• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition Reviews

Judge

All the major review sites are up on Metacritic now:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/dmc-devil-may-cry-definitive-edition

Interestingly not many publications have reviewed the Xbox 1 edition.

The Metacritic is 86, about the same as before. I don't see that changing unless a lot of X1 reviews come in awarding high 9s and 10s.

Aside from that, we knew the game was about that level from PS3/360. Having not played DE yet, I can't say how I would rate it myself. Yet the review scores are impressive none the less.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
It's good to here that DmC: Definitive Edition is being received well. It did address many of my criticisms of the original game, so I'll probably get a copy of it at some point. I mean, I'm more or less just looking forward to Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, but still, I'll give credit where credit is due.

giphy.gif

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'll gladly have more new games that play like DmC.

I mean I love the action-adventure games and the occasional shooters, but how many times to we get a good hack and slash?

It's not a mainstream genre, that's why we don't get many. The only franchises that can afford the luxury of seeing multiple installments are the most popular (and best selling), meaning God of War and Devil May Cry.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yep, it's a luxury, that's why games like DMC, DmC, Lords of Shadows are gems --subjectively the best in the genre, i'll promote them however i can so more people are playing and hopefully more of the genre are being made..

EDIT : i forgot MGRR :p

Elijah Guerrero

I LOVE the Lords of Shadow Trilogy (Lords of Shadow 1, Mirror of Fate (HD) & Lords of Shadow 2), granted no games are perfect, I defenitely enjoyed these games to the fullest, plus Gabriel/Dracula, Trevor/Alucard and Simon were all badass to play as (And the Belmonts were amazing, even though there were FAR less than the classic series, which was confusing).

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
can you guys imagine a DMC/DmC with cinematic and story driven direction the way LoS did? i suppose there you go, a perfect game.. and would love to see these 3 rising developers work together, mercury steam, Ninja Theory and Dontnod (remember me), three of them are exceptional in their own way, with the fact they're new in the business..

oh and, @sssensational , i forgot to watch footages closely and my internet is currently on slow mode, was with the lock-on on we walk the way original games did or are we still able to run?

Judge

can you guys imagine a DMC/DmC with cinematic and story driven direction the way LoS did? i suppose there you go, a perfect game.. and would love to see these 3 rising developers work together, mercury steam, Ninja Theory and Dontnod (remember me), three of them are exceptional in their own way, with the fact they're new in the business..

oh and, @sssensational , i forgot to watch footages closely and my internet is currently on slow mode, was with the lock-on on we walk the way original games did or are we still able to run?

I'm a believer of the 'too many cooks spoil the broth' notion. I think give one studio free reign to do what they want; if you involve too many studios they all want things done their own way and it never works imo.

The thing I think Ninja Theory need to look at with Lords of Shadow is the database entries. The beauty of Lords of Shadow was how the database entries and the monologues in the game communitcated the world mythology to the player.

When you find scrolls on dead soliders and they fill in a peice of the world's history, its that type of depth Ninja Theory needed with DmC. You can have plenty of cutscenes, but it helps to have more than that to give the player that feeling they are completely immersed in the world.

Hope they are watching this and take it on board for future work. It was needed or DmC, imo.

Top Bottom