• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales 'solid'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah even his laugh at the beginning sounded fake. You know, the sort of laugh you make when you're angry about something but you try to laugh it off.
Bitterness leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Personally, I think he's angry over nothing.
So another insult to people who like the game. What a sad asshole that guy is. It's time like these I really wish there were mods on youtube. But there are so many videos it's impossible.
You never know. Sure, those guys would get lambasted by youtube vids that are against this game -- but at the very least, they tried.

I actually prefer this guy over some of the other fanatics like main event, but that's just choosing the lesser of the two evils, and I don't want to do that.
Youtube needs an army of Judge Dredds.
I could do that, actually, collect different youtube clips, then point out the fallacies in their arguments (all while wearing a mask and hoodie). But, in the end, I'm too lazy. Meh.

You should really consider reading entire posts before replying.

Now, you're just being ****y and rude, your post was still off topic. But you know what I did read your post so maybe you should consider how your posts might be interpreted by the people reading them instead of assuming they haven't read them at all.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Bitterness leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Personally, I think he's angry over nothing.

You never know. Sure, those guys would get lambasted by youtube vids that are against this game, but at the very least, they tried.

I actually prefer this guy over some of the other fanatics like main event, but that's just choosing the lesser of the two evils, and I don't want to do that.

I could do that, actually, collect different youtube clips, then point out the fallacies in their arguments (all while wearing a mask and hoodie). But, in the end, I'm too lazy. Meh.
I could give you Virility, it might boost your energy and improve your-er, well it won't, but you'll feel giggily for while :lol:

But that would be cool. I wish I had more guts to do video stuff like that. But I'm not for the camera. Someone should do that though, like a counteract. And preferably dressed as Judge Dredd. Helmet and everything. :cool:

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Which is why I suggested the "cheaper" look. Sadly, I don't have the helmet... or the clothes... or the anything. :(

I posted this on another thread, but I think it's relevant here; also, I really like the vid itself.

You should probably avoid spamming it. If you want to draw attention to the piece, try opening a thread for it.

EvilX-81

I'm not too fond of the delivery of Classic Game Room, but I do feel that Mark tries strike to that balance.

http://www.youtube.com/user/InecomCompany?feature=watch

I don't know if I ever heard him say a particularly bad thing about a game. I do enjoy his videos though cause from the ones I've watched, it's more like someone just telling you about a game they like rather than trying to do an actual review (where most reviewers tend to go out of their way to disparage a flaw or a bad game).

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I don't know if I ever heard him say a particularly bad thing about a game. I do enjoy his videos though cause from the ones I've watched, it's more like someone just telling you about a game they like rather than trying to do an actual review (where most reviewers tend to go out of their way to disparage a flaw or a bad game).

I think Mark said that he runs with the theory that every game is intended for a certain kind of player with certain tastes, and that he tries to see it from that person's perspective. I find the method laudable, because it means that if his commentary describes the particular kind of game you like, it's easy to see how the subject might appeal to you. He also avoids falling into the tired "angry video reviewer" stereotype that way, but it does mean that you don't exactly get a rounded critique. Try watching his review for AMY, a game most players would describe as legitimately awful.

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
I feel like this thread has gone way off topic. This whole discussion about bias has little to do with cacpcoms comment about solid sales. Does capcom's solid sales mean a sequel for DmC?

No one knows. Capcom is quite unpredictable when it comes to the DMC series. DMC 3 sold the least compared to DMC 2 yet we got DMC 4. DMC 4 sold the most yet we got DmC. DMC is pretty much Capcom's guinea pig at this point.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Meh. I'm in a "don't-care-mode". I only take issue with the attitude that those who are against this game have. Also the way they portray their opinions.

I neither hate nor like Devil May Cry, but I sometimes shake my head at those who state their criticisms against it in the most condescending way.

Yugo12

I just gotta ask, but how is Main Event or EventStatus a fanatic?

Yugo12

I'm not sure. I always saw him more as a realist then a fanatic. *shrugs* yet again, that's just me lol.
Same here. I just watched his first Devil May Cry video and he says in the first 40 seconds that he has nothing against the reboot and he said himself that the DMC story was going nowhere. He just didn't like Tameem's comments. I can see people not liking him because he get's riled up but I think a lot of that is played up because he's a sports guy from Philly. You look at new videos and he has toned down a lot since then.

EvilX-81

Same here. I just watched his first Devil May Cry video and he says in the first 40 seconds that he has nothing against the reboot and he said himself that the DMC story was going nowhere. He just didn't like Tameem's comments. I can see people not liking him because he get's riled up but I think a lot of that is played up because he's a sports guy from Philly. You look at new videos and he has toned down a lot since then.

Meh, that DmC video certainly didn't endear me to him either.

My memory is faded since watching that video, but it felt like to me that after he said that, he basically said everything to contradict it. Like, IIRC, I think he made it clear he bought full-on into the fake DmC ending leaks and that Tameem was lying about it because of the other fake twitter of him threatening legal action (that I think Tameem also decried by then).

Also I'm pretty sure I remember him saying something like, (paraphrased) "now you're trying to **** off God of War fans!" *shows picture of Dante surrounding (in bed?) with abunch of angel women*

...Hardcore reaching there.

Yugo12

It's not really contradicting because the idea of the reboot he doesn't have a problem with, he just has a problem with what Tameem was saying and it went downhill from there. I was the same way before I saw his videos because I also wanted a reboot, just not a reboot like this.

As for the fake endings, he didn't necessarily believe them, but he did believe in the fake tweet and a lot of other people did to until later. None of us are perfect and Event is just some dude like us and admittedly the man has been wrong a good amount of times. But there are many times when he does make really good points and that's why people find him endearing.

Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out why he is thought of as a fanatic because to me he is not. If he were a fanatic he would be making tons of DmC videos but he isn't and the videos he did do were done because of fan request. Currently fans want him to make another one, but honestly I don't think he is feeling it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom