• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC DLC

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Considering Capcom has no shame and wants money by any means necessary do you believe there will be a disc locked DLC in DmC?

For example imagine Vergil DLC is already on DISC but you have to buy a later edition of DmC to unlock it. Similar scenario like Tekken x SF.

And if it won´t be the case, will you buy DmC now or later when a Vergil DLC is released?

Anyhow if anyone on forum have great knowledge of how to find hidden stuff on a disc i would love to hear how it goes when you do a search for DLC on the disc. :)

Nelo_Vergil

I don't think they'll do it. Even considering Capcom's record, Ninja Theory already is getting too much crap for just being hired to do this reboot for Capcom, imagine the ****storm if it has actually less content than previous games.

the thing is the dmc already has more content then the others. But disc locking a character who's purpose is purely for gameplay, which means there's nothing that actually contributes to the story. Isn't anything special. Now should he/she ->contribute<- to the story it might **** some people off but that's just fanboys, so long as it's worth it put a sock in it.

Now to what i DON'T want to see. Should they lock x character and that character has a chunk of side story that wasn't explained in game then people will really get ****ed. DLC is a sensitive matter and if your working for cooperation we all know we'd do something similar. If theres DLC for DmC it needs to be either good and worthwhile if its disc locked or not included period.

edit: dont want to soud like im ranting just wanted to give my input on the issue.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
lets put it this way, Capcom does not to give people any more reason not to buy this game.

Even if there is DLC, just let NT be the ones to tell us. They have a better track record with Dlc than capcom.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Again, I HIGHLY doubt NT has any say over whether or not there's on-disc DLC or any DLC at all.
That's all Capcom's thing.

And they had better be careful with this game if they want to avoid ****ing fans off even more.

McdD

I predict Vergil DLC coming few months after DmC release. Capcom has no shame.

Azurel

I wouldn't get the DLC unless it was something important. I don't like it, and I don't think any of it (Disc Locked Content or Downloadable Content) should exist. I don't believe in expansion packs, either. Whatever ideas a company may have could just as well be installed in the sequel.

McdD

I wouldn't get the DLC unless it was something important. I don't like it, and I don't think any of it (Disc Locked Content or Downloadable Content) should exist. I don't believe in expansion packs, either. Whatever ideas a company may have could just as well be installed in the sequel.
Many people have said they would buy DmC if Vergil was in it. Anyhow i also agree DLC in any form should´t exist. However, i find expansion packs fine.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Thats what is called the "keys to the handcuffs"
It happened before.....(damn you viva pinata)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Again, I HIGHLY doubt NT has any say over whether or not there's on-disc DLC or any DLC at all.
That's all Capcom's thing.

And they had better be careful with this game if they want to avoid ******* fans off even more.

I just meant in the sense of breaking the news.

on topic- i rather have vergil on disc than dlc.

AngelMode

I just meant in the sense of breaking the news.

on topic- i rather have vergil on disc than dlc.

In that case I would rather have no DLC and everything on the disk, Virgil or not.

And here I am hoping this is true. DMC4 had little to no major DLCs that were part of the game itself anyway, that's the way I want it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm more interested in a inventive use of dlc rather than capcom usual form of dickerey.

If you give me a dlc that could be a teaser to the next game or a one off mission like Infamous 2, festival of blood, i would prefer that than just charging me for what should be on the disk.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
If it's gonna have a PC version,i can just torrent the DLC
images

Gbraga

I think that a pretty good DLC would be a costume where Dante keeps his DT attire (red coat and white hair) the whole time, and when you activate Devil Trigger you go into a demonic form, like in previous games, it would be pretty cool, and they could make some money on people that are still bitching about his looks.

Top Bottom