hey, they could even change the battle mode a little bit, too. I mean, the weapons, the enemies... DMC 2 just seemed so boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom