• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry vs. Devil May Cry... (keep it civil, or else).

Classic Dante v. Rebooted Dante (The Old and the New)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Cheese... yes.

I will get cheese.

chowthumbsup.gif

IncarnatedDemon

Ooookaaaay, so...then how can you say NT didn't improve. By definition, NT greatly improved, being able to make an action game with a lot of depth, especially more depth than Heavenly Sword and Enslaved.

And I'm not talking about you arguing your opinion, I'm talking about how you legitimately just said "This is not fact" and then backed up your claim with not facts, but your opinions. Facts need to be put up against facts in order to discount them. You can totally have your opinions, but don't say something isn't a fact and then throw your opinions at it. It won't matter how strong your convictions are.

NT's improvement is not an opinion, it's a fact that you can plainly see because they made improvements from all their previous games. Hell, DmC uses Heavenly Sword's stance mechanic in a much better way, dare I say...in an improvement.
It's a fact they improved, but improving alot? I don't think so.

Try to read what you wrote:
"NT greatly improved, being able to make an action game with alot of depth"

Who innovated created /innovated dmc gameplay:
Kamiya (#1), Itsuno (#3)

Now ask, who reproduced with alterations - reboot's gameplay that's based on dmc gameplay?
Ninja theory...and capcom

And no, just like your assumption that kids don't improve in school, your here also constructing something in your head that i have not said:
That NT hasn't improved. Go read my post above to see if i said "They havent".

They just haven't improved alot.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Splitting hairs then, really. What the hell is supposed to be "a lot" by your definition? The fact that they went from making a very generic hack 'n 'slash with some very basic mechanics to creating a game from the ground up with mechanics that have quite a bit of depth - I'd say that's quite the improvement.

The fact that they did so with the oversight of Itsuno, or that they were building off a previous gameplay style is irrelevant, Ninja Theory developed DmC, learned a few new tricks, and made by and far their best game to date.

A little, a lot? Let's just quit trying to undercut their legitimate achievements, it's getting annoying :/

EllDawn

I'd recommend Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, with some popcorn. I really enjoyed that film-I mean game, and given I've played a large chunk of Heavenly Sword as well, I can confirm they've improved a lot since those titles.^_^
lol. I'll have to order them for my birthday next year. And then talk my brother into playing them, too. That wouldn't be too hard, actually. We share video games. I still have a few of his.

IncarnatedDemon

Splitting hairs then, really. What the hell is supposed to be "a lot" by your definition? The fact that they went from making a very generic hack 'n 'slash with some very basic mechanics to creating a game from the ground up with mechanics that have quite a bit of depth - I'd say that's quite the improvement.

The fact that they did so with the oversight of Itsuno, or that they were building off a previous gameplay style is irrelevant, Ninja Theory developed DmC, learned a few new tricks, and made by and far their best game to date.
A little, a lot? Let's just quit trying to undercut their legitimate achievements, it's getting annoying :/

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
What? How is that any different from something like the accolades of Borderlands when it uses the exact same control scheme as Call of Duty? What matters is the game itself, not what standards to a genre it might be using (in this case DmC's very much DMC-like standard).

If you've got something to say then say it, don't be all passive aggressive and give me ellipsis :/

-----

Anyway, HOW 'BOUT MY PRETTY DRESS! IT BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD! And by "yard" I mean Scotland Yard, because it's so pretty it's criminal. It has nothing to do with that guy I ran over the other night. Nope, all about my dress.

EllDawn

Anyway, HOW 'BOUT MY PRETTY DRESS! IT BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD! And by "yard" I mean Scotland Yard, because it's so pretty it's criminal. It has nothing to do with that guy I ran over the other night. Nope, all about my dress.
Want some makeup too? It'll make you even more pretty. I might still have some I don't use any more. Including lipstick that glows in the dark.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
God, she's so perfectly hideous. Although I thought she looked sort of like, amusingly cute when she was all excited to fight Dante with her "this is the opportunity I've been waiting for!" She looked like a kid in a candy store, haha.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
God, she's so perfectly hideous. Although I thought she looked sort of like, amusingly cute when she was all excited to fight Dante with her "this is the opportunity I've been waiting for!" She looked like a kid in a candy store, haha.
:lol: If by candy you mean gouging out Dante's brains and eating them like she said she would.

She's just so creepy. First you think she's a lady who had too much plastic surgery, then you find out her face falls off and then she has a demon baby crawl out of her head.:blink: It's just wrong on so many levels.:p MUNDUS, WHY YOU DATE HER?!:troll:

And by cute, kinda like this
Capture7_zps4637e290.png

Then it all goes totally downhill after. For some reason I'm imagining her at a rave with glowsticks in her hands. It's just the pose she has in that image.:lol:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think from the concept stuff I've seen she's essentially nothing more than a gestation chamber for Killing Face, so she like, willingly just let herself get pregnant and her body is build in such a way to handle that demonic gestation process.

She also plays off of that "very fake beauty" people aim for really well. Like, she perfectly represents the kind of person with fading looks desperately trying to hold onto their youth by hanging out with a younger crowd and getting a LOT of plastic surgery. One of dem "societal ills" DmC parodies that I liked.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think from the concept stuff I've seen she's essentially nothing more than a gestation chamber for Killing Face, so she like, willingly just let herself get pregnant and her body is build in such a way to handle that demonic gestation process.

She also plays off of that "very fake beauty" people aim for really well. Like, she perfectly represents the kind of person with fading looks desperately trying to hold onto their youth by hanging out with a younger crowd and getting a LOT of plastic surgery. One of dem "societal ills" DmC parodies that I liked.
Still kinda weird. She's small compared to that giant freak baby...which comes out of her head.

She reminds me of those ladies from 'Real Housewives' shows. They're about as real as a vampire's tan.:p You're right, all they do is go around desperately clinging to their rich husbands while getting surgery to compete with younger women. It seems like a very insecure, shallow and sad life.

Lilith kinda reminds me of a jumped up version of Nevan because of how she behaves, and Echidna becase both of them shoot babies out to defend themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom