• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales so far

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
I still think this game will never get much user praise, as any good comment about it is rapidly silenced by haters...just look at metacritic.

However, if DmC2 comes over with both types of lock.on and a revamped DMC3 storyline. well it will be my GOTY

I'm tired of the sales equal good game argument. Want to know whats top of the charts right now its ****box hrm I mean Gearbox Software's latest pos game Alien's Colonial Marines. I hate that company and everything they represent. Sad state of affairs when a game like that sells nearly as much if not more than a solid game like DmC.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I still think this game will never get much user praise, as any good comment about it is rapidly silenced by haters...just look at metacritic.

However, if DmC2 comes over with both types of lock.on and a revamped DMC3 storyline. well it will be my GOTY

My problem with Dmc3 is it didnt feel the characters had good motivations, vergil just wanted power but never explained why or what made him want power, its just cause they are siblings is the explination they gave.

Powerstar7

I'm tired of the sales equal good game argument. Want to know whats top of the charts right now its ****box hrm I mean Gearbox Software's latest pos game Alien's Colonial Marines. I hate that company and everything they represent. Sad state of affairs when a game like that sells nearly as much if not more than a solid game like DmC.
Why is that game bad, in your opinion?

Ters

most reviews say that colonial marines is too easy because of overly passive AI and it doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the series

so basically the same complaints people have about dmc

most reviews say that colonial marines is too easy because of overly passive AI and it doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the series

so basically the same complaints people have about dmc

I am a gamer. I love Dark Souls I've beaten NG+++. You're a new poster, and obviously a hater. DmC is a good game, it is arguably the best game of the year. If you are comparing DmC to a piece of **** FPS like Colonial Marines you're doing yourself a disservice as a hack and slash fan.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I am a gamer. I love Dark Souls I've beaten NG+++. You're a new poster, and obviously a hater. DmC is a good game, it is arguably the best game of the year. If you are comparing DmC to a piece of **** FPS like Colonial Marines you're doing yourself a disservice as a hack and slash fan.
Oh ****....this thread is about to go south

Fran0823

My problem with Dmc3 is it didnt feel the characters had good motivations, vergil just wanted power but never explained why or what made him want power, its just cause they are siblings is the explination they gave.
That's why I said revamped, I remember playing DMC3 a while ago and my thoughts the entire time were:
Me:"So...this is all happening because?"
DMC3: "POWR!!"
Me:"...ok?"

DmC2 is sure to give characters a motivation, hell Vergil's Downfall is being made solely for that purpose, as Vergil is the one character left without a clear motivation for his future actions

I'm sorry but yeah I rather this thread be closed before someone has the gall to compare DmC to Alien's Colonial Marines. That's just not going to fly.

Ugh, A Mod should just put a single thread with DmC Sales and just close it for commenting and just update it whenever new information comes out. I can't take the hatorade from some of these people.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
That's why I said revamped, I remember playing DMC3 a while ago and my thoughts the entire time were:
Me:"So...this is all happening because?"
DMC3: "POWR!!"
Me:"...ok?"

DmC2 is sure to give characters a motivation, hell Vergil's Downfall is being made solely for that purpose, as Vergil is the one character left without a clear motivation for his future actions

Yeah i see what you mean lol, i have a feeling vergil im the sequel would be like
Vergil:i need power to stop dante so i can *protect* the humans
That right there is motivation he thinks what he is doing is right, he needs it, probably going so far as to free his father and steal his sword to get that power.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I'm sorry but yeah I rather this thread be closed before someone has the gall to compare DmC to Alien's Colonial Marines. That's just not going to fly.

Ugh, A Mod should just put a single thread with DmC Sales and just close it for commenting and just update it whenever new information comes out. I can't take the hatorade from some of these people.
Lol yeah, but lets wait, when it something starts then we will close it, maybe they will discuss it like gentlemen

Ters

best game of the year in february

pffhhahaha

Fran0823

Yeah i see what you mean lol, i have a feeling vergil im the sequel would be like
Vergil:i need power to stop dante so i can *protect* the humans
That right there is motivation he thinks what he is doing is right, he needs it, probably going so far as to free his father and steal his sword to get that power.
Exactly, the DLC has been said to include a confused Vergil, he's sure his actions were right, but he's devastated by Dante's betrayal, I'm definately going to get flamed for this, but NOTHING in DMC reachs that level of development, even if DmC is not that great of a story

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Exactly, the DLC has been said to include a confused Vergil, he's sure his actions were right, but he's devastated by Dante's betrayal, I'm definately going to get flamed for this, but NOTHING in DMC reachs that level of development, even if DmC is not that great of a story
Yeah, i really like they are going at a comic approach where it opens up to so many possibilities and characters develop instead of the dmc style where they changed personalities(dante) from smart ass to serious to bigger smart ass to mute, and never really developed

Also, for the love of god guys, stop talking about colonial marines

Makes my internal alien fanboy cry tears of acid blood
:p Okay, hey at least you have creative assembly's the people behind the excellent Total War Series Alien's game, if anyone is likely to make a good game out of the franchise, it is a talented developer like Creative Assembly. Imagine a tactical strategy game as deep as a typical total war game using the Aliens Franchise. :)

Top Bottom