• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
True...I've always thought that cities were all run down and governments don't exsist at all.

moseslmpg

I think the tower looks like angel wings as well. And if you consider the wings of the angel statue in the foreground and all the birds flying, I think they are implying that the tower is angel wings.

Mundus Vivendi Corp. anyone?

Vampi

moseslmpg;277837 said:
I think the tower looks like angel wings as well. And if you consider the wings of the angel statue in the foreground and all the birds flying, I think they are implying that the tower is angel wings.

Mundus Vivendi Corp. anyone?

Ahh! Yes...

Notice the Angel winged statue in the foreground and how the wings are nicely aligned next to the towers which resemble said angel wings

omgbritain.jpg

DMC 4 Berial's stage

MundusVivendi.jpg

VirgilTheart

If it's a reboot, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mundus appears in some shape or form and probably even the main villain. :cool: If it's a prequel (can't NT and Capcom USA make up their minds already? :lol: ), I imagine he might make a cameo appearance, but someone else would act as main villain. ;)

Vampi

You know what is also the interesting thing. In that in the DMC 4 ending when Nero asked Dante "Will I ever see you again?" Dante just walked away and held up a hand indicating "Maybe". So i think Capcom was really trying to phase out Dante. But since Nero was considered a crappy copycat of Dante, then maybe Capcom thought that by totally changing Dante, but looking like a totally completely different person, that fans wouldn't protest much since Capcom says that Dino is the "real" Dante (look at how that backfired).

So i think Capcom wanted to remove white-haired Dante all this time. Not unlike a year ago when the new DmC project started when NT and Capcom started designing the new "Dante". So this was already taking place either immediately after DMC 4 or during DMC 4 production.

VirgilTheart

Vampi;277861 said:
You know what is also the interesting thing. In that in the DMC 4 ending when Nero asked Dante "Will I ever see you again?" Dante just walked away and held up a hand indicating "Maybe". So i think Capcom was really trying to phase out Dante. But since Nero was considered a crappy copycat of Dante, then maybe Capcom thought that by totally changing Dante, but looking like a totally completely different person, that fans wouldn't protest much since Capcom says that Dino is the "real" Dante.

So i think Capcom wanted to remove white-haired Dante all this time. Not unlike a year ago when the new DmC project started when NT and Capcom started designing the new "Dante" (look at how that backfired).

IDK about the bolded. Dante will probably have full white hair by DmC's end, but I could be wrong.

That said, I DO think Capcom has been trying to change the series since they began working on DMC4, like you think. ^_^

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I never thought about it that way...now that you brought it up Vampi, it does make me wonder. It's making my mind go in circles :wacko:

You're pretty much saying DMC 4 was getting everyone ready for the reboot? Reduced playing time as Dante didn't really do anything but p*** fans off.

darkslayer101

Vampi;277853 said:
Ahh! Yes...

Notice the Angel winged statue in the foreground and how the wings are nicely aligned next to the towers which resemble said angel wings

omgbritain.jpg

DMC 4 Berial's stage

MundusVivendi.jpg
dang...that is interestin..
i know that NT can pull a great storyline and cutscenes (after playing HS)...if only dino looked like dante...

Vampi

Not much of a theory but sumthing interesting. Hideaki Itsuno whose the Supervising Director for DmC used to work on the Powerstone series. In it there's a character named Edward Falcon who has a particularly piece of clothing that resembles Dino

950203-fokker1_super.jpg

dantesmoking.jpg

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Sooo true... i noticed the Flag design on his arm but never knew that Hideaki Itsuno already had a character with a flag before... what is that suppose to mean??

Vampi

Dante'sgirl;277981 said:
Sooo true... i noticed the Flag design on his arm but never knew that Hideaki Itsuno already had a character with a flag before... what is that suppose to mean??

Its suppose to mean....

Absolutely nothing. Though Edward does look a bit like original Dante just a lil. But oh well. Its no big deal really, Edward's jacket doesn't even have black in it like Dino's. And Edward's jacket isn't dingy and worn out like Dino's jacket. But i think Dino's jacket serves a more story purpose then Edward's. Besides, Ninja Theory is a British developer so that might be it as well. Ya never know...

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
well, the flag adds a touch of originality in Dino then coz as far as i know no DMC characters worn a jacket with a flag designed on it before...

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Vampi;277861 said:
So i think Capcom was really trying to phase out Dante. But since Nero was considered a crappy copycat of Dante, then maybe Capcom thought that by totally changing Dante, but looking like a totally completely different person, that fans wouldn't protest much since Capcom says that Dino is the "real" Dante (look at how that backfired).

personally i rather liked nero. his controls were more intuitive, and i felt like his abilities (among other things) were a much better fit for the devil may cry series. dante, for all his popularity, just doesn't handle well for a hack 'n' slash protagonist. the whole styles thing, i felt, overcomplicated the gameplay rather than contributed to it. i don't know what they are planning for this newer, younger dante, but i hope that he handles more like nero.

furthermore, it takes some serious detective work to understand the plot to most dmc games so far. someone who just picks up a copy can play from start to finish without knowing ANYTHING of the storyline. with this new dante, they seem to have invested more time into his psyche, and i hope that both he as a character and the storyline feel more evident during gameplay.

addictive gameplay can make you have fun, but an immersive story and badass main character on top of that can add a whole new level of emotional investment. i hope dmc: reboot manages to cross that barrier.

moseslmpg

Dante is fine to control in the other games. The problem is that he was just tacked on in DMC4.

And the story of DMC games is nowhere near as opaque as people like to parrot on and on about. It is quite straightforward, especially in DMC3. I have feeling that NT is just going to have a narrower focus than the real DMC games, which could be good or bad. Hopefully they don't sacrifice epicness for that focus.

Although TBH, I'm not worried so much about the quality of the story, not as much as I worry about its relevance to the series.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
It depends on how they plan to narrow it down, they could go at it from many directions if they plan to point you in one direction.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Silahsor;273928 said:
in trailer they ask him again and again "what is your name"...its a brain-washing method as i know.so i think he'S not dante but some order or goverment whaever you may say, trying to make a copy of dante or something like that

maybe its who ever is left in the order of the sword and plot line could really be moving forward instead of back ward that would be nice even i bet it would confuse alot of people:huh:

DudeinRed

YOu know wat guys ive been thinkn if THIS Dante has a Shapeshifting weapon then that will mean that He wouldnt be needing any New weapons At ALL!
Man! I just wish they dont Remove that from the game because its one of the main reasons Why I play DMC, THe "Show you my awesome new weapon" montage thing.

DMC

Devil May Cry
i think that dante is going to come back after the new game
cause hes really famous.
i think the new dmc is not going to be famous

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Just a thought due to the new trailer and everything.....Maybe Sparda isn't wat we think he is...maybe he isn't a he...maybe IT is an experiment...yes...that's right...just a name of an experiment and the "sons" of sparda are really just the results of the experiments....eva could've been a scientist....and how did her death connect to mundus? who is mundus? answer is simple....she had gotten too close....maybe showed too much compassion/empathy to dante....and mundus (owner of the corporation financing the experiment)had her killed....how is it possible? well we never saw mundus....it could easily have been a helicopter....and trish...that's simple...mundus had eva's DNA and cloned her..everything in the games, therefore, would be results of experiments...and vergil, being the "son" who embraced his fate, remained loyal to the objectives of the experiment.

*bows* thank you...thank you

Top Bottom