• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dmc to DmC weapons

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Yeah............I just went to google and put in sword. I just like the look. But your right, it could look better.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
There was a big debate earlier about if it was possible or not to dual wield a broadsword and a katana, and if it would fit into devil may cry. I found it odd nobody pointed out that vergil did exactly this in DMC3

As far as interesting weapons go, here's a bit of DMC lore. I don't know if it's been changed in the new DmC because I never bothered to dig deep enough, but it's interesting anyway. When a greater demon dies in the devil may cry universe, their soul manifests as a demonic weapon called a devil arm. Not just extra powerful elites like frosts and blitzes, you have to be a demon packing a power like beowulf or cerberus. Sparda was highly unusual in that he manifested a portion of his soul into a weapon for himself to use while he was still alive (sparda literally carried sparda into battle), and there's no indication any other demon ever accomplished this, not even mundus. Sparda was an incredible badass. But how is this story relevant?

Demons like bael and nevan were powerful enough to manifest as weapons, but dante and vergil are more powerful, powerful enough to blow them away in a one on one without breaking a sweat. So when they die, what kind of weapons will they become? Let's just make the assumption for the sake of discussion that being half breeds won't prevent them from becoming weapons.

My bet is dante will manifest as some kind of dual gun, similar to ebony and ivory, but demonic in nature. Unless you had a powerful enough ego (and we're talking one monster of an ego) any attempted wielder would be overpowered by Dante's own bravado and forced to taunt, strut, and make jokes constantly during combat.

As far as vergil, there are some fan theories that vergil became the devil bringer and bound himself to nero when he was young. I really can't think of anything more fitting for vergil than a super powerful right hand that allows you to wield yamato

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
There was a big debate earlier about if it was possible or not to dual wield a broadsword and a katana, and if it would fit into devil may cry. I found it odd nobody pointed out that vergil did exactly this in DMC3

As far as interesting weapons go, here's a bit of DMC lore. I don't know if it's been changed in the new DmC because I never bothered to dig deep enough, but it's interesting anyway. When a greater demon dies in the devil may cry universe, their soul manifests as a demonic weapon called a devil arm. Not just extra powerful elites like frosts and blitzes, you have to be a demon packing a power like beowulf or cerberus. Sparda was highly unusual in that he manifested a portion of his soul into a weapon for himself to use while he was still alive (sparda literally carried sparda into battle), and there's no indication any other demon ever accomplished this, not even mundus. Sparda was an incredible badass. But how is this story relevant?

Demons like bael and nevan were powerful enough to manifest as weapons, but dante and vergil are more powerful, powerful enough to blow them away in a one on one without breaking a sweat. So when they die, what kind of weapons will they become? Let's just make the assumption for the sake of discussion that being half breeds won't prevent them from becoming weapons.

My bet is dante will manifest as some kind of dual gun, similar to ebony and ivory, but demonic in nature. Unless you had a powerful enough ego (and we're talking one monster of an ego) any attempted wielder would be overpowered by Dante's own bravado and forced to taunt, strut, and make jokes constantly during combat.

As far as vergil, there are some fan theories that vergil became the devil bringer and bound himself to nero when he was young. I really can't think of anything more fitting for vergil than a super powerful right hand that allows you to wield yamato

I thought it said that in dmc 4 that Rebellion is the true manifestation of Dante's power. So if Dante died, wouldn't his soul and power be contained in Rebellion for future users? A son or daughter perhaps?

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington

I think it'd be funnier if in order to gain complete control of the supposed Dante guns, the user has to out-smack talk the soul of Dante residing within the guns.

Reactions: Kam

Kam

I thought it said that in dmc 4 that Rebellion is the true manifestation of Dante's power. So if Dante died, wouldn't his soul and power be contained in Rebellion for future users? A son or daughter perhaps?

I don't remember that being said, but I might have missed it. I could swear sparda had rebellion before dante was born, but I've been wrong before.
I think it'd be funnier if in order to gain complete control of the supposed Dante guns, the user has to out-smack talk the soul of Dante residing within the guns.
It's perfect! I like the way you think.

Terrutas

I don't remember that being said, but I might have missed it. I could swear sparda had rebellion before dante was born, but I've been wrong before.

I've read in the wiki that Sparda always used Force Edge and Yamato as his Devil Arms and Luce & Ombra as his firearms. So I don't know where you've read or heard that, since I think people would mention it being heard.

Kam

I've read in the wiki that Sparda always used Force Edge and Yamato as his Devil Arms and Luce & Ombra as his firearms. So I don't know where you've read or heard that, since I think people would mention it being heard.

according to the wiki rebellion was a sword sparda gave to dante. Although since sparda was an incredible badass who broke all kinds of rules involving devil arms, it's actually a possibility that he manifested rebellion out of dante in order to give it to him (the wiki even calls it a physical manifestation of dante's power). There's nothing in the story to suggest that's what actually happened, but it definitely won't be ruled out. Sparda was pretty awesome, after all

Terrutas

according to the wiki rebellion was a sword sparda gave to dante. Although since sparda was an incredible badass who broke all kinds of rules involving devil arms, it's actually a possibility that he manifested rebellion out of dante in order to give it to him (the wiki even calls it a physical manifestation of dante's power). There's nothing in the story to suggest that's what actually happened, but it definitely won't be ruled out. Sparda was pretty awesome, after all

That sounds painful. But probably, I mean in order to create a physical manifestation of something you need it to exist. so I guess.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Nice story =D. Could use a bit of work since Dante hates demons with a passion in DmC more than OG Dante was ever shown to.

