• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales so far

D H

Okay, NPD has placed DmC at 187,000 copies sold for both consoles in North America. Media Create has place DmC at 160,000 copies sold in Japan. So that's 347,000 copies that can be confirmed as of right now. Europe has no official sales place, so let's just use VGChartz numbers of around 100,000. That's 447,000 copies first month compared to Devil May Cry 4's 1,320,600 copies sold first month. So DmC: Devil may Cry had an opening 66.2% smaller than Devil May Cry 4's opening.

D H

So people are being %66 more stupid.
Whats your point?
This thread was about DmC sales and whether or not DmC would likely get a sequel based off them. Looking at that, I'd say no. I mean, unless this game has extraordinary legs and actually picks up in sales in the coming months.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
This thread was about DmC sales and whether or not DmC would likely get a sequel based off them. Looking at that, I'd say no. I mean, unless this game has extraordinary legs and actually picks up in sales in the coming months.

With Metal Gear Rising around the corner and the new MULTIPLAYER God of War game coming after it...........I doubt it. The only way the game can get any more sales is if they dropped the price to $30.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
With Metal Gear Rising around the corner and the new MULTIPLAYER God of War game coming after it...........I doubt it. The only way the game can get any more sales is if they dropped the price to $30.
Oh shiz God of War's going multiplayer now? *Shakes head* Yeah it's not lookin' very good for DmC at all.

This year had a rough start but it looks like there's a light at the end if the tunnel after all.

AlchemistFromEden

Okay, NPD has placed DmC at 187,000 copies sold for both consoles in North America. Media Create has place DmC at 160,000 copies sold in Japan. So that's 347,000 copies that can be confirmed as of right now. Europe has no official sales place, so let's just use VGChartz numbers of around 100,000. That's 447,000 copies first month compared to Devil May Cry 4's 1,320,600 copies sold first month. So DmC: Devil may Cry had an opening 66.2% smaller than Devil May Cry 4's opening.
um, vgz charts has the ps3 version global at 0.49 million, while the 360 version is at 0.20 million, so around 700,000 not counting pc sales

Zato-OW

King
Why do people care so much about PC sales? You guys know that about 90% of the people that get this for PC will pirate it... It is pointless to even talk about PC sales unless we are talking about massive online games.

D H

um, vgz charts has the ps3 version global at 0.49 million, while the 360 version is at 0.20 million, so around 700,000 not counting pc sales

They "adjusted" (See: NPD came out with their numbers and VGChartz tries to be as close to them as possible) their numbers recently.

MedicoreR

I dont care about a sequel but i doubt both God of War or Metal Gear would sale crazy.
Personally i think Metal Gear R is boring as f.. *caugh* hell.
And God of War looks like Playstation All-Star with 3d gameplay - it also looks s***

But you know what, people love s**tty games, so lets see what happens.

Dylan20

I dont care about a sequel but i doubt both God of War or Metal Gear would sale crazy.
Personally i think Metal Gear R is boring as f.. *caugh* hell.
And God of War looks like Playstation All-Star with 3d gameplay - it also looks s***

But you know what, people love s**tty games, so lets see what happens.

I believe you mean people have different taste in games.

Hoping DmC steps up in sales.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
*Cough* I'm actually looking forward to MGR. I like Raiden :blink:

But that's a different topic for a different thread sooooooo *walks away nonchalantly*

KIRA

Didn't CAPCOM already informed us that dmc has shipped over 1 million units .... ? For a hack and slash game , i think the sales are pretty good compared to other games of the same genre....especially nowadays when people don't have much money , it's a great achievement...!!! Also it isn't over yet....1 million units were shipped only on January... The pc version and the digital version of the game aren't included....at my point of view, it's a good start.... :)

Didn't CAPCOM already informed us that dmc has shipped over 1 million units .... ? For a hack and slash game , i think the sales are pretty good compared to other games of the same genre....especially nowadays when people don't have much money , it's a great achievement...!!! Also it isn't over yet....1 million units were shipped only on January... The pc version and the digital version of the game aren't included....at my point of view, it's a good start.... :)

Not really, DmC: Devil May Cry is part of an AAA series. Games like that are expected to sell atleast over one million in the first week. It's been over a month now and there's other AAA titles along the way and the way I see it DmC is going to fade into obscurity. I don't like it when my favorite games don't get the love they deserve either, but hey, be optimistic DmC may get a sequel. Mega man wasn't a big hit, but the sequel sure as hell was...but I guess what was a hit back then doesn't really mix with todays standards.

Fingers crossed though.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Yeah, I'm finding it annoying people are constantly worrying about sales were, they were from day one. What are we bankers? @_@

Far as I'm concerned, shipping 1 million units in a month alone is great. And I don't care if DMC4 sold more in that time, I really don't give a damn. I'd rather it was compared to another hack 'n' slash game released at that same time and in the current climatic than that from 5 years ago.

Top Bottom