• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
WTF is this, this guy isnt dante the young Dante was in DMC3 this is just a peice of crap, campom u did the bigger mistake when u join with Ninja Theory. DMC is my fvrt game and my fvrt Anime too and with tihs all goes down :( ALL OF U AVE TO SEE THIS VIDEO IF U RELLY LOVE DMC:
sorry but this is the way it is-.-

I think you should have read that thread on hating the New DmC.

on topic- popular theory is that lilith's hellspawn would be a rebooted nero or trish.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think you should have read that thread on hating the New DmC.

on topic- popular theory is that lilith's hellspawn would be a rebooted nero or trish.

Yeah I was rooting for Nero but now it needs to be Trish but don't kill her off NT.....don't....

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yeah I was rooting for Nero but now it needs to be Trish but don't kill her off NT.....don't....
Trish is more likely as Nero doesnt really have a role with Dante young now.

Plus three sons of sparda would be redundant as one would be a hodgepodge of other which he already was. So best to leave him for a sequel.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Trish is more likely as Nero doesnt really have a role with Dante young now.

Plus three sons of sparda would be redundant as one would be a hodgepodge of other which he already was. So best to leave him for a sequel.

When was Nero ever a son of Sparda???

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
He's a descendant which makes him one in a vague way.

Nero is like 10+ years younger than Dante and Sparda died before Dante turned 8....so unless if Nero is Sparda's grandson, nephew, great(great, great, great, great....) grandson, or something.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nero is like 10+ years younger than Dante and Sparda died before Dante turned 8....so unless if Nero is Sparda's grandson, nephew, great(great, great, great, great....) grandson, or something.
Hey im just telling you what was established in the game. There is a whole thread devoted to this in the DMC4 section, you might wanna check it out.

Dante47

It sounds like the Legend of Sparda isn't exactly a legend, considering the world is under rule by demons. So I'm guessing Sparda lost.

Also, I heard that The Order is an "ancient" organization. So maybe Sparda (somehow) passed on the organization that he led to fight the demons to Vergil, the only son he could find. Since Dante was kicked in and out of different homes, I'm sure he's hard to find. So maybe The Order is Sparda's group?

Kammosjuttu

It sounds like the Legend of Sparda isn't exactly a legend, considering the world is under rule by demons. So I'm guessing Sparda lost.

Also, I heard that The Order is an "ancient" organization. So maybe Sparda (somehow) passed on the organization that he led to fight the demons to Vergil, the only son he could find. Since Dante was kicked in and out of different homes, I'm sure he's hard to find. So maybe The Order is Sparda's group?

That's an interesting theory. :)

Railazel

I assume that it is the same situation as the Original Sparda's, he won but only did the job half- way. Dante and Vergil have to finish the rest.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, The Order of the Sword was said to have been created by Sparda.

Devil Player

I don't know, I'm not buying that "Order of the Sword" group...Seems to be a plot device to hide Vergil's true intentions...

They have to explain a ton of things in the game...

1) What does Mundus want with Dante? If he wants to kill him, then why not killing him while he was a child? Or even better, does Mundus really want to get Dante?

2) Did Sparda die or not? Who killed him? Who killed Dante's mother?

3) Who did teach Dante to hunt demons? Don't say he suddenly learned how to deal with them.

4) The Lilith's child, what's the point?

5) Why Mundus and Lilith took human forms?

My final theory: The Order of Sword group is ruled by demons, being their way to take human forms. Vergil agreed with Mundus to help him, if he doesn't hurt Dante. Somehow, Vergil wants Dante fighting by his side. At the same time, Vergil is using Dante to destroy all the demons, so Vergil can control the power by himself and alone. Kat is revealed to be a spy sent by Sparda, to protect Dante. They'll show how Kat was present during Dante's childhood, by preventing demons to find him, thanks to some kind of magic trick made by Sparda...As for Vergil, he may turn his back on Dante, seeing how Dante won't accept working by his side, thus leading to their fights in a possible sequel. As for Lilith's child, that's a tough one, BUT I vote for twins. That's right, Lilith is expecting twins, but they'll be evil versions of Dante and Vergil. Mundus and Lilith are trying to mimic Sparda's family. I still don't see the point of Lilith's pregnancy, though.

