• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
I hope someone makes a DmC mod for PC, which makes that media reporter boss look like this:

Gry_Zlo_3472505.jpg

asurai

I am quite tired at the moment, however I wish to watch the livestream for DmC happening rather soon. Though for the stream they played just moments ago, they mentioned that the demo they're showing is of "Mission 7". I figured I'd report that here.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
damn that raptor news battle was epic. plus it gave us some interesting back story for Dante, my opinion of DmC could not get any higher

788Masri

Wow I'm still a bit skeptical and that boss battle looked mad easy. Poison looked more challenging.

i felt it looked easy too but keep in mind this is probably on human/easy mode plus like poison this boss has multiple health bars so it may be the case that he increases his offensive power with each bar.

788Masri

ive kept tabs on raptor news. its changed, you know same old stuff. a rtificial food is the new thing. gun control stuff etc. but then i saw this http://www.raptornews.com/article/the-joy-of-sacks

"It's not easy being exceedingly rich. Sure, life is simple if you're a pathetic, second-class citizen, but it can be a constant challenge for the prominent billionaire: "Which luxury SUV has the biggest fuel tank?" "Should I order the Albino Dolphin Filet or Beluga Whale Caviar?” These were just a few of the modern tycoon’s daily conundrums, until a group of Wall Street investors found a Silver lining.

Thanks to the flawless leadership of renowned CEO Kyle Ryder, Silver Sacks investors are wealthier and happier than ever. One savvy investor, William Goldbar explains, "My Silver Sacks earnings allowed me to hire personal assistants for my personal assistants. Now my senior decision maker's personal decision-making team makes all my personal decisions. It was the best decision I never made!"

You don't need to understand the stock market to get rich anymore. Just follow Kyle Ryder's airtight financial advice, invest all your money in Silver Sacks, and you'll start earning yacht-loads of money in no time at all. Playing the stock market can be risky for ignorant investors, but Sacks' winning portfolio is your guaranteed gold-plated stairway to billionaire heaven."

im thinking this Kyle may be another boss in the game. something to do with the finance world. this got me thinking maybe every propaganda article is a way of showing us whats in the game. eg theres and article on lab food. maybe itll be a similair thing to verility. and a possible level for vergil....http://www.raptornews.com/article/petri-lickin-good

Devil Player

I've just watched that boss battle. The guy seems to be weaker than normal enemies...How is that possible?

He took more time beating the Rage demons, rather than killing a boss...Strange.

As for being on easy mode, I thought about that. However, the video featuring the Rage demons, proves the opposite.

788Masri

I've just watched that boss battle. The guy seems to be weaker than normal enemies...How is that possible?

He took more time beating the Rage demons, rather than killing a boss...Strange.

As for being on easy mode, I thought about that. However, the video featuring the Rage demons, proves the opposite.

tru, but remember he has multiple health bars, and it doesnt look like ol bob is fighting serious yet. so perhaps he becomes more powerful and aggressive after you take out one or two of them

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
ive kept tabs on raptor news. its changed, you know same old stuff. a rtificial food is the new thing. gun control stuff etc. but then i saw this http://www.raptornews.com/article/the-joy-of-sacks

"It's not easy being exceedingly rich. Sure, life is simple if you're a pathetic, second-class citizen, but it can be a constant challenge for the prominent billionaire: "Which luxury SUV has the biggest fuel tank?" "Should I order the Albino Dolphin Filet or Beluga Whale Caviar?” These were just a few of the modern tycoon’s daily conundrums, until a group of Wall Street investors found a Silver lining.

Thanks to the flawless leadership of renowned CEO Kyle Ryder, Silver Sacks investors are wealthier and happier than ever. One savvy investor, William Goldbar explains, "My Silver Sacks earnings allowed me to hire personal assistants for my personal assistants. Now my senior decision maker's personal decision-making team makes all my personal decisions. It was the best decision I never made!"

You don't need to understand the stock market to get rich anymore. Just follow Kyle Ryder's airtight financial advice, invest all your money in Silver Sacks, and you'll start earning yacht-loads of money in no time at all. Playing the stock market can be risky for ignorant investors, but Sacks' winning portfolio is your guaranteed gold-plated stairway to billionaire heaven."

im thinking this Kyle may be another boss in the game. something to do with the finance world. this got me thinking maybe every propaganda article is a way of showing us whats in the game. eg theres and article on lab food. maybe itll be a similair thing to verility. and a possible level for vergil....http://www.raptornews.com/article/petri-lickin-good

It seems like these articles forshadows the things to be in the game's story like the Devil's Dalliance, the Virility Factory and the drink itself, and well Raptor News.

As well as each topic categorized into Health, Culture, Politics, and Economy.

I feel if they do do the Bulge Burger scenario it must come before the Virility Factory & City Stage possibly at that carnival or pier that was shown.

Kammosjuttu

It seems like these articles forshadows the things to be in the game's story like the Devil's Dalliance, the Virility Factory and the drink itself, and well Raptor News.

As well as each topic categorized into Health, Culture, Politics, and Economy.

