• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Dante47

I feel Vergil is assisting Dante as the group of "terrorists" trying to take down the demon authority. I don't think he and Dante will realise they siblings. Kat is also apart of the labeled terrorists.

Jane Sweetbee

I feel Vergil is assisting Dante as the group of "terrorists" trying to take down the demon authority. I don't think he and Dante will realise they siblings. Kat is also apart of the labeled terrorists.
i feel so. very good job for Vergil. for the first time, he is more socialized...

Railazel

I am proud to admit that almost everything I've said in this thread has been proven right. The last thing I need confirmed is that Dante is crazy and he's actually destroying everything.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I say, we wait for the game to come out, so we can stop spoiling it for ourselves, now that I've outdone your inferior, obsolete theories. There is only one thing to do
356kah.jpg

It's one of my ten commandments,
"Thou shalt turn obsolete threads into pony threads"

lets rock baby

This is what dante is and always will be
For some reason if Vergil is in the game i just get the feeling that him and Dante may no longer be twins and that Vergil may just be either a full angel or full demon. Also neither Dante or Vergil may know that they have a sibling they just happen to find out one way or the other at a late point in the game.(if vergil is in it)
I have to agree with you on this one. This could happen especially with the way this game is turning out. Anything is possible.

chocolatepanda

I hope Vergil at least gets to keep Yamato...
If he doesnt have Yamato he will at least have a sword that can be used in a similar way. Dante still has all his trademark Rebellion moves so Vergil should still be true to his swordsman style(if he's in the game) but his only real trademark move is his teleporting technique since he had it in the 1st DMC.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I'm still on the Vergil is Virgil from The Divine Comedy...
Still, am I the only one who never gave much of a damn for Vergil?

Dante47

I hope they actually spell Vergil's name as "Virgil". And if Nelo Angelo is in the game, I also hope they'll fix that typo too. It was supposed to be "Nero Angelo".
I'm still on the Vergil is Virgil from The Divine Comedy...
Still, am I the only one who never gave much of a damn for Vergil?

I hope so too, Vergil (Virgil) appears to be helping Dante in this game, that is if he was the voice at the beginning of the Captivate footage. Also, I didn't like Vergil that much either. I hope they make him more interesting. Excuse me, I must now hide from Vergil's Bitch...

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I hope they actually spell Vergil's name as "Virgil". And if Nelo Angelo is in the game, I also hope they'll fix that typo too. It was supposed to be "Nero Angelo".

I hope so too, Vergil (Virgil) appears to be helping Dante in this game, that is if he was the voice at the beginning of the Captivate footage. Also, I didn't like Vergil that much either. I hope they make him more interesting. Excuse me, I must now hide from Vergil's Bitch...
Aw crud...-hides somewhere in the Amazon-

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
HOLY RAMEN NOODLES EVERYBODY! i just thought of a great theory. (at least i think it's great)

okay so i noticed that in the captivate demo part 1 in the very beginning when dante is walking the street with kat dante does not have rebellion. then when dante is pulled into limbo rebellion is magically on dante's back! this holds true again when dante is in limbo then he jumps out of the church window returning to the human world and rebellion vanishes, which got me thinking alot about rebellion.
so rebellion is a devil arm correct? and how are devil arms collected? by killing demons and collecting their reincarnated souls. it has been confirmed that sparda gave rebellion to dante, so what i'm thinking is that sparda killed a strong demon or perhaps a demon/angel hybrid and it's soul was reincarnated into the sword rebellion. now since rebellion is the soul of a demon or demon/angel hybrid it can transform into different forms such as the angel and demon versions of the weapon. i also think that we can only see rebellion when dante summons it, which he only does in limbo.
that is my theory on rebellion, now to further my theory i will talk about how i think yamato came into existence. this part of the theory also explains what i think most of the plot is.
okay so i am guessing that the voice we heard in the captivate demo footage is vergil's. my guess is that in this game vergil is a good guy along with dante, and kat is actually a demon in disguise. this would reference to dmc1's plot where trish appeared human but was actually a demon trying to trick dante. the same goes for kat, she is trying to lure dante deeper and deeper into limbo so he can be trapped or killed. eventually vergil catches onto kat's plan and vergil kills kat thus gaining her demonic soul, thus gaining a devil arm. and that devil arm happens to be yamato! that's my theory anyway. :)

ReRave

smug jerk
HOLY RAMEN NOODLES EVERYBODY! i just thought of a great theory. (at least i think it's great)

okay so i noticed that in the captivate demo part 1 in the very beginning when dante is walking the street with kat dante does not have rebellion. then when dante is pulled into limbo rebellion is magically on dante's back! this holds true again when dante is in limbo then he jumps out of the church window returning to the human world and rebellion vanishes, which got me thinking alot about rebellion.
so rebellion is a devil arm correct? and how are devil arms collected? by killing demons and collecting their reincarnated souls. it has been confirmed that sparda gave rebellion to dante, so what i'm thinking is that sparda killed a strong demon or perhaps a demon/angel hybrid and it's soul was reincarnated into the sword rebellion. now since rebellion is the soul of a demon or demon/angel hybrid it can transform into different forms such as the angel and demon versions of the weapon. i also think that we can only see rebellion when dante summons it, which he only does in limbo.
Wasn't that confirmed somewhere already? That demon weapons don't exist outside Limbo, I mean?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think rebellion could have a feature that allows dante to summon it when he needs it. Plus it shapeshifts so Dante could just turn it into something like a pen when he doesnt need it.

1000 post yay.

Top Bottom