• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales so far

AlchemistFromEden

Lol I doubt even Chris wouldn't be afraid of having to face hords of new breed hunters with only a freaken pistol.

And as I pointed out earlier, if you don't like the depowering the veteran heroes than how about some new blood?

Chris and Leon could just be moved to strictly a supportive role.

The story doesn't have to be rebooted.

Bioterroism is happening all over the world and not just where Chris and Leon are.
playing as a generic scared guy wouldn't be compelling imo, especially considering that resident evil doesn't have the best plot ever, (although its leagues ahead of games like dead rising and left for dead)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
playing as a generic scared guy wouldn't be compelling imo, especially considering that resident evil doesn't have the best plot ever, (although its leagues ahead of games like dead rising and left for dead)

lol and why would he/she have to be generic?

What makes you automatically come to that conclusion?

This would not be the first time the series has gotten new characters.

Hell, characters like Steve,Billy,and Ark where all new characters that where not "generic" by any means.

No offense, but it seems to me like your just going to shoot anything I say down if its anything short of a reboot.:/

AlchemistFromEden

lol and why would he/she have to be generic?

What makes you automatically come to that conclusion?

This would not be the first time the series has gotten new characters.

Hell, characters like Steve,Billy,and Ark where all new characters that where not "generic" by any means.

No offense, but it seems to me like your just going to shoot anything I say down if its anything short of a reboot.:/
steve?-sensitive guy, hated him with a passion, you knew her for less than a day bro, that's not how love works
billy?tough guy that's a foil for rebecca
who the heck is ark?

Kishido

Hunter
Well we should be realistic... DMC is not Resident Evil and it doesn't look very good... As much as I hope for a DmC2, more than for DMC5, I doubt Capcom is happy with this and who knows... Maybe the franchise will be put on a hold for a long time and for sure I think NT won't be the one doing the next game... Maybe there will be a DmC2 but from Capcom alone or someone else trying to tell the story further...

But to compare it to the game we should compare it... DMC 4

DmC:Devil May Cry.
Game Release dates: JP(Jan 17), NA(Jan 15), AUS(Jan 17), EU(Jan 15)

(PS3)..........Week Ending………Week.......Weekly.........Change
..................19th Jan 2013………...1...........280,135..........N/A
..................26th Jan 2013………...2............71,896.........-74.3%
..................2nd Feb 2013………...3............35,948........-50.0%
……………9th Feb 2013………….4……….19,193…......-46.6%

(Xbox360)... Week Ending………Week........Weekly........Change
...................19th Jan 2013………...1............140,869.........N/A
.................. 26th Jan 2013………...2.............34,490.......-75.5%
...................2nd Feb 2013………...3.............17,581.........-49.0%
…..........……9th Feb 2013…..…….4……….....8,952…….-49.1%

Total global sales after 4 weeks 609,064

Devil May Cry 4
Game Release dates: JP(Jan 31), NA(Feb 5), AUS(Feb 7), EU(Feb 8)

(PS3).......... Week Ending………Week.......Weekly.........Change
....................2nd Feb 2008…………...1...........208,837..........N/A
....................9th Feb 2008…….……...2...........346,763..........66.0%
...................16th Feb 2008…….….....3...........175,874.........-49.3%
…………….23rd Feb 2008…………..4…..…..104,571……..-40.5%

(Xbox360)... Week Ending………Week..............Weekly........Change
...................... 2nd Feb 2008………......1...............42,917..........N/A
...................... 9th Feb 2008…….……...2............376,591.......777.5%
.....................16th Feb 2008…….……...3............182,125........-51.6%
.….………….23rd Feb 2008………..….4….……...99,713…....-45.3%

Total global sales after 4 weeks 1,537,391

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, that uphill battle against a combination of bad PR choices, hatemongering, and the stinging sigma of DMC4's lackluster performance outside of the BP insanity really did not help. I think Capcom may reevaluate a number of things, because it's not the game itself in question...~looks at RE6 and shudders~...it's the media surrounding it before it could get a chance to be judged on its own.

GF9000000Returns

Well we should be realistic... DMC is not Resident Evil and it doesn't look very good... As much as I hope for a DmC2, more than for DMC5, I doubt Capcom is happy with this and who knows... Maybe the franchise will be put on a hold for a long time and for sure I think NT won't be the one doing the next game... Maybe there will be a DmC2 but from Capcom alone or someone else trying to tell the story further...

But to compare it to the game we should compare it... DMC 4

DmC:Devil May Cry.
Game Release dates: JP(Jan 17), NA(Jan 15), AUS(Jan 17), EU(Jan 15)

(PS3)..........Week Ending………Week.......Weekly.........Change
..................19th Jan 2013………...1...........280,135..........N/A
..................26th Jan 2013………...2............71,896.........-74.3%
..................2nd Feb 2013………...3............35,948........-50.0%
……………9th Feb 2013………….4……….19,193…......-46.6%

(Xbox360)... Week Ending………Week........Weekly........Change
...................19th Jan 2013………...1............140,869.........N/A
.................. 26th Jan 2013………...2.............34,490.......-75.5%
...................2nd Feb 2013………...3.............17,581.........-49.0%
…..........……9th Feb 2013…..…….4……….....8,952…….-49.1%

Total global sales after 4 weeks 609,064

Devil May Cry 4
Game Release dates: JP(Jan 31), NA(Feb 5), AUS(Feb 7), EU(Feb 8)

(PS3).......... Week Ending………Week.......Weekly.........Change
....................2nd Feb 2008…………...1...........208,837..........N/A
....................9th Feb 2008…….……...2...........346,763..........66.0%
...................16th Feb 2008…….….....3...........175,874.........-49.3%
…………….23rd Feb 2008…………..4…..…..104,571……..-40.5%

(Xbox360)... Week Ending………Week..............Weekly........Change
...................... 2nd Feb 2008………......1...............42,917..........N/A
...................... 9th Feb 2008…….……...2............376,591.......777.5%
.....................16th Feb 2008…….……...3............182,125........-51.6%
.….………….23rd Feb 2008………..….4….……...99,713…....-45.3%

Total global sales after 4 weeks 1,537,391

Man...that's from VGChartz.

