• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales so far

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
The game is doing fine, not amazing, but fine.

CAPCOM will probably take all the feedback and apply it to DmC2, I certainly doubt we go back to the original series...yet

I mean they have a new fanbase, the game was critically acclaimed. They only need to focus on better PR and making people hear them, and not the idiots trying to kill the franchise with their fanboyism

rupok93

Its extremely sad that a piece of **** title like aliens has probably already outsold this game. Funny thing is people are still buying it on steam, its still in top seller even after all those horrendous reviews while dmc went off the top sellers after a few days.

This is how the industry is today, idiots keep buying fps games even if they are terrible so companies keep making them. Other genres are dying out cause of these plague of people who are destroying the industry.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I smell a genre-war incoming... Ah, the smell of burning hatred and tear-soaked opinions. How fun.

In all seriousness, though, I'm very glad the sales of DmC are doing well. Though, the fact that a PoS FPS game surpasses it makes me a bit leery... Do you guys remember back when games were really freakin' hard? Like, Nintendo hard?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Since they wanted it to sell better and to a larger audience than DMC4, it does not seem that this game has sold 'well'. For it to have sold 'well' in the developer's view, it should have shifted more units in the first week of release than DMC4 did in the first week of its release, and for it to have sold what they wanted it should have shifted their initial projection of 5 million (which was a bit optimistic), or reached 1.2 million (which it will eventually). But like Hollywood the games industry sets targets for the first week and month, because they want people buying units at full price, not waiting for bargains or 2nd hand copies or rentals.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I am a gamer. I love Dark Souls I've beaten NG+++. You're a new poster, and obviously a hater. DmC is a good game, it is arguably the best game of the year. If you are comparing DmC to a piece of **** FPS like Colonial Marines you're doing yourself a disservice as a hack and slash fan.

I hate it when people say that kind of thing. Obviously a hater? You might just be the one to ruin this thread. You don't always have to respond if you feel offended. Just ignore it. And he wasn't comparing Colonial Marines to DmC, so... yeah.
Not to defend anyone, but it's a good idea not to take everything personally.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
That's why I said revamped, I remember playing DMC3 a while ago and my thoughts the entire time were:
Me:"So...this is all happening because?"
DMC3: "POWR!!"
Me:"...ok?"

DmC2 is sure to give characters a motivation, hell Vergil's Downfall is being made solely for that purpose, as Vergil is the one character left without a clear motivation for his future actions

DMC3 Vergil wanted power to be able to protect people, as well as himself. This came about due to his failure to save his mother when he was eight, even though DMC1 says Vergil was enslaved by Mundus at the age of eight to become Nero Angelo. Anyway, yeah, their motivations were pretty clear.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
DMC3 Vergil wanted power to be able to protect people, as well as himself. This came about due to his failure to save his mother when he was eight, even though DMC1 says Vergil was enslaved by Mundus at the age of eight to become Nero Angelo. Anyway, yeah, their motivations were pretty clear.
When did Vergil say he wanted more power to protect the people because he couldn't protect his mom? And having Mundus enslave vergil at the age of 8 is the biggest loop hole in the series that people just deal with.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
When did Vergil say he wanted more power to protect the people because he couldn't protect his mom? And having Mundus enslave vergil at the age of 8 is the biggest loop hole in the series that people just deal with.

''Foolishness, Dante. Foolishness. Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.'' Anyway, for me, it's enough to know he was damaged after his mother's death. He seeks to be as demonic as possible. He despises humans for being so weak, thus, the quest to become demonic like his role model, Sparda.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
''Foolishness, Dante. Foolishness. Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.'' Anyway, for me, it's enough to know he was damaged after his mother's death. He seeks to be as demonic as possible. He despises humans for being so weak, thus, the quest to become demonic like his role model, Sparda.
oh yea, i guess i wasn't reading to far into it since Eva is hardly mentioned

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts

To be fair, the "Vergil wanted power to protect people" is purely fan assumption and there's barely anything that really confirms this was his intention. I myself included interpreted that quote of Vergil as more in the lines of "You're too weak, Dante. How do you expect yourself to protect anyone if you can't even protect yourself?", which is just his way of looking down on his brother with disappointment. Vergil simply gave me the impression of being borderline insane and wanting power for the mere sake of it.

But truth is, we'll never find out Vergil's real intentions. The game itself is very vague about him and all suplementary material has done a very poor job at elaborating him. The whole theory of his mother's death playing a huge part on it, while plausible in a way, isn't really explained enough to accept it.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
To be fair, the "Vergil wanted power to protect people" is purely fan assumption and there's barely anything that really confirms this was his intention. I myself included interpreted that quote of Vergil as more in the lines of "You're too weak, Dante. How do you expect yourself to protect anyone if you can't even protect yourself?", which is just his way of looking down on his brother with disappointment. Vergil simply gave me the impression of being borderline insane and wanting power for the mere sake of it.

But truth is, we'll never find out Vergil's real intentions. The game itself is very vague about him and all suplementary material has done a very poor job at elaborating him. The whole theory of his mother's death playing a huge part on it, while plausible in a way, isn't really explained enough to accept it.
And yet some people have the nerve to call DmC's story underveloped and weak, while putting DMC's story as the most amazing thing ever...smh

That is the ONE thing DMC does not have, a story

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

I suppose the whole point was to make it a bit mysterious. To make that line ''foolishness'' etc more up to interpretation than it would be if they just said ''oh yeah, Vergil wants power... just because''.

You could also say it was Vergil's fate to be the opposite of Dante, just like Sparda had two sides to him: the human-like side, and the demonic side. Vergil is Sparda's demonic side, while Dante represents his emotional side. The emotional, human-like side always prevails, which is DMC3's theme as well as DMC4's. It's just that DMC4 focused on the 'love' aspect more. That would indeed make DMC pretty much lack character motivation.

I'm guessing the Japanese don't like finality as much as we do. We always want answers for everything, whereas I often get the sense that a believable story is enough for them.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I like to think that Vergil does have some sort of heart somewhere, just it was hardship that turned it black. I like to think that Dante is such a goof ball in 3 because he's not the type of person to show people how he really feels.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.

I'm not 100% sure of this so this an honest question. Wasn't it explained in the novels why Vergil wanted more power? Like he was angry at himself for being to weak to protect his mother so he searched for power or something like that. Granted, it doesn't help that the info was left out of the game (seriously how many people go out of their way to find the novel?) but I thought it was explained?

Then again, I'm not entirely sure. It's been a while afterall.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'm not 100% sure of this so this an honest question. Wasn't it explained in the novels why Vergil wanted more power? Like he was angry at himself for being to weak to protect his mother so he searched for power or something like that. Granted, it doesn't help that the info was left out of the game (seriously how many people go out of their way to find the novel?) but I thought it was explained?

Maybe. I'm not sure, as I haven't read the novels. Something tells me it might've been explained, though, just like a lot of things were supposedly explained in the DMC4 novel, while the game left nearly all questions unanswered.

What do you think, Mister Z?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon

I don't go out of my way. i believe the game is canon and canon only, even DMC2, regardless of how much Capcom hate it :lol:

Top Bottom