Well, it's just some food for thought, guys. Sorry for the long post...XD

Railazel

They have to explain a ton of things in the game...

1) What does Mundus want with Dante? If he wants to kill him, then why not killing him while he was a child? Or even better, does Mundus really want to get Dante?

2) Did Sparda die or not? Who killed him? Who killed Dante's mother?

3) Who did teach Dante to hunt demons? Don't say he suddenly learned how to deal with them.

4) The Lilith's child, what's the point?

5) Why Mundus and Lilith took human forms?

1) Mundus probably never paid attention to Dante until now.

2) You have to wait for the game to tell you.

3) Dante taught himself. It's the same as learning how to fight on the streets.

4) For a potential sequel.

5) Why does any demon take human form?

Devil Player

1) Mundus probably never paid attention to Dante until now.

2) You have to wait for the game to tell you.

3) Dante taught himself. It's the same as learning how to fight on the streets.

4) For a potential sequel.

5) Why does any demon take human form?

1) In one of the earlier trailers ( oddly the only one featuring Mundus..), he clearly says "Me, a God vs you a piece of s...". So, it seems Mundus knows a lot about Dante and he obviously should know about the Sparda's relationship, just like Lilith and every demon knew he is Sparda's son...

2) I agree, but it's something that was never explained in the games...

3) It's reasonable, but it's also a easy way out coming from the writers, if that's true. Perhaps Dante could have had a guardian that was killed by demons, when Dante was a teenager. That explains his rage and swearing against demons...

4) If that's true, why showing it in trailers? If it's proven to be true, they shot themselves, lol.

5) That didn't happen in earlier games, though...Not that I remember. So, there should be a reason to demons taking human form...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
1) In one of the earlier trailers ( oddly the only one featuring Mundus..), he clearly says "Me, a God vs you a piece of s...". So, it seems Mundus knows a lot about Dante and he obviously should know about the Sparda's relationship, just like Lilith and every demon knew he is Sparda's son...

2) I agree, but it's something that was never explained in the games...

3) It's reasonable, but it's also a easy way out coming from the writers, if that's true. Perhaps Dante could have had a guardian that was killed by demons, when Dante was a teenager. That explains his rage and swearing against demons...

4) If that's true, why showing it in trailers? If it's proven to be true, they shot themselves, lol.

5) That didn't happen in earlier games, though...Not that I remember. So, there should be a reason to demons taking human form...

1. Mundus thought Dante was dead till now or mundus tried to brainwash Dante to his side but failed.

2. Game might tell you.

3. How did he learn in the old series?

4. Part of Vergil's plan is to steal Lilith's baby and raise it as a weapon against mundus.

5. To blend in with humans as to not raise suspicion and better hunt them.

Devil Player

1. Mundus thought Dante was dead till now or mundus tried to brainwash Dante to his side but failed.

2. Game might tell you.

3. How did he learn in the old series?

4. Part of Vergil's plan is to steal Lilith's baby and raise it as a weapon against mundus.

5. To blend in with humans as to not raise suspicion and better hunt them.

1) Ok, I liked that explanation. However, it's hard to imagine Mundus not knowing Dante was alive. Mundus probably had and has tons of demons working for him. Eventually, he would know the truth. The brainwash explanation isn't reasonable as the first part of your pst, though, lol.

2) I hope so.

3) We're talking about DmC and not earlir games, even though I also asked the same thing during the games release...

4) How do you know that? If it's true, that's amazing.

5) I agree with this one. :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wait wait wait, what is Lilith ? Never hear of it.
Lilith is a character appearing in the San diego comic con footage.
She debuted at the night club scene.

1) Ok, I liked that explanation. However, it's hard to imagine Mundus not knowing Dante was alive. Mundus probably had and has tons of demons working for him. Eventually, he would know the truth. The brainwash explanation isn't reasonable as the first part of your pst, though, lol.

2) I hope so.

3) We're talking about DmC and not earlir games, even though I also asked the same thing during the games release...

4) How do you know that? If it's true, that's amazing.

5) I agree with this one. :)

I think it depends on what mundus is like in the reboot because in the old series mundus delegate tasks that are beneath hm so attacking two 8 year olds and their mom is something for the grunts not him.

i hope its actually discussed in the game.

its just a guess.

Top Bottom