• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

ji-high

In my honest opinion thats the wrong attitude to have man, its those "battle lines" being drawn threw the forum once again, fans should not have to stick to just 1 section while the others stay in another, why can't we all just discuss the DMC series whether it be good or bad?

People should be allowed to voice their dislike for DmC so long as they do it in respectful way (without insulting others of course), telling them to keep out of the DmC section just seems wrong to me.

Also I have been keeping a eye on these recent developments but have not been seeing much hate being thrown around here, where is all this hate located in the thread?

Maybe I missed it.
I'm not going back to 2010. DMC 4 SE is coming out in summer. People who hate DmC can wait for it and leave those of us who enjoy it well, enjoy it. Tired of this endless fighting over a simple video game. We shouldn't have to reiterate over and over why we like the game or why we think it's worthy of the DMC name. Enough of that crap already.

People are allowed to do what they want, i'm not a mod. I was just thinking out loud.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Is anyone else hoping for a DMC2 skin?

That outfit is splendid (and sadly the best part about DMC2 :tongue: ).
latest
No, but I rather have it in DMC4 or if possible in both.

The thing is that, if you think about it, it won't look that good little m Dante. The design works for DMC2's Dante because it was designed with that body build and face along with it but for DmC Dante's build and face it might not work as well.

ji-high

I understand sometimes you gotta listen to the fans, but listening to fans that add insults to their complaints and then later throws their complaints back in their faces is crossing the line. I believe all companies shouldn't listen to rude fans. They should listen to those who presented their complaints with respect. Eff that "be professional" phrase. If the fans are rude, CHECK THEM!
That 'listening to the fans' stuff is overrated anyway. The PS2/XB/GC era was one of the best and back then i don't think people got to give their input too much. Yet that's when all the franchises they love and are yearning for today were created.....Today everybody and their grand mother is a top tiers game developer.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm not going back to 2010. DMC 4 SE is coming out in summer. People who hate DmC can wait for it and leave those of us who enjoy it well, enjoy it. Tired of this endless fighting over a simple video game. We shouldn't have to reiterate over and over why we like the game or why we think it's worthy of the DMC name. Enough of that crap already.

People are allowed to do what they want, i'm not a mod. I was just thinking out loud.

Well those who are just