• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Dante47

All this talk on weapons, makes me wonder if there will be fights outside Limbo. Just in "our" world. If Rebellion was a hand-me-down from Sparda, it should have a physical form outside of Limbo. Also, in "The Fight"he has the sword with him on his back BEFORE he was in Limbo.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
All this talk on weapons, makes me wonder if there will be fights outside Limbo. Just in "our" world. If Rebellion was a hand-me-down from Sparda, it should have a physical form outside of Limbo.
that's a really good question, and something i would be very interested in. :) we would actually get to see what the real world is like and that is something i've always wanted to explore in dmc. :)

Railazel

I've already theorized in another thread that Rebellion was sealed in the glowing mark on Dante's back and that it comes out whenever he needs it. It has already been confirmed that Rebellion pops up magically.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I've already theorized in another thread that Rebellion was sealed in the glowing mark on Dante's back and that it comes out whenever he needs it. It has already been confirmed that Rebellion pops up magically.
well i'm pretty sure your theory is spot on because i did rebellion comparison thread of the new rebellion and dante's tattoo and they look exactly the same, so nice work with your theory. :)

Railazel

well i'm pretty sure your theory is spot on because i did rebellion comparison thread of the new rebellion and dante's tattoo and they look exactly the same, so nice work with your theory. :)

Thank you, now all I need is confirmation and, once given so, I shall declare one of two things: either this game is very predictable or I'm very good at predicting stuff.

Jane Sweetbee

All this talk on weapons, makes me wonder if there will be fights outside Limbo. Just in "our" world. If Rebellion was a hand-me-down from Sparda, it should have a physical form outside of Limbo. Also, in "The Fight"he has the sword with him on his back BEFORE he was in Limbo.
i was thinking about it for a while. Bob (media guy in the trailer) said civilians shouldn't be prohibited to possess guns because the public needs to defend themselves from terrorists. I am wondering if Dante would have a gunplay with the police in the real world.:D That's would be extremely funny. Dante use whatever he has to fight against demons in Limbo, but he has to obey rules in human world. This can explain why he was chained up in the first trailer.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
HOLY RAMEN NOODLES EVERYBODY! i just thought of a great theory. (at least i think it's great)

okay so i noticed that in the captivate demo part 1 in the very beginning when dante is walking the street with kat dante does not have rebellion. then when dante is pulled into limbo rebellion is magically on dante's back! this holds true again when dante is in limbo then he jumps out of the church window returning to the human world and rebellion vanishes, which got me thinking alot about rebellion.
so rebellion is a devil arm correct? and how are devil arms collected? by killing demons and collecting their reincarnated souls. it has been confirmed that sparda gave rebellion to dante, so what i'm thinking is that sparda killed a strong demon or perhaps a demon/angel hybrid and it's soul was reincarnated into the sword rebellion. now since rebellion is the soul of a demon or demon/angel hybrid it can transform into different forms such as the angel and demon versions of the weapon. i also think that we can only see rebellion when dante summons it, which he only does in limbo.
that is my theory on rebellion, now to further my theory i will talk about how i think yamato came into existence. this part of the theory also explains what i think most of the plot is.
okay so i am guessing that the voice we heard in the captivate demo footage is vergil's. my guess is that in this game vergil is a good guy along with dante, and kat is actually a demon in disguise. this would reference to dmc1's plot where trish appeared human but was actually a demon trying to trick dante. the same goes for kat, she is trying to lure dante deeper and deeper into limbo so he can be trapped or killed. eventually vergil catches onto kat's plan and vergil kills kat thus gaining her demonic soul, thus gaining a devil arm. and that devil arm happens to be yamato! that's my theory anyway. :)
Maybe Rebellion is really a Keyblade! And every boss drops a keychain! :OOOOOOOO Dante has one hell of a heart, though...

No, I read somewhere that the tattoo on Dante's back actually summons Rebellion. Really. In one of those previews that Gaflima posted I read that.

ReRave

smug jerk
i was thinking about it for a while. Bob (media guy in the trailer) said civilians shouldn't be prohibited to possess guns because the public needs to defend themselves from terrorists. I am wondering if Dante would have a gunplay with the police in the real world.:D That's would be extremely funny. Dante use whatever he has to fight against demons in Limbo, but he has to obey rules in human world. This can explain why he was chained up in the first trailer.
Rebellion doesn't exist in the real world and I haven't seen Ebony and Ivory there either. No gun-fights for Dante in reality, it seems.

Railazel

I haven't seen Ebony and Ivory there either.

Seemingly they do since Dante grabs them from a wire in the Captivate Opening. I doubt they just popped up there.

No, I read somewhere that the tattoo on Dante's back actually summons Rebellion. Really. In one of those previews that Gaflima posted I read that.

So my theory was correct!

I can now state that this game's story is highly predictable.

asurai

So this is my own ramblings here, however I wonder how many enemies/bosses will be in the game. or how many characters in the game that are NPC's will be demons in truth.

I wonder because Bob is most certainly a demon himself. And his last name is what makes me wonder. "Barbas" is the name of a demon that is in the Lesser Key Of Solomon. The Ars Goetia to be exact. For the record, Barbas in that book is a demon who is often represented by a lion, from my understanding. And he is but one of 72 different demons described in that. So that is what I'm mostly wondering about - just how many other references to demons in the Ars Goetia will be in DmC?

ReRave

smug jerk
And he is but one of 72 different demons described in that. So that is what I'm mostly wondering about - just how many other references to demons in the Ars Goetia will be in DmC?
Funny thing about goethic demons is, there should be as many as there are people on the planet, right? Or as many as there are nuances of sin, emotion and desires.
So: Limbo is probably teeming with demons, with the inner demons of each and every one of us to be precise. Not all of them have to be actually corporeal like that hunter-demon, but they might be just wispers in the back of your head.
So, to come back to your question:
I also wonder how many there will be and who they will be.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Funny thing about goethic demons is, there should be as many as there are people on the planet, right? Or as many as there are nuances of sin, emotion and desires.
So: Limbo is probably teeming with demons, with the inner demons of each and every one of us to be precise. Not all of them have to be actually corporeal like that hunter-demon, but they might be just wispers in the back of your head.
So, to come back to your question:
I also wonder how many there will be and who they will be.
So, would you think destroying that demon will eliminate that source from whoever it suppositly came from? Or would they just dissappear and come back later?

ReRave

smug jerk
So, would you think destroying that demon will eliminate that source from whoever it suppositly came from? Or would they just dissappear and come back later?
No, because the demons is US. You can't eradicate them, because as long as there is a single sinful (and let's face it: we all are) being on the planet, a corresponding demon will fester in Limbo.
At least that's my take on the details we've got this far.

(My point of view is highly influenced by the New World of Darkness, as I have mentioned a few times before)

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
Rebellion doesn't exist in the real world and I haven't seen Ebony and Ivory there either. No gun-fights for Dante in reality, it seems.
maybe there will be a gunfights. Remember the picture where Tim Phillips is holding a M4 prop while wearing a mocap suit? maybe thats one of the prop for the gunfight scene . but idk we'll see.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
regarding rebellion its possible i think its less likely that he cant use it in the "real" world and more that he doesnt want to. in the real world his biggest threat seem to be the police. which he can easily avoid. wearing a giant sword draws attention. and while dante will punch a guy in the face for being a dick he wont use his weapons on a human. hence he doesnt use them in the real world

OR maybe his weapons only exist in the demon world....BOOM

Top Bottom