• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC might get a next gen remake? "DmC: Devil may Cry Ultimate"

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
One thing to note is Capcom are freaking kings at making remastered versions feel fresh.
Look at Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, it added new content, gave us a new campaign, it gave us the sandbox mode that had been asked for since the first one came out. However, it was still very similar to Dead Rising 2, so to help make it more fair to the Frank West fans, they priced it at $20 on release, the same price an expansion pack with all of the said content added would most likely cost.
Thats definitely the route they need to go here, if it's the same game with added content, $20 dollar retail.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
$20 is cheaper than a PS3/360/PC copy of the game. I'd personally say around $40. Maybe more, since the current price on Steam is 39,99. But I wouldn't say $60.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Has it began to worry anyone else that this might turn out to be a digital only game on the state side?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
A$$holes. They did it with RE4 and Okami, too, I rather impor. Is the PS4 region free, too?

There's no inclination that there is any sort of remastered edition of DmC coming. The initial rumor started because of that digital game+DLC pack.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There's no inclination that there is any sort of remastered edition of DmC coming. The initial rumor started because of that digital game+DLC pack.
Japan will have it. Every remaster game Capcom has made that's only gotten a digital release has gotten a disk release in Japan. RE CV, 4, and the remasters coming up got 'em, Okami got it, and I'm sure DmC will get it.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Just a thought, but if DmC did get the next-gen treatment, I would love it if they could turn the cutscenes in Vergil's Downfall fully CGI. Because contrary to some others, I for one loved the cutscenes in VD and would love them more if I could see more detailed facial expressions. I mean, some of the scenes were pretty tough, like Vergil's conversation with Eva where he tells her that he killed Dante. It would be more moving if it wasn't so cartoon-y.

I mean, I get that they didn't really have time for it due to the 6-month deadline, but a girl can wish.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Just a thought, but if DmC did get the next-gen treatment, I would love it if they could turn the cutscenes in Vergil's Downfall fully CGI. Because contrary to some others, I for one loved the cutscenes in VD and would love them more if I could see more detailed facial expressions. I mean, some of the scenes were pretty tough, like Vergil's conversation with Eva where he tells her that he killed Dante. It would be more moving if it wasn't so cartoon-y.

I mean, I get that they didn't really have time for it due to the 6-month deadline, but a girl can wish.
Vergil killing both Hollow Kat and Hollow Dante in full CG would be grotesque and horrifying...I'd love to see it done.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Vergil killing both Hollow Kat and Hollow Dante in full CG would be grotesque and horrifying...I'd love to see it done.

But imagine this: Vergil's Downfall in which Hollow Dante AND Hollow Kat are actually boss fights. Would've made the DLC a lot more epic, to be honest.

You could fight Dante as 'regular' hollow Dante, whereas Kat could transform into... whatever she was about to become and you defeat that. (And keep Hollow Vergil, that fight was nice too.)

Top Bottom