I feel if they do do the Bulge Burger scenario it must come before the Virility Factory & City Stage possibly at that carnival or pier that was shown.

You remember how there was that hamburger advertising poster at the fun park? Though the poster said "Candie's Burger", it could maybe be linked to the Bulge Burger. (By the way, "Candie's Burger"... "can die is burger"... or?). Anyway, I hope we can play as Dante all around the carnival pier, for it's a location I like. :)

788Masri

You remember how there was that hamburger advertising poster at the fun park? Though the poster said "Candie's Burger", it could maybe be linked to the Bulge Burger. (By the way, "Candie's Burger"... "can die is burger"... or?). Anyway, I hope we can play as Dante all around the carnival pier, for it's a location I like. :)

ha can die thats good,
yh im pretty sure that the pier level is really early on so the game seems to be starting strong :). tho im just looking around and trying to see which levels will be played by Vergil if he gets his own.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
ha can die thats good,
yh im pretty sure that the pier level is really early on so the game seems to be starting strong :). tho im just looking around and trying to see which levels will be played by Vergil if he gets his own.

Oh God I hope he does and doesn't repeat what DMC3 & DMC4 did at least DMC3 made some sense but I would've liked some more of a story at least and not fight Vergil as Vergil....but fighting Nelo Angelo was nice.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
-= Continued =-

Bosses;
- Bob Barbas (Corrupted Media Demon)

BoBFight.jpg
The Media demon finally shows his true technicolours.

- Hunter

PierDemon.jpg

Ultimate cure for a Hangover.

Weapons;
- Eryx (Gauntlets)

DmCeryx.jpg

Essentially assuming the role of our new Ifrit, Beowulf and Gilgamesh. Eryx serves as our heavy-hitting, close range fisticuffs.

- Ophion Whip

Ophion.jpg

Used for both combat and traversal, both quite extensively also.

- Aquila

aquila.png

Little is known currently of Aquila, appears to be some form of giant Shuriken.

- The Revenant (Shotgun)

2h7gxo7.jpg

A shotgun. What else is there to say?

Tutorial;

Interface;
- Pause screen

pausemenu.jpg

Locations;
- Virility Factory

473641_384861304913240_1576086555_o.jpg

616383_386496201416417_1820505686_o.jpg

Clocktower (Unconfirmed)

screenshot11.jpg

Trailers/Gameplay;
- NYCC 2012

- Tokyo Gameshow 2012

- Gamescom 2012 Vergil reveal

Pre-order Bonuses;
- DLC Chapter 'Vergil's Downfall'

US fans can pre-order DmC at Gamestop now to receive Vergil's Downfall additional content as well as the Samurai weapons pack.

Canadian fans can pre-order DmC at EB Games now to receive Vergil's Downfall additional content as well as the Samurai weapons pack.

Can also be purchased separately.

- Pre-order edition videos

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/pre-order-videos.12177/

- Amazon (Bone Pack)

151993859fa7a7683110fb1d111d9c4c.jpg
- Gamestop (Samurai Pack)
dmc-bonus-lg.jpg
- Best Buy (Golden Pack)
a25222bb14ccbcc2e354714e6cfe977a.jpg
Limited Edition;
- Soundtrack CD
l_505b0dfcd6b09.jpg
- E&I Necklace

l_505b0dfa16bbf.jpg

- Art book

l_505b0dfb91492.jpg

GameStop 'Son of Sparda' exclusive edition

291_4698_5088f4b52ce038.63991601.jpg

For the first part of this compilation, check it out here

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Concept Art:

dmc-devil-may-cry-gamescom-screenshot-8.jpg

88a24f0f97ea9b4785f3cc92b6b49c2a-1.jpg

Vergil:

vergil_render_fullres-copy.jpg

Vergil is still Dante’s twin brother in the new series. While Dante was admitted to an orphanage run by demons as a child, Vergil was adopted into a rich family. Highly-gifted, Vergil wrote a security encryption program that made him a multi-millionaire before he was even out of school.

Vergil’s parents both suffered at the hands of demons, which is something he intends to take revenge on them for. His mother was killed at their hands while his father has been enslaved by them. He now uses his wealth in order to research and combat demons, and is described as calculating character that makes strategic decisions without letting emotions get in the way.

In order to do this, Vergil established The Order, which Dante’s female partner in DmC, Kat, is part of. Vergil happens to be the previously mentioned head of this organization.

crush

Well we know that it's Bob is on the first health bar and we know nightmare was one pesky boss...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well we know that it's Bob is on the first health bar and we know nightmare was one pesky boss...

I hope that battle with Bob shown was just a warm up and after he loses 1 health bar(oddly his health bar doesn't look like the boss health bar Poison has but more the player's one) the REAL battle ensues and he gets serious.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Chatted with Angel, guys. Unfortunately she cannot merge the posts containing complied information nor extend the media allowance, so we're simply going to have to work with separate, scattered posts.

But regardless, it was a community effort to begin with, so keep the info coming! :)

Top Bottom