• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition Reviews

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I'm a believer of the 'too many cooks spoil the broth' notion. I think give one studio free reign to do what they want; if you involve too many studios they all want things done their own way and it never works imo.

The thing I think Ninja Theory need to look at with Lords of Shadow is the database entries. The beauty of Lords of Shadow was how the database entries and the monologues in the game communitcated the world mythology to the player.

When you find scrolls on dead soliders and they fill in a peice of the world's history, its that type of depth Ninja Theory needed with DmC. You can have plenty of cutscenes, but it helps to have more than that to give the player that feeling they are completely immersed in the world.

Hope they are watching this and take it on board for future work. It was needed or DmC, imo.

hmmm.. yeah you're right, it'll mess things up, it's just that what some games lack, was done nicely in other games. Like the first LoS lacking is the combat and control, and DmC has it; what DmC lacks in terms of using unreal engine, remember me did it well; what remember me lacks in ---i actually don't really know what it lacks, just i know something is lacking with the game..

Story wise, i think what we got in DmC is capcom's order, maybe like they told NT to just make it simple.. maybe..

And by database entries do you mean to let the player learn about the world themselves? and about LoS, the cutscenes itself is so powerful that it gave me awe everytime.. anyway, is it possible for DMC/DmC to be story-driven like that --epic, colossal, cinematic and all, or was is what capcom wanted it to be and that they are supposed to be 'simple'?

and absolutely, i hope they are reading these..

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
can you guys imagine a DMC/DmC with cinematic and story driven direction the way LoS did? i suppose there you go, a perfect game.. and would love to see these 3 rising developers work together, mercury steam, Ninja Theory and Dontnod (remember me), three of them are exceptional in their own way, with the fact they're new in the business..

oh and, @sssensational , i forgot to watch footages closely and my internet is currently on slow mode, was with the lock-on on we walk the way original games did or are we still able to run?

I think story has always been a Devil May Cry game's achilles heel. It's a shame, because it could be very epic. But I think that also brings up a new problem, how much cutscenes are you going to make for an action game? I've heard people complain about the fact that DmC had too many cutscenes. A Devil May Cry game should, at its core, be fun to play and ooze action. (In my opinion.)

Oh, and you can still run in Lock-on mode. I hardly ever use it though, I literally only use it to occasionally check enemy health (I instantly turn it off after I've seen it) or on the dreamrunners. One annoyance is that when the dreamrunner goes into his little bubble the Lock-on disappears as well.

Lock-on is easy to use for moves like the stinger, but I haven't really found an ideal way to play with it yet. The auto lock is really where it's at for me.

absolitude

I think story has always been a Devil May Cry game's achilles heel. It's a shame, because it could be very epic. But I think that also brings up a new problem, how much cutscenes are you going to make for an action game? I've heard people complain about the fact that DmC had too many cutscenes. A Devil May Cry game should, at its core, be fun to play and ooze action. (In my opinion.)

Oh, and you can still run in Lock-on mode. I hardly ever use it though, I literally only use it to occasionally check enemy health (I instantly turn it off after I've seen it) or on the dreamrunners. One annoyance is that when the dreamrunner goes into his little bubble the Lock-on disappears as well.

Lock-on is easy to use for moves like the stinger, but I haven't really found an ideal way to play with it yet. The auto lock is really where it's at for me.

cutscenes can be in a game as much as it needed, i dont understand the complain about too many cutscenes in DmC, if it were about that slo-mo after kills or Dante's grin and sneer, well those actually supports the style and cool of DmC, and i'm enjoying it verymuch, same feeling applies to enslaved odyssey to the west.. if people don't like it, well maybe they hated Dante's face to begin with..

well at least the lock-on allows free move, good thing..

oh, and you're featured on NT's page, lol, congrats(?). I've always wanted to ask if you were her, kept seeing you on NT or DmC's page..

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
oh, and you're featured on NT's page, lol, congrats(?). I've always wanted to ask if you were her, kept seeing you on NT or DmC's page..

omg yeah, that's me alright. yesterday I put on my Dante coat and purchased DmC (physical copy, so I'm already at purchase number 2). Guess they thought it was interesting enough to retweet!

absolitude

they should include retweets as achievement on their games, ha.. i've been spamming on their pages, and reducing it since they never interacted with fans *asking for too much i know.. but tim phillips is nice, he forwarded my asking for a sequel tweet to NT..

Blade8513

It's a damn good game, I played the vanilla person when it came out and loved it, and just couldn't pass up a PS4 version with all the DLC included too. I have no complaints, except for the lack of the orb harvester, but I don't need it since I will eventually get everything I need anyway. I just like to get all of the upgrading out of way, same with collecting lost souls/keys/secret doors, so I then can play through all over and focus only on the combat and my score lol

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
they should include retweets as achievement on their games, ha.. i've been spamming on their pages, and reducing it since they never interacted with fans *asking for too much i know.. but tim phillips is nice, he forwarded my asking for a sequel tweet to NT..
Did he, now? Well, that was pretty cool of him.

absolitude

Did he, now? Well, that was pretty cool of him.

he seems like the cool friendly type too.. hmm, i'm gonna try it on david de lautour later, it's cool meter time! lol

nothing important, but he looks cool here, vergil worthy,

5bjb4we04ku3ew4j.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
omg yeah, that's me alright. yesterday I put on my Dante coat and purchased DmC (physical copy, so I'm already at purchase number 2). Guess they thought it was interesting enough to retweet!
I just saw your pic, I want your coat.

And I hope you don't mind me saying, cute. ^-^

Last edited:
Top Bottom