• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry -Stairway to Heaven-

EllDawn

I probably should have mentioned this a little sooner, but I'm sorta gonna wait until after the holidays have subsided before I try to start on any more missions. I've been trying to focus on my larger project a bit more in the off-time I have, but also planning more of Blast Back as well (so my blarg doesn't look like some fanfic-laden hub :tongue:).

I hope you'll also support Blast Back as well n.n
I completely understand. You take care of what you need to first. It'll be good for us to be patient for the next mission.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You're all so good to meh.

Should have at least some incoming images of my own for both DmC-StH- and Blast Back, this week is a slight doodle week I s'pose. Erian's got a lead on me, haha!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
What can I say? I've got a knack for conceptualizing, I guess. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate 'em. Hope you'll become a fan, too n.n

Don't forget to spread the word~

I'm for sure a fan of your writing! I just love your dialogue, especially between Phin and Dante. The part when Dante thinks Phin is only in the park so he doesn't run into anything!:laugh: Great tie in to the game. Hilarious to me! And Phin keeps calling him master! HA! And how you made Kat seem pretty much useless in terms of demon fighting or portal making, but you can tell or at least get the feeling that Dante doesn't want Kat to be useless, like he has actual feelings for her, and he just doesn't want to be that guy. Great.:thumbsup:

Everyone i know who plays DMC actually thinks DmC is "trying to hard" so convincing them otherwise is kinda hard. but i'll support ya:D

looking forward to Blast Back too!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Man, some really kind words. I really appreciate them n.n Is my dialogue really that good? It's been a unanimous comment from a lot of different people.

Is there anything that you guys think I could work on? I know full well I ain't the best, and I wanna improve however I can, because that just makes the stories more enjoyable, and then everybody wins :thumbsup:

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Man, some really kind words. I really appreciate them n.n Is my dialogue really that good? It's been a unanimous comment from a lot of different people.

Is there anything that you guys think I could work on? I know full well I ain't the best, and I wanna improve however I can, because that just makes the stories more enjoyable, and then everybody wins :thumbsup:

maybe add a coloring section
vFny0.gif

but for real man, at the moment, you are just expanding a universe that i was invested in for about 4 years now, and you hit the nail right on the head.

I would say that your fight choreography is sometimes hard to follow and most of the time i know what your talking about because i play dmc, but i think for others, it might seem...um.... yea.... im not a writer so....

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ha, yeah, I can see that. I have a lot of great ideas for choreography, but I think it's a bit more difficult for me to get from my head to the page :S I'll need to work on that more. I'll see if I can't go back and rework some of the other fights, too, have you all take a look to see if they sound any clearer.

Any fight that sticks out right now that you think could be a bit better? I could start there :3

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Also...

but i think for others, it might seem...um.... yea.... im not a writer so....

Ha, no worries but honestly you don't need to be a writer to need to understand the choreography, as you being a reader, it's my job to make sure that what I write I'm conveying well for you to understand. If I can't write something so the common reader can, I'm failin' at muh jorb! Writing a book strictly for other writers would be a poor way to go about things.

There's nothin' wrong with wanting to make things more clear n.n

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well lets take the hallway scene in the mental institution. For me, it just doesn't move as fast as i want it to :/ but then again, you do take the time to describe, very graphically, whats happening. And thats all fine and good but, I like it better when you graphically describe Dante in DT mode. And when Dante is just fighting demons maybe lay off the insane amount of bullet references :facepalm:

I think you know every single lingo word to describe bullets (its dope though)

ermm...let me see..

im not good at this:dead:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well lets take the hallway scene in the mental institution. For me, it just doesn't move as fast as i want it to :/ but then again, you do take the time to describe, very graphically, whats happening.

Hrmmmm, so I should try to strike a better balance between description and pacing. I can understand that. I think sometimes I get a bit caught up in descriptions for the sake of trying to paint the world for the reader. Thanks :3

And thats all fine and good but, I like it better when you graphically describe Dante in DT mode.

What do you mean by this? Am I doin' something a little differently when he's in DT? If you can elaborate on it, I might be able to transfer that over a bit more into the other choreography n.n

And when Dante is just fighting demons maybe lay off the insane amount of bullet references :facepalm:

I think you know every single lingo word to describe bullets (its dope though)

HAhahahaha >.< Yeah, I primarily started writing gunfight choreography (In the Case of Dust is essentially one big gunfight :p), so I s'pose I probably subconsciously focus a lot more on gunplay, and when it was the only weapons being used in the fight, I needed to come up with creative ways to mention them using the guns, and to reference them without feeling like I'm constantly repeating the same word (that's a small worry of mine). My buddy likes to razz on me for using the word "loosing" so much, too :tongue:

Luckily, with someone like Dante, he's got an arsenal up the wazoo so I could probably focus more on the rest of his weapons for variety. I'm just a stickler for the default Rebellion and E&I combo - gotta get myself outta that.

im not good at this:dead:

No dude! You're doing great! I really appreciate the comments.

