• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I know. It's just that the endless nitpicking got under my skin.

Nitpicking? Are you telling me that I'm not allowed to point out points of improvements if I call myself a DmC fan? Well, that's a first.

Anyway, like I said, I am VERY excited to get my hands on DmC: Definitive Edition. My hands are just itching to play DmC again with my good ol' tv and PS4. I've really only been playing the game on PC these past few months.

That's fair but one can't help but point out when they see things they don't like or feel off. Sometimes we don't know why it looks off so we start nitpicking it to understand why we don't like it in hopes of finding a way to make it better because we want to like it.

Let's just leave it for what it is, alright. :) I won't change my ways, however. I still stand by my point that I would love to see Vergil's DMC3 coat be a bit more polished, but I don't feel like arguing over such a silly little thing.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Edit:

@sssensational

[The previous post (using the phrase "to the both of you") was inadvertently rude. Sorry.]

I didn't mind your nitpicking (it was done out of concern, and I remember @berto saying that he thought that DmC's combat system was better than DMC4's), I just didn't like... everyone else's.

*Ahem*

I know, that's not very believable, but it's actually true in my case.

Last edited:

corrnata

@corrnata but what would that "human" have to do with Vergil? In DmC he's human not one bit, he's half demon half angel.
Oh I like agree with you, its just that what else am I meant to call it. Also I have referred when when using fire arms and rebellion as human mode in places even if it makes no sense, maybe the d-pad stuff is Ninja expanding Nero angelo or something

berto

I Saw the Devil
and I remember @berto saying that he thought that DmC's combat system was better than DMC4's
I have mentioned that once or twice but more specifically I said that DmC's combat was more refined than DMC4's. I never really clarified because I don't know if I have the words to describe what I mean.

Let's just leave it for what it is, alright. :) I won't change my ways, however. I still stand by my point that I would love to see Vergil's DMC3 coat be a bit more polished, but I don't feel like arguing over such a silly little thing.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it, but in the interest of keeping thing moving how 'bout we save it till there is a video of Vergil's combat so we can see in motion. and see how it looks from there.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it, but in the interest of keeping thing moving how 'bout we save it till there is a video of Vergil's combat so we can see in motion. and see how it looks from there.

I really want to see a full body shot of Vergil in his DMC3 outfit. I was always a big fan of the pants + boots combination. I wonder what that looks like on him.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
AW YEAH!!! Love it!!! Glad to see that the DT/Doppelganger modes are getting a hud;
(Up - Human, Left-Angel, Right-Demon, Bottom - Delay Input)
for the odd occasion when I forget what mode its on without needing to waste DT meter to check, also dig the colors.
DmCDE_screens_09.png

I am curious about where the Lock-On button will be placed, since Vergil uses both dodges for individual "Trick" dashes. Maybe Left-Stick clicking to turn on Lock-On? Or, Lock-On placed on a shoulder button, and Trick Up/Down will now be Angel/Demon Mode dependent. Hmm...

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I was never a fan of Vergil's original look. It just looked dumb to me.

It's good that the people who do want that look have it, but I've already got my DMC 1 Dante skin. All I need is an Alastor skin for Rebellion.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I agree with berto that it's not the outfit, but the hair... doesn't suit new Vergil's face. I mean, they kinda did a similar thing with his hair in VD, to make him look like his old counterpart, but it doesn't work with him, as far as I'm concerned.
He would look better with his normal DmC hair, I believe.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait you guys were talking about this, weren't you?

rjfk1z.png

I'm just noticing that. So late to the party. Whatever could it mean?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait you guys were talking about this, weren't you?

rjfk1z.png

Vergil has one weapon so rather than adding more armament they're adding DT options. I'm guessing.

As for the hair I think it's too super saiyan/Einstein. Just flatten it a bit to make look more slick back rather than pointed up.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Another thing I noticed; on the left corner where the Angel/Demon trigger icons are, what are the top and bottom ones?

rjfk1z.png

DT Doppelganger statuses - Standard, Angel, Demon, Delay. It's the functions on the D-Pad, given HUD reference for the player.

I am curious about where the Lock-On button will be placed, since Vergil uses both dodges for individual "Trick" dashes. Maybe Left-Stick clicking to turn on Lock-On? Or, Lock-On placed on a shoulder button, and Trick Up/Down will now be Angel/Demon Mode dependent. Hmm...

Lock-On is just a function you can add to your controller configuration, so you can put it wherever you want. I'll probably put it in place of the camera snap on R3.

Devil Player

Whoa!!! Thanks for sharing the new pictures, guys. You rock! :)

Let's all rock!!!

On the other side, does that mean we won't have to press R2 or L2 to enter angel or demon mode with Vergil? It seems they're going on full style route like DMC 4. It seems fine on its own.

My fingers say thank you!!!

Top Bottom