• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC might get a next gen remake? "DmC: Devil may Cry Ultimate"

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
Hahahaha I like how Arkham's defining trait is that he's bald.

I think at most DmC Mundus is Mundus and Arius, being a businessman and all. Arkham has potential to be someone else entirely, some new villain. His goals are still the same - become a powerful demon, which would work well as a nuisance for Dante.
If DmC2 takes the DMC3 theme, then this is a chance for the reboot series to improve the quality and quantity of boss battles.

And this time we should fight the entire Leviathan.:cool:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
If DmC2 takes the DMC3 theme, then this is a chance for the reboot series to improve the quality and quantity of boss battles.

And this time we should fight the entire Leviathan.:cool:

I was thinking the same thing. Vergil shows back up, Arkham is there to help in their simultaneous quest for moar powurrr, and DmC1 becomes that year prior from "it's been a year since we last met" at the beginning of DMC3.

And a whole Leveiathan fight could be cool. Definitely would put the Ophion to work.

Blue_Rose

I was thinking the same thing. Vergil shows back up, Arkham is there to help in their simultaneous quest for moar powurrr, and DmC1 becomes that year prior from "it's been a year since we last met" at the beginning of DMC3.

And a whole Leveiathan fight could be cool. Definitely would put the Ophion to work.
Evidently the wiki says Vergil becomes "Nero Angelo" after the events of Vergil's Downfall so perhaps a demon form for the Sons of Sparda? And YES! The Ophion would work with Leviathan!

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
So I have no clue as to how Arkham would be designed considering how much DmC Mundus looks similar to Arkham.
I say they should make him more human looking. Start him off looking like normal at the beginning, but as the game progresses he begins to look more and more demonic over time. Subtle things at first, i.e. different colored eyes, slowly receding hair, poor complexion, etc. And finally, at the end of the game he'll look like total sh*t before his full transformation into a demonic creature. Like maybe he's struggling to walk, his skin is peeling, blood shot eyes, and things like that just to add to the "creepy" factor.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Hey guys, did you read Ninja Theory's tweets? No real news, just some folks asking about DmC 2 and being answered "I don't know" and "maybe". I guess I'm just grasping straws here, it's not a no.

Meg

Well you can't expect NT to give away DmC2 on Twitter. Even if a sequel is planned, there won't be an official announcement until they've made some progress on it. And they definitely aren't going to announce the game on Twitter.

Blue_Rose

Where does Lady come into the mix if they tried to replace her with Kat in the previous one?
Trust me, she's no Trish or Lady.

Although I do have an idea on how to incorporate the Nightmare boss in the DmC series. In DmC, Kat keeps on talking about nightmares she had as a child and when Dante finally asks about these in the Virility factory, she quickly avoids the question. In DmC2, maybe Kat has these nightmares again and Dante can go into her nightmare and try to stop it. At the end of the sequence he fights the physical manifestation of Kat's nightmares, the Nightmare boss

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Trust me, she's no Trish or Lady.

Although I do have an idea on how to incorporate the Nightmare boss in the DmC series. In DmC, Kat keeps on talking about nightmares she had as a child and when Dante finally asks about these in the Virility factory, she quickly avoids the question. In DmC2, maybe Kat has these nightmares again and Dante can go into her nightmare and try to stop it. At the end of the sequence he fights the physical manifestation of Kat's nightmares, the Nightmare boss

Well, as interesting an idea as that is, Kat's saying "nightmares" was a euphemism for the abuse she suffered because of her step-father.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Well, as interesting an idea as that is, Kat's saying "nightmares" was a euphemism for the abuse she suffered because of her step-father.

I have always wondered about that too.

What if her father was a powerful demon in Limbo? Maybe she suffered from the abuse in real life, but she wasn't very safe in Limbo either. She said that Vergil found her and rescued her, I kinda hoped that was a playable Vergil mission. But of course in the end, it would not be Vergil, but Kat who killed him.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I have always wondered about that too.

What if her father was a powerful demon in Limbo? Maybe she suffered from the abuse in real life, but she wasn't very safe in Limbo either. She said that Vergil found her and rescued her, I kinda hoped that was a playable Vergil mission. But of course in the end, it would not be Vergil, but Kat who killed him.

It seems as though he was a low-level demon with a skin suit. I mean, he got killed by Kat, so how tough could he have been. Although the thought of her using her glyphs to subdue him so she could deal the final blow seems like a cool idea :p (scribbles that idea down for later).

As it stands, Kat used Limbo to escape the bodily harm in the real world. She just ended up as a ghost fluttering around Limbo. Vergil saved her from her abusive home life and took her in at the Order, teaching her the occult.

I still love that Dante mouths "are you kidding me?" when Kat says she used to go to Limbo to escape her nightmares. Limbo is bad, but not as bad as what happened at home, and Dante is all O_______________________o

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i find kat to be a way more interesting character then anyone else in DmC i would of liked the game more if it was about her

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
I think DmC would look fantastic on the PS4/Xbox One. But in order to make it at least a bit succesful, they need to add some new stuff. People will otherwise not be inclined to pay $60 for something they've already played (people that aren't me, that is). So besides better hair animations (lol), I would love it if they add least added Vergil Bloody Place mode and a Photo Mode much like in inFamous Second Son. That would give the players hours of more fun time, in my opinion. I know it'll be difficult for them to create new missions, unless NT recent secretive behavior has something to do with them doing that exact same thing. (Though I doubt that, Tim Phillipps has been busy with his new TV gig.) Ah, the possibilities! I sure hope this is all true.
I like the way you think my friend! :thumbsup:
To add to that, I think it would be awesome if this is true especially if the did some story and level touching up (George Lucas and the original trilogy style) so things make a bit more sense.
I would love to get a well done extended Mundus boss battle. This way we get to fight him in his human form. Extra cut scenes or back story shorts explaining why we got a friggin angel weapon from Barbas. More characters from the order that could be used to build this new DmC's universe. An animated short film showing what really went down at PARADISE and what happened to Dante between there where the game picked up. Most of all, they just need to make the story more coherent. Plus all the DLC **** from last time, make it free. Also make an awesome idle start screen trailer. I waited for one and there was none. ****ed me off!

Top Bottom