I think we should just wait for Capcom to tell us how the game went at the end of the fiscal year and leave it as that.

Kishido

Hunter
Man...that's from VGChartz.

I think we should just wait for Capcom to tell us how the game went at the end of the fiscal year and leave it as that.

The fiscal year hope are 1,2 million... And is JUST shipped and not sold to actual people... So it still won't come even close to 4

Kishido

Hunter
This is excatly written their

It had hoped to ship two million copies of the action game by the end of its financial year. It now expects to ship 1.2 million copies - 800,000 short of the initial target.

Shipped =/= sold

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
why should we care about the sales when all it should matter is the game satisfying you.

Because some are worried that if Capcom sees this game as a failure than there will not be a DmC2.

Sales does matter a lot to Capcom after all.

And the fact that its selling WAY bellow what they expected surely isn't going to set right with them.

Kishido

Hunter
Yeah and that's the point... I enjoy it, so I do care about sales which are the main trigger for future sequels.

And the sales are outrigh bad... There is nothing positive about it in the slightest. The game bombed... And seriously... Capcom is nothing more than a money making company... And they haven't made much money with this game nor close to what they expected... So we can clearly assume what the most likely scenario is...

The only hope is, they blame NT for it, do the next game on their own (+ or someone else) with THIS story or go back t the old. But even this is a small chance if you look in the past of other franchises which were doing far better but still were put into the coffin by Capcom for a very long time or still till now

That's why I said... Don't be ridicilous to compare it to any RE game. While the 2 latest ones were ****, they still sold much much more than this one... And RE as name alone is a money maker so so they will keep doing it

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
DMC's name normally was a money maker, but the backlash on the half-assed rush job on DMC4(and the anime to an extent) hurt it a lot. RE has had over a dozen games counting spin-offs and remasters plus movies and novels in the US alone to make up the difference; DMC has been stalled on many of those expanded media options, and the movie keeps going into development Limbo as it changes hands and design. you also have to account for what the in-thing is right now in gaming; it's generic first person shooters that just rehash themselves year after year while adding one or two new features to SPICE it up and pretend it's a totally new game.

Kishido

Hunter
DMC name wasn't that much of a money maker as people here around think. DMC 4 was still the most succesful one and still it pales in front of RE.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
DMC name wasn't that much of a money maker as people here around think. DMC 4 was still the most succesful one and still it pales in front of RE.

As much as I LOATHE to admit it, the Paul Anderson "RE" Alice films probably have a lot to do with that, since they took RE and turned it from a survival/horror genre into a Action flick with zombies all about explosions, mary sue invincible heroine, and big guns blowing sh*t up.

Kishido

Hunter
Even before the movies the game sold way more as DMC... Resident Evil 2 for example sold over 5.5 millions!!! but I dunno why even debating about RE if we talk about DmC sales.

Fact is...

Sales are outright bad for DmC and now we have to see what Capcom will do.

1. Blaming NT for it and doing a sequel alone/with someone else
  2. Going back to the original
  3. Ending the franchise/Putting the franchise on a break of a long long time
I'm going with point 3 so far

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Again, one of the other major problems is where the casual gamer's quick fix lies; it's not in complex fighting engines or Hack and slash mayhem; it's the quick and easy fps market were you don't have to develope high twitch factor reflexs to bend the engine over your knee and spank it like your b**ch...it's the easy "I camp out and snipe people" FPS market that they just crank out games because they don't have to do much work to make another one, they just slap a different coat of paint on and send it off. Notice that EA's last major HnS, Dante's Inferno, was set to be a friggin trilogy...and it got dumped to put the money into yet another quick cash in FPS.

Kishido

Hunter
Again, one of the other major problems is where the casual gamer's quick fix lies; it's not in complex fighting engines or Hack and slash mayhem; it's the quick and easy fps market were you don't have to develope high twitch factor reflexs to bend the engine over your knee and spank it like your b**ch...it's the easy "I camp out and snipe people" FPS market that they just crank out games because they don't have to do much work to make another one, they just slap a different coat of paint on and send it off. Notice that EA's last major HnS, Dante's Inferno, was set to be a friggin trilogy...and it got dumped to put the money into yet another quick cash in FPS.

Yeah and EA scrapped it... And Capcom is nothing else

And seriously.. As much as I hate the FPS **** and people buying them like crazy. God of War at one platform is doing way better, games like Lolipop Chainsaw Massacre has done better, Ni No Kuni is doing well and many other games besides FPS.

So just saying. DmC has done bad cuz everyone is buying FPS is just a lie.

GF9000000Returns

Because some are worried that if Capcom sees this game as a failure than there will not be a DmC2.

Sales does matter a lot to Capcom after all.

And the fact that its selling WAY bellow what they expected surely isn't going to set right with them.

I understand that and I want a DmC2 as well, but I say this again:

I rather for the whole DMC franchise to die peacefully than rush one for the money, and that's something that Capcom would do with a DMC5, just use it for an apology and the money.

Am I the only one that doesn't want that? If Capcom's gonna make a DMC5, they better use the time wisely instead of making it as an apology.

Top Bottom