• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC sequel rumor

D

Deleted member 41833

I heard from friends that joji wifi is very uncredible but if a reboot sequel was real, I would be concerned with the community reaction to it.

"Apologies, just learned how to edit my comments this morning"

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Considering the way Capcom's been doing things recently, a DMC2 remake is the more likely possibility.

And the more desirable one as well for me. Aside from finding out who really has the bigger dick, I've got very little interest in a DmC sequel. However, a DMC2 remake would be intriguing to see. You'd basically have to rebuild its mechanics from the ground up. And unlike RE2R and RE3R, you wouldn't have as many complainers comparing the remake to the original. Cause it's pretty damn hard to beat DMC2 in badness, the chances of a remake being worse in any way are quite slim. So in that sense it'd be a safe move but also kinda brave cause knowing the reputation of the game, not many people really care about it in the first place.

D

Deleted member 41833

I too would like to see a DMC 2 remake as there's little risk with how the community would react to it, and truth be told, it would be god damn nice to see people saying something nice about DMC 2 for a change rather than the annoying ****posts I see people making about DMC 2.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Cause it's pretty damn hard to beat DMC2 in badness,
Challenge accepted!

91+Zx7THCpL.jpg

Yaiba-Ninja-Gaiden-Z

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Nhaaaa capcom just god hacked and this hacker steal a lof of file, and between this file there was the original code for devil may cry 2 and also original code of resident evil umbrella chronicles and other old capcom game, no remake at the horizon... Just a bunch of idiots who steal old data from capcom, and also some new one

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
As much as I would kill for a DmC2, it's most likely not the case.
I remember Itsuno once saying he would've liked to go back and do a sequel to DmC but only if Ninja Theory were down with it (which I doubt they are since they're doing their own projects with Hellblade 2 and such)

DMC2 remake would be more likely, but it also wouldn't make sense to make a remake for DMC2 and skip DMC1. They'd have to do a remake to the first game, which is a huge risk considering how classic that game is. The only entry that could really use a remake is DMC2 since 1, 3, and 4 are classics, DmC is in its own little world, and DMC5 just got a special Edition.

They could make a hypothetical remake to DMC2 as a sort of expansion of DMC5 by calling it 'Devil May Cry: Tale of 2 Hunters' where it's the story of DMC2 (all be it, more polished and better written) with the gameplay of DMC5 for both Dante and Lucia. More weapons could be added, missions condensed to maybe five or six missions, and so on.

Vergil95

As much as I would kill for a DmC2, it's most likely not the case.
I remember Itsuno once saying he would've liked to go back and do a sequel to DmC but only if Ninja Theory were down with it (which I doubt they are since they're doing their own projects with Hellblade 2 and such)

DMC2 remake would be more likely, but it also wouldn't make sense to make a remake for DMC2 and skip DMC1. They'd have to do a remake to the first game, which is a huge risk considering how classic that game is. The only entry that could really use a remake is DMC2 since 1, 3, and 4 are classics, DmC is in its own little world, and DMC5 just got a special Edition.

They could make a hypothetical remake to DMC2 as a sort of expansion of DMC5 by calling it 'Devil May Cry: Tale of 2 Hunters' where it's the story of DMC2 (all be it, more polished and better written) with the gameplay of DMC5 for both Dante and Lucia. More weapons could be added, missions condensed to maybe five or six missions, and so on.
And ninja theory is now property of Microsoft so dmc sequel will never be made...

They are making a resident evil 4 remake which is the most risky game to remake due to its legendary status among video games history, so making a dmc1 remake will not be a problem for them, since capcom don't care as long as they make money...
they will kill classic game like they did whit re 3 whit it's rushed remake in order to make money

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
And ninja theory is now property of Microsoft so dmc sequel will never be made...

They are making a resident evil 4 remake which is the most risky game to remake due to its legendary status among video games history, so making a dmc1 remake will not be a problem for them, since capcom don't care as long as they make money...
they will kill classic game like they did whit re 3 whit it's rushed remake in order to make money
Okay I don't understand this "rushed remake" talk with RE3 it looks fine to me.

Vergil95

Okay I don't understand this "rushed remake" talk with RE3 it looks fine to me.
It's an OK game but it's a ****ty rushed remake, they cut 3/4 of the original game in re 3 remake....

You probably never played the original to say the remake wasn't rushed

Last edited:

CobaltBlue

I did hear a rumor (This was before DmC5) that DmC2 was gonna follow Dante as he ventures into Hell to save Sparda. Virgil wanting Sparda's power would try too for his own end and the pair would go against some enemy (I guess a new one) once down there.

It got canned when Microsoft bought NinjaTheory as they wanted DmC2 as an exclusive, and cause Capcom said that only NT would do a DmC2 they opted to do DMC5

White Angel

I did hear a rumor (This was before DmC5) that DmC2 was gonna follow Dante as he ventures into Hell to save Sparda. Virgil wanting Sparda's power would try too for his own end and the pair would go against some enemy (I guess a new one) once down there.

It got canned when Microsoft bought NinjaTheory as they wanted DmC2 as an exclusive, and cause Capcom said that only NT would do a DmC2 they opted to do DMC5
Yes, I too would LOVE a DmC2, but I fear it will never happen...
DmC was such a fresh breath of air in my opinion! Without taking into consideration that it aged waaaaay better than other games released in the same year and previous DMCs in my opinion.

Not only because if it's not NT it will lose its identity (I'm happy that Itsuno-san said "not without NT" even if it seems a way to say "it's not going to happen" in a different way since NT belongs to Microsoft and Microsoft prefers to have exclusive IPs), but also because NT likes to have its indipendence with the IPs. Plus many people who worked at DmC quitted briefly before or after DmC DE, most importantly its Art Director, and since DmC was praised for the level design and the artistic setting even by those who disliked it; if its original art director doesn't come back even just to work only on DmC2 the game will probably lose its visual identity and therefore one of its best feature in my opinion.

Plus I fear they will change the way weapons are managed (or anything in the combat system to make it more similar to the main series for obvious reasons i.e. please long terms fans), which is something I liked the most in DmC because you don't have to stop and equip them.

On the top there is the way people will react... man I hate this aspect of it, it doesn't give space to who enjoyed the game nor to who may enjoy it. I saw a girl on YouTube playing DmC because somebody gifted it to her. She is a fan of the main series, played all the DMCs out there on her channel, and her fans told her to never play DmC because it was a bad game. It happens that somebody gifted it to her and she decided to play it anyway and brought it on YouTube saying "I wasn't going to play DmC because you guys told me it was bad, but I am happy I did because I like it and really enjoyed it and I was going to lose a good game". So... well this says everything.

Lastly, I was reading Sage Mears bio on IMDb and it's written there too that the game won't have a sequel unfortunately... :'(
It's a pity since I remember that after DmC was finished they already had in store the story for DmC2 but we will never know what they planned for the sequel I fear, also because it has been too long since the game was released (8 years) and I believe that the number of sales between DMC4 SE and DmC DE was used from Capcom as a test bench to see in which direction to go and we all know it was DMC5.
(We know Itsuno-san asked to make a DMC5 before leaving Capcom as a sort of "last wish" after DmC was released and wasn't selling as good as they were hoping, so perhaps Capcom thought that it could be a way to see if to green light DMC5 or keep going on with DmC2 based on the sales of DMC4 SE and DmC DE)<- my personal opinion

Top Bottom