• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC DLC

Dante47

If downloadable content is in DmC, I'm positive it was Capcom. Microsoft did a similar thing to Bungie, except vice versa. Halo 3: ODST was supposed to be a twenty dollar expansion pack. But Microsoft forced them to make it a sixty dollar full game.
But it didn't say they would be on the game from the get go and Capcom has pulled some real F'ed up things with DLC lately.

Don't even remind me of Asura's Wrath... :mad:

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
But then you should be smart enough to say "Hey, I'm not gonna fall for that" and then don't buy it. But it is not up to you to tell other people they shouldn't use their money on stuff like that. That's up to each individual. If people want to support the game companies by buying their early disc-locked DLC, then that's up to them. It is none of your business what other people spend their money on, but it is all up to you what you spend your money on.
How do you know i am not smart enough and always go into the same DLC trap all the time ? >Sarcasm| i\ve not bought a single DLC because DLC is probably a content that is part of the full game but the companies are chosing not to include it so that they can profit more.
And as far as i can recall i haven\t told Mr 788 to not buy DLCs.

I am just expressing my opinion and hope that 788 understands me. Perhaps 788 takes my thoughts to his heart and one day we will see a DLC free gaming industry.

I have to admit though i don\t mind expansion packs because its huge content. I am a bit skeptical of them though.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
just to clarify i DONT hate dlc, i just hate what companies do with it. they charge you for small things that they only with held from the game to make and extra £1.50. or they over charge you for such retarted things like skins. i have infact bought DLC but only when i felt it was worth it. best example. infamous 2 blood festival. i LOVED infamous 2 which *spoilers* was awesome. three months later i found they were working on dlc which was an eintire new story line that was cannon. it was new powers, areas and missions for next to nothing. this i approve. a company still adding substance to a game after release is something i applaud and wish more would do.

Dante47

Fable 3 is a good example of bad DLC. I had to pay 50 Microsoft points for black dye. FOR BLACK ****ING DYE!!!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
DLC is fine. If you don't want it dont buy it. Like chocolateghost said, and like Prototype 2 was, once you pre-ordered the game, you get tons of new content that you wouldn't get if you just waited to see reviews or just wanted to buy it used. Also Radical is releasing new content every week, which i think part of the reason is to keep the game in peoples hands and not having them return it once they've finished it.
I paid 5 dollars for some bonus content the other day, but i've played Prototype 2 everyday since its come out so i have no real bad feelings for buying it. Actually it was free because i've been collecting points on my Gamestop card and had enough points for a 20 dollar psn card. And Radical is still releasing bonus missions for the next 3 weeks i think. So yea, not all DLC is bad

McdD

just to clarify i DONT hate dlc, i just hate what companies do with it. they charge you for small things that they only with held from the game to make and extra £1.50. or they over charge you for such retarted things like skins. i have infact bought DLC but only when i felt it was worth it. best example. infamous 2 blood festival. i LOVED infamous 2 which *spoilers* was awesome. three months later i found they were working on dlc which was an eintire new story line that was cannon. it was new powers, areas and missions for next to nothing. this i approve. a company still adding substance to a game after release is something i applaud and wish more would do.
How do you know if the expansion pack for Infamous 2 called Blood festival was actually a expansion pack or not?
I think if a company can easily add substance where story being most important then it seems like they have witheld the content. Especially early as 3 months after games release.

But i will ask you again, how do you know if the expansion pack is really expansion pack or part of the full game? Do you know?

788Masri

DLC is fine. If you don't want it dont buy it. Like chocolateghost said, and like Prototype 2 was, once you pre-ordered the game, you get tons of new content that you wouldn't get if you just waited to see reviews or just wanted to buy it used. Also Radical is releasing new content every week, which i think part of the reason is to keep the game in peoples hands and not having them return it once they've finished it.
I paid 5 dollars for some bonus content the other day, but i've played Prototype 2 everyday since its come out so i have no real bad feelings for buying it. Actually it was free because i've been collecting points on my Gamestop card and had enough points for a 20 dollar psn card. And Radical is still releasing bonus missions for the next 3 weeks i think. So yea, not all DLC is bad

my point exactly dlc can be a really good thing, but when a company puts stuff that isnt woth anything such as skins, charcters etc thats when i think its not worth buying. i just want a reason to get the dlc rather than "its dlc buy it"

788Masri

How do you know if the expansion pack for Infamous 2 called Blood festival was actually a expansion pack or not?
I think if a company can easily add substance where story being most important then it seems like they have witheld the content. Especially early as 3 months after games release.

But i will ask you again, how do you know if the expansion pack is really expansion pack or part of the full game? Do you know?

simple btw this contains some spoilers

normal story line. a monster called the beast is travelling across the east coast killing millions a day. your job is to get strong enough to kill it b4 it reaches you. takes place over about 2 weeks

blood festival story line. the town your in has a festival called guess what the blood festival. its to scare away the ghost of an evil witch who died 400 something years ago. during it your attacked by a vampire. you pwn the bitch and try and save a woman from another vampire but it was a trap. she was actually the original vampire and has been awakened by "deus ex machina" ritual by some people in a desperate attempt to protect them selves for when the beast comes. she turns you into a vampire and you need to kill her b4 the 3 day festival is over, find a cure and try not to eat people (tho u can if u want :devil:)
in the end you win and carry on as tho nothing happened but not.

the two stories are completely seperate yet can be inserted into eachother. too different to be part of the original game.