My take is that Nevan could be the name of the harp Assiel loved to play before she was killed by the nephilim hunters, when encountering Assiel's spirit, she gives the harp to him to encourage him to keep the Nephilim legacy alive, the harp combined with Dante's powers becomes a silver guitar with angel decals similar to Assiel Statues's feathers.

This is of course if DmC2 does happen )=, and if my idea of Nephilim weapons goes through CAPCOM's mind. )=

What do you guys think?
But he did give Phineas(Can't spell his name), a chance. Dante could have killed him outright when he wasn't able to see anything and yet he still genuinely thanked Phineas after he helped him to achieve his Devil Trigger. I don't entirely believe that Dante see's all of them as bad and that he hates them all.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I'm surprised that no one has yet brought up Alastor, Ifrit, or Force Edge. Here's my thoughts. I dunno exactly how I would reincorporate Alastor or Ifrit.............................yet. But for Force Edge?

Force Edge/Sparda would be a good choice of sword to give Vergil. it's shapeshifting abilities would make it as versatile as DmC Rebellion giving Vergil as many options as Dante but i'm not exactly sure how to introduce it since Rebellion was implied to be Sparda's primary weapon in DmC.

on the subject of dual welding Yamato and Rebellion; would that be in any way similar to DMC3 Vergil's method of using Force Edge and Yamato at the same time ( i don't know if you could call what he did dual welding but he did manage to include both swords in the combo)

i find it odd that both of you didn't notice that i brought up the things that you think it is odd that no one mentioned.

i find it odd that both of you didn't notice that i brought up the things that you think it is odd that no one mentioned.

We all kinda deserved this. :p. Yeah, people tend to just skip to the last pages of threads and sometimes things get overlooked. Anyway, on the topic of weapons, replaying the amazing DMC3, and it's sadly terrible port on PC, I noticed how overpowered and awesome Beowulf. I definitely want something like that, the idea of seeing DmC dante or DmC Vergil doing some roundhouse kicks and what not sounds awesome.

EvilX-81

Force Edge/Sparda.... come to think of it, these would likely have to be handled differently in origin, since Force Edge was all about being a weapon of the legendary dark knight Sparda.

I guess it could still be handled as his legendary weapon of this Sparda too, that's perhaps just really powerful and other demons feared and coveted when it was wielded by Sparda while he and Mundus climbed to the top of the demon and human world, but it seems pointless.

And besides, it's another annoying trait putting the brothers back under Sparda; hunting for his things, being in his shadow of awesomeness...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't mean to be rude, but

1, I found a sexual innuendo during a tense sceen as you asked. You can not argue away that point. I succeeded in my task.

2. Despite your long and quite articulate response, you did miss the point of that scene. It was showing a brief moment of sibling rivalry during a tense scene, and modern siblings do talk in that manner.

3. As for what I bolded, I have done nothing to give you cause to insult me. Please refrain from doing so.

1. You did good job but I also gave you an analysis on the same scene explaining how Shakespeare used the innuendo as a more of a characterization for Juliet as well as to summarize her affection to Romeo and how she embraced death as a comparison to an orgasm (a form of ecstasy) versus Vergil just saying he had a big d!ck for the sake of a crudely timed joke (well for the tone DmC tries to set, it probably would be fine in a less serious story.....DMC). Plus you used R&J I was expecting an example from Hamlet.

2. Are we still talking about Juliet offing herself? Sibling rivalry...where did you mentioned anything about sibling rivalry?

3. Now how did I insulted you? I guess being able to interpret a scene from a rather famous piece of literature by breaking it down, analyzing the parts, and coming to your own conclusion is a negative quality for which one must be insulted......now before you get the idea (like you did last time) I'm talking about you as well. Please refrain from assumptions.

Kam

whoops, sorry about that. I did a quick skim through the previous pages and didn't think I saw it, must have missed you.

EvilX-81

1. You did good job but I also gave you an analysis on the same scene explaining how Shakespeare used the innuendo as a more of a characterization for Juliet as well as to summarize her affection to Romeo and how she embraced death as a comparison to an orgasm (a form of ecstasy) versus Vergil just saying he had a big d!ck for the sake of a crudely timed joke (well for the tone DmC tries to set, it probably would be fine in a less serious story.....DMC). Plus you used R&J I was expecting an example from Hamlet.

I don't see how Vergil making a big d*ck crack was any worst than anything said before anything in that conversation before that last sentence.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't see how Vergil making a big d*ck crack was any worst than anything said before anything in that conversation before that last sentence.

Well Vergil's d!ck joke was just a d!ck joke nothing else nothing more. Unlike the Juliet suicide (inside dirty joke) scene you can't interpret it as anything else nor was it used to any particular effect.

On a side note: Before DmC was released wasn't it mentioned in Vergil's bios that he had fostered parents that were killed and enslaved by demons so he sets out to avenge them.....but I don't recall him mentioning them or mentioning avenging them as one of his goals in the full game.....now did they? I don't remember.

EvilX-81

Well Vergil's d!ck joke was just a d!ck joke nothing else nothing more. Unlike the Juliet suicide (inside dirty joke) scene you can't interpret it as anything else nor was it used to any particular effect.

But the context is that they were having a sibling rivalry moment. If Vergil saying he has a bigger d*ck didn't fit with the scene, so should be their argument altogether, the whole of which was about who was more awesome. How Dante boasting about being stronger and better looking and Vergil saying he's faster and smarter not shake the scene, but Vergil saying "And I got a bigger d*ck" does?

Top Bottom