And of course, if anyone else has some ideas of how I can improve, I am all ears (figuratively, otherwise that'd look gross).

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
What do you mean by this? Am I doin' something a little differently when he's in DT? If you can elaborate on it, I might be able to transfer that over a bit more into the other choreography n.n
:tongue:

I think early on in the story you should take time describing Dantes diverse weaponry for the readers sake. And once the picture is ppainted then you could transition from move to move without as much detail.

As for the differences between Dante in human and DT, I feel like it's almost necessary to have the added detail because of how much more vicious he is at that point.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think early on in the story you should take time describing Dantes diverse weaponry for the readers sake. And once the picture is ppainted then you could transition from move to move without as much detail.

Ah, yeah. I know what you mean. I think I may have started it off at a point expecting the reader to just know what I'm talking about, since it's supplemental to the DmC. I sorta got away from expecting the reader to know later on, but I should really go back to the previous stuff to update it.

That's totally my fault, bleh! Silly me.

As for the differences between Dante in human and DT, I feel like it's almost necessary to have the added detail because of how much more vicious he is at that point.

Gotcha, so I should try to point out that normal Dante is much more stylish and methodical, to help differentiate that with the man-demon's ferocity and brutality, right?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Ah, yeah. I know what you mean. I think I may have started it off at a point expecting the reader to just know what I'm talking about, since it's supplemental to the DmC. I sorta got away from expecting the reader to know later on, but I should really go back to the previous stuff to update it.

That's totally my fault, bleh! Silly me.

Gotcha, so I should try to point out that normal Dante is much more stylish and methodical, to help differentiate that with the man-demon's ferocity and brutality, right?
Jackpot!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ugh...my thumbs up doesn't seem to work anymore T_T

Reuploaded, for greatness :3

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hokai! So, I updated my artwork archive, and added in a page of artwork for Stairway to Heaven, as well as a small concept for Blast Back.

Here's the artwork I did for Dante and his DT (the man-demon), nothing too spectacular.

dmc-sth-1.png

When he takes off his coat, he reminds me a bit more of a private detective-type character: unkempt shirt with the rolled up sleeves underneath a double shoulder holster.

And for anyone interested, here's the thinger for Blast Back...

lionhead-corps-concept-1.png

Feels good to get back into drawring again. This is still just some crummy clothing designs for the most part though, not ready for anything too big just yet. However, that day will come :3

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Haha no worries. It's all interpretations, right? Your Human Dante looks pretty spot on, but your DT Dante looks sort of like an "in-between" shot from Human to DT :3

With his DT I wanted to make something reminiscent of the classics, where it's a solid and distinct change that still keeps the general design of the figure.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Haha no worries. It's all interpretations, right? Your Human Dante looks pretty spot on, but your DT Dante looks sort of like an "in-between" shot from Human to DT :3

With his DT I wanted to make something reminiscent of the classics, where it's a solid and distinct change that still keeps the general design of the figure.

Yeah, I wanted that in-between look since I thought he would not get something solid until he can actually control it.
Actually I only wanted to draw a fast Dante concept for reference, since I'm still working on the Minos piece, the DT just came to my mind. But with this I guess I'll go back to the drawing board.

EllDawn

I'm wondering why I never got alerts about new posts on this thread.

Hokai! So, I updated my artwork archive, and added in a page of artwork for Stairway to Heaven, as well as a small concept for Blast Back.

Here's the artwork I did for Dante and his DT (the man-demon), nothing too spectacular.

dmc-sth-1.png

When he takes off his coat, he reminds me a bit more of a private detective-type character: unkempt shirt with the rolled up sleeves underneath a double shoulder holster.

And for anyone interested, here's the thinger for Blast Back...

lionhead-corps-concept-1.png

Feels good to get back into drawring again. This is still just some crummy clothing designs for the most part though, not ready for anything too big just yet. However, that day will come :3
I actually envisioned the same thing when reading your description for Dante's DT. Only I think I imagined it as all black with a red eye. I'm not sure at the moment.

Top Bottom