McdD

simple btw this contains some spoilers

normal story line. a monster called the beast is travelling across the east coast killing millions a day. your job is to get strong enough to kill it b4 it reaches you. takes place over about 2 weeks

blood festival story line. the town your in has a festival called guess what the blood festival. its to scare away the ghost of an evil witch who died 400 something years ago. during it your attacked by a vampire. you pwn the bitch and try and save a woman from another vampire but it was a trap. she was actually the original vampire and has been awakened by "deus ex machina" ritual by some people in a desperate attempt to protect them selves for when the beast comes. she turns you into a vampire and you need to kill her b4 the 3 day festival is over, find a cure and try not to eat people (tho u can if u want :devil:)
in the end you win and carry on as tho nothing happened but not.

the two stories are completely seperate yet can be inserted into eachother. too different to be part of the original game.
That is a good point, the story being pretty different. But gameplay is what makes games. And with that i am saying its easier to make a story, but takes more work to make more gameplay content. Also i have played Infamous. I got it for 'free' because of PSN being hacked, but after a periode i found out i couldn't play the game because i had to renew license. So much for 'free'.

it\s however not easy to make a excellent story, but in three months period after game release its easy to make a half decent one. And perhaps the developers of Infamous 2 had already made the gameplay for the Blood Festival but withheld it for three months after so they could make a story to tie the gameplay to.

And i don\t have to like DLC or buy em. But thing is DLC are becoming a trend just like rebooting. And one can only imagine what are really good intended DLCs and what are content thats from full game that they have decided not to include because they want to release it as a 'DLC'.

Certain DLCs or Expansions packs are probably worth it. But DLCs or Expansion packs that are released very early on is nothing to praise.

788Masri

it\s however not easy to make a excellent story, but in three months period after game release its easy to make a half decent one. And perhaps the developers of Infamous 2 had already made the gameplay for the Blood Festival but withheld it for three months after so they could make a story to tie the gameplay to.

And i don\t have to like DLC or buy em. But thing is DLC are becoming a trend just like rebooting. And one can only imagine what are really good intended DLCs and what are content thats from full game that they have decided not to include because they want to release it as a 'DLC'.

well i dont mind if they did, they werent being dishonest 3 months after initial release they said they were working on it. two months later it came out. if theyd finished it b4 hand i dont mind. it was fun to play, it maintained core elements on the game while makin references to how "crow bar'd" in it was. either way they took it seriously and did well. and if they respect dmc and any dlc it has in the same way then im all for it. but again if they try to whore themselves out 3 days after the release they can go **** themselves with a splintered mop

buut i respect your opinon and wont demean you for not thinking about dlc the same way i do

McdD

well i dont mind if they did, they werent being dishonest 3 months after initial release they said they were working on it. two months later it came out. if theyd finished it b4 hand i dont mind. it was fun to play, it maintained core elements on the game while makin references to how "crow bar'd" in it was. either way they took it seriously and did well. and if they respect dmc and any dlc it has in the same way then im all for it. but again if they try to whore themselves out 3 days after the release they can go **** themselves with a splintered mop
So it took 5 months after Infamous 2 release for Blood festival? Well that is a bit better.
I don't sense any money greedy vibes from Blood festival DLC. So with that i guess i approve?

However, Capcom...is another story lol.
They are so greedy i can sense their sales moves.

Oh and by the way Infamous is a fun game. It's weird Rockstar didn't make the game because it seems so similar to their games gameplay wise. Rockstar made Red Dead Redemption, a game i didn't get War horse or Golden gun because i bought a the game a bit late, and that game is a western version of GTA.
So Infamous feels like a sci fi version of GTA.

I don't approve of few months DLC or less. 5 Months seems ok as long as the DLC seems very different from main game.

788Masri

oh and this has nothing to do with anything but its how we shud act on this forum
398977_436833656346324_224773260885699_1586028_193893100_n.jpg

788Masri

So it took 5 months after Infamous 2 release for Blood festival? Well that is a bit better.
I don't sense any money greedy vibes from Blood festival DLC. So with that i guess i approve?

However, Capcom...is another story lol.
They are so greedy i can sense their sales moves.

dont get me started on capcom. i have alot of pent up rage against them. but i always try and give them the benfit of the doubt. we share an abusive relationship. they always hurt me but i just keep coming back expecting them to change but getting hurt more.

McdD

dont get me started on capcom. i have alot of pent up rage against them. but i always try and give them the benfit of the doubt. we share an abusive relationship. they always hurt me but i just keep coming back expecting them to change but getting hurt more.
Your have as weak willpower as i do in certain areas. But when it comes to games, i am hard as a rock.
I have decided to not buy Capcom games not to long ago.
Not cool to support those kind of developers.
I don't care if the game they create is the best game in world, i won't give them money.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
i dont necessarily mind that as much, sure it ****es me off but i still get that satisfying feeling of just asking my m8s, but can you get plat without the cheats and then proceed to awe them with my mad skillz.

buuuut what DOES GET ME ****ED OFF IS WHEN CAPCOM SAYS WE PAY FOR DLC ALREADY ON THE ******* DISK, THOSE COCK MUNCHING BASTARDS ARE JUST TRYING TO GET MORE MONEY OUT OF US. THE POINT OF DLC IS THAT ITS DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. WHAT KIND OF STUNT ARE THEY TRYING TO PULL.

So, yh its a shame you dont wanna but the game. but if the game turns out to be good will you but it for ol pinkie pies sake??
sad_pinkie_pie__c_by_mlpwallpapermaker-d4qdzxj.png
I'll buy it used just so me and Pinkie can say "IN YOUR FACE" to capcom

Top Bottom