• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales 'solid'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominus

Two-faced Capcom(Cacpcom and Capcom respectively) saying excessive outsourcing is bad and then saying slashing sales forecasts = solid sales. I think they probably are invested in NT by this point and I don't think they'd want to tarnish or look down on that partnership. Plus even if they wanted to make DMC5 internally, most of the DMC team will be working on DD2. I just coudn't see a time in the future where a team could be assembled to make DMC5 (and that's the main reason I thought they outsourced DmC).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ok first of all, the original expectation Capcom had was unreal as I guarantee you not even a hypothetical DMC 5 would have sold that much.

And no one bring up DMC 4 sales. I don't know if people just forgot or something but DMC 4 was NOT well received. It was kind of like Spider-Man 3. People payed money for it but didn't like it. DMC 4 was coming off the success and hype after the great DMC 3 and also it was going to be the first Devil May Cry on a next generation console. It was building a hype train. However a lot of people hated it. Don't even try to argue that.

DmC is not as bad as the fanatical side wants to make it out and deserves a sequel. It's got the foundation to create the best Devil May Cry yet if it was just polished a little more. I don't care who develops it but they shouldn't just toss DmC aside. Working on improving DmC should make everyone happy because if it isn't about cosmetics then just touch up the gameplay so even the most stubborn of fans would shut up about it.

Problem solved and everyone wins. The stubborn fans will get their touch ups where they want it while the ones who are interested in the new direction will get to see it expanded upon. And Dante has white hair at the end with a new lease on life so I expect him to be more like the his earlier incarnation next go round.

See? Everyone's happy. Or they should be. If not then this is just hopeless.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Not to be negative, but "solid sales" or not, the game still sold well below their initial goal.

Its only being called "solid" because its reaching Capcom's new sales projection of 1.15 million.

I believe things really haven't changed much.

The future of DmC2 or a DMC5 or still up in the air at this point.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Are people forgetting that DmC's "projected sales figures" before they cut them were CoD numbers, that no game other than CoD can get, and only because it has "Call of Duty" on it?

And what? Reaching 1.1 million out of a 1.5 million projection is a failure now...?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Are people forgetting that DmC's "projected sales figures" before they cut them were CoD numbers, that no game other than CoD can get, and only because it has "Call of Duty" on it?

And what? Reaching 1.1 million out of a 1.5 million projection is a failure now...?

Where did you hear that it was "COD numbers"?

Care to post a link?

Because last I checked, the initial numbers where 5 million which was still to high for a series like DMC, but still to low for a mega hit like COD.

They where aiming for COD numbers with RE6 however.

They then cut it down to a more reasonable 2 million and that is the number they stuck with up until the release.

And yes, to Capcom selling less than 1 million upon its release in comparison to the 2 million they where confident at is indeed a failure.

So they then lowered it even further to 1.5 million and it STILL did not seem like they would reach it.

And then recently they lowered it to 1.15 million and blamed its supposed 'failure" on "western outsourcing" which has caused a drop in quality.

So Its not that big of a suprise that a company like Capcom would see this as a failure.

From what I myself can gather, its only being called "solid sales" in comparison to the much lower sales projection of 1.15 million that they recently lowered it down to.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
A million is a million and this game will continue to sell, maybe not as solidly, but there will still be profit. We will get a sequel (hopefully capcom will continue with DMC as parallel). This game is great and i feel like a lot of the backlash against it is misguided because of people's initial reaction to when it was first announced. I do not think the negativity towards this is justified. The sales even show it. People like this game, it got terrific reviews and rightly so.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
A million is a million and this game will continue to sell, maybe not as solidly, but there will still be profit. We will get a sequel

Maybe that would work for another gaming company, but sadly I doubt it will for Capcom.

For a company that has such high exectations for their games, having to lower their sales figure 3 times to eventually get to 1.15 million does not bod well

And even then, they STILL did not blame themselves, but western developers
http://www.arabicgamers.com/news/1996/capcom-dmc-will-only-sell-1.15million-units

I don't know, I'm hoping for the best, but with Capcom I can't help but think that the worse is a good possibility.:/

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

A lot of big companies are acting like children kicking their bedroom walls because these unreal numbers aren't getting reached. For example, the new Tomb Raider made a pretty penny and Square is saying it was a failure. It doesn't make any sense. Going full retard there.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
A lot of big companies are acting like children kicking their bedroom walls because these unreal numbers aren't getting reached.

This pretty much sums up Capcom and other gaming companys.^^^

While it may seem like a success to us, to companies like Capcom who are confident they should be able to reach higher numbers will see it has a failure when it does not reach their sales projections.

1 million does sound good, but to Capcom it could sound different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom