• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry vs. Devil May Cry... (keep it civil, or else).

Classic Dante v. Rebooted Dante (The Old and the New)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think it's cute. I could have gone for this,
6_zps6cb7af7f.png

but I figured 'the one true Dante' would be more appropriate.:p

That one is slightly better. But I think it's a problem that they design faces to look good in a certain way, like with a stoic face, but then once they make it do other stuff, it can morph into something slightly unsettling...like a dog walking on its hind legs like a human *shudder*

No, I didn't play the game at all for myself. Nope. I went straight to youtube, watched a few videos, and literally pulled every last thing I just said out of my ass. That's exactly what happened. Every last logical, reasonable argument that I've managed to get you all to respond to was just a bunch of nothing.

And yet somehow, someway, the experience-free opinion that I've shared with the core/majority of fans managed to cause them enough grief, without any of them playing the game for themselves even, to spread like wildfire and make the game sell less than previous versions.

You guys found me out, might as well just delete my posts and call it a day.

A simple Yes or No would suffice dude.

The big problem is that an unwillingness to even try the game for yourself makes you lose a large amount of credibility, because a majority of the things you say are simply parroted thoughts from others, instead of your own thoughts. You can't possibly know exactly how a game controls just by watching it and being told, no matter how in-depth. It's the same reason why games can look easy to handle when watching gameplay, but can feel completely different when you yourself play the game.

Once again - you also did not ever give any succinct criticism about the game, only parroting blanket statements about the game not being good, or not selling well. You've never actually given any criticism that could actually be considered listening to.

Unless you really are just a gigantic troll, then...uh...enjoy your victory for making us talk about a game we like...?
vu7.gif

GodhandZawarudo

Well then. If you've played the game. Give some valid criticisms of it that don't involve sales numbers. Because you're not making a compelling case for Us "None majority fans" to see your side of things.
I don't really need to convince you or people who also prefer DmC over Classic DMC of anything. In the end everything posted here is an opinion. However, there's majority opinion and minority opinion. I just wanted to point out that if Capcom continues to disregard the majority in pursuit of a new source of money, they'll end up falling flat on their face.

Which, going by sales, is quite clearly the case here.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
That one is slightly better. But I think it's a problem that they design faces to look good in a certain way, like with a stoic face, but then once they make it do other stuff, it can morph into something slightly unsettling...like a dog walking on its hind legs like a human *shudder*
It's like the uncanny valley...and that face just crossed it:lol:
You're right, some of the expressions do come off as realistic and believable, but others...not so much...more like scary...Lilith, I'm thinking of you. See you in my nightmares.:troll:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't really need to convince you or people who also prefer DmC over Classic DMC of anything. In the end everything posted here is an opinion. However, there's majority opinion and minority opinion. I just wanted to point out that if Capcom continues to disregard the majority in pursuit of a new source of money, they'll end up falling flat on their face.

And not all of us here prefer DmC over DMC.
And if you don't need to convince us, then why do all this?
Majority opinion..in the DmC section of the board, don't think so. So, if this is the minority, then why should you care?

You act like DMC is the only IP that kept Capcom afloat. DMC is not some saviour IP that will drag Capcom out of its financial slump you know.

And I am so glad that you have pointed out to us something that we already knew ages ago. Check the gaming news section, Capcom only has just over 100 million in the bank.

Bram Blackmon

It's quite clearly the case that you can't handle the fact that the reboot was superior to the originals in every way.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Problem is, it's not like DMC sales even made up the majority of sales for Capcom when it was around. It's not like DMC5 would save Capcom anyway. It's a small brand compared to their other IPs.

It certainly did not, you are correct. DMC was not a franchise that Capcom depended on. It was their lowest-selling modern franchise - if you account for any of them throughout time, the Disney games Capcom made even beat out the DMC franchise in sales! Still highly successful mind you, but...no where close to a being linchpin of their infrastructure.

Now...Street Fighter on the other hand. Take that out, and Capcom would definitely be struggling...maybe...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

"Cash Rules Everything Around Me. CREAM get the money, dolla' dolla' bill ya'll~"- Capcom
Capture17_zps45cd0d21.png

Counter troll time:troll:
It certainly did not, you are correct. DMC was not a franchise that Capcom depended on. It was their lowest-selling modern franchise - if you account for any of them throughout time, the Disney games Capcom made even beat out the DMC franchise in sales! Still highly successful mind you, but...no where close to a being linchpin of their infrastructure.

Now...Street Fighter on the other hand. Take that out, and Capcom would definitely be struggling...maybe...

They would be down the crapper if Street Fighter went down in sales.>_< I also hear that Monster Hunter is quite a big earner for them over in Japan.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
They would be down the crapper if Street Fighter went down in sales.>_< I also hear that Monster Hunter is quite a big earner for them over in Japan.

Oh yeah! Myanstar Hyuntar is super big in Japan. It's rough because it's REALLY fun, but it's always shaky here in the West, despite its overall popularity. Oh man...it's almost as if...as if...Monster Hunter's overall sales don't perfectly represent the the quality and popularity of the game! HOW IZ DIS POSSIBLE?!

It's popularity is growing in the West though, which is good n.n

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Therein lies the irony. Everyone praises Kamiya, but forgets Itsuno's part in everything :C

Itsuno was the director of Devil May Cry 2, an unforgivable crime against humanity. Even though the sinful Hideaki Itsuno redeemed himself with Devil May Cry 3 and 4, he hath sent onto man an artefact of the Devil. He cannot be forgiven for tainting the souls of the innocent and sending them into the embrace of the Devil.

Edit: Damn, making sermons is hard.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh yeah! Myanstar Hyuntar is super big in Japan. It's rough because it's REALLY fun, but it's always shaky here in the West, despite its overall popularity. Oh man...it's almost as if...as if...Monster Hunter's overall sales don't perfectly represent the the quality and popularity of the game! HOW IZ DIS POSSIBLE?!

It's popularity is growing in the West though, which is good n.n
That's what I was thinking. It is a good game, but it just hasn't caught on here like it has in Japan...it's ashame, but I'm not going to go all ranting about it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's what I was thinking. It is a good game, but it just hasn't caught on here like it has in Japan...it's ashame, but I'm not going to go all ranting about it.

I think it's because it was such a different game than what people were used to here in the West. It was a hack 'n' slash, but it was exceedingly methodical and not quite as fast paced as Capcom's other action series (DMC :p), so I think a lot of people couldn't get past the idea of mashing buttons and actually taking their time against the monsters >.<

Bram Blackmon

I think it's because it was such a different game than what people were used to here in the West. It was a hack 'n' slash, but it was exceedingly methodical and not quite as fast paced as Capcom's other action series (DMC :p), so I think a lot of people couldn't get past the idea of mashing buttons and actually taking their time against the monsters >_<

That pretty much sums it up. I tried really hard to get into monster hunter but the fact of the matter was I just couldn't get used to the way the weapons handled. Which is sad, because it seems like it had a lot to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom