• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC General Compression:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
I searched YouTube and can't anything but I find a DmC comparison with 5 (both have their place) so please don't be offend I tried my best to find the best comparison so here we go(any criticism that not harm forum or both games is acceptable):

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
The fact that anyone still has to disclaim anything for mentioning the reboot in any positive way, as if having a compliment about DmC is some sort of hate crime against classic DMC and its fans (meanwhile Itsuno's "Ninja Theory is style incarnate [...] What they did with DmC is real style" comments go "politely ignored") should really make people evaluate the state of fandom, but hey, when have hardcore stans ever had self-awareness, am I right?

Anyway, I'll be on the lookout for DmC moveset comparison vids out in the internet. Seeing all these Controversial Takes™ has me all distracted and tempted to put up The Hard Truth About DMC5.

Dio Brando

the combos are a bit lackluster but so were they in dmc 1 in my point of veiw. but i have to admit the way the made the scythe was perfection i have nothing bad to say about the scythe the way you can chain it with any weapon if i had to say something bad about it. it is that prop was taken right out of dmc3 and 4 and 5. but they way you can chain combos. but your actully using rebellion the whole game it just looks like a scythe or a axe or a ninja star. ( i know whats its called i just cant spell it ) and you have to hold the button dow to keep it in its other form even though that makes it eaiser to access other weapons sure. but its annoying. DmC did its job it brought new blood into the dmc communtiy but thats all. its a bit odd. i bought it because i was interested on how there were going to do it. its like filler in a good anime, you could watch (or in this case play) it as mindless entertaiment but you know it wont matter later.

Dio Brando

i have alot of respect for the people in this thread. i have actully got to see other peoples points without people getting offended

Dio Brando

DmC is a better than DMC 4 and 5, That much is for certain.
........................................................................................................................................i mean its art and art is subjective so you cant be wrong. i respect your opinion but ima have to disagree i i liked dmc4 and 5 way more than DmC. i also liked 3 Way more than 4. wait wich did you play first dmc 3 or the reboot. if you say the reboot i would understand. if you say dmc3 i will be dumbstruck.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
........................................................................................................................................i mean its art and art is subjective so you cant be wrong. i respect your opinion but ima have to disagree i i liked dmc4 and 5 way more than DmC. i also liked 3 Way more than 4. wait wich did you play first dmc 3 or the reboot. if you say the reboot i would understand. if you say dmc3 i will be dumbstruck.
Here, you dropped this!

581192.jpg

Jack500

i respect your opinion
Uh huh
I played through DMC 1 and vanilla DMC 3, back when they first came out.
I played part of DMC 4, and gave up on it because it was a broken mess
I played through DMC 5, and was not impressed

So Yeah DmC is better than 4 and 5

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Honestly, I've read enough on this.

@jamiesghost
All of what you just said is irrelevant, not germane to the topic at hand, and to top it off, badly spelled.
There was no point to you coming in saying you "respect people's opinions" when this is what you come up with in response to someone saying they liked DmC better than 4 or 5, and trying to invalidate that by assuming that person started off with the reboot first to justify why they hold that opinion.

In other words, you sound pretty damn offended someone put down your favorite game.
So you can keep being dumbstruck, just remove the "struck" out of it to be a little more honest.
This is a thread comparing characters' movesets. No one cares if you like the particular game or not. Stop trying to start a problem where there isn't one.

Dio Brando

Honestly, I've read enough on this.

@jamiesghost
All of what you just said is irrelevant, not germane to the topic at hand, and to top it off, badly spelled.
There was no point to you coming in saying you "respect people's opinions" when this is what you come up with in response to someone saying they liked DmC better than 4 or 5, and trying to invalidate that by assuming that person started off with the reboot first to justify why they hold that opinion.

In other words, you sound pretty damn offended someone put down your favorite game.
So you can keep being dumbstruck, just remove the "struck" out of it to be a little more honest.
This is a thread comparing characters' movesets. No one cares if you like the particular game or not. Stop trying to start a problem where there isn't one.
its normaly that nostalgia gets in the way of people trying the reboot they just assume its bad because its different. and dmc isnt even my faverite franchise i am more of a god of war fan i just play dmc as well

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Here a reasonable answer to all of your problems: OK you're God of War fan and play DMC as hobby and I don't know what other games you play as hobby beside God of War series (correct me if I'm wrong) but please please give us space we welcome all kind of people but please give us respect and this a simple post to compare all DMC with each other and no one has problem with DmC other then people who create problem for themselves so relax and enjoy the chatting with us without no problem instead create big problems for yourself.
I tell you because I don't want lock this post by staff so please don't let this happen so be polite.

Last edited:

Dio Brando

Here a reasonable answer to all of your problems: OK you're God of War fan and play DMC as hobby and I don't know what other games you play as hobby beside God of War series (correct me if I'm wrong) but please please give us space we welcome all kind of people but please give us respect and this a simple post to compare all DMC with each other and no one has problem with DmC other then people who create problem for themselves so relax and enjoy the chatting with us without no problem instead create big for yourself.
I tell you because I don't want lock this post by staff so please don't let this happen so be polite.
ok

berto

I Saw the Devil
Children, STAY ON TOPIC.
That being a comparison of combos between games.
If you would like to talk about your opinions on each title you can make a seperate thread about and I promise you, if people start to try to turn into a thread about comparing the combo systems I will make sure it stays on track.

Dio Brando

this is a honest to god question, if the world in DmC seems more advanced. and that dante is younger. and the secret ending of dmc 5 had DmC dante in it. couldnt that DmC take place with a diffrent dante shortly after dmc 4 but before dmc5. that way they could integrate him into the dmc timeline.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Here is an interesting DmC comparison video enjoy (my discovery power make you amaz ( Eagle Vision: Assassin's Creed reference)):
I posted GB's vid two years ago.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
I posted GB's vid two years ago.

Thank you for providing the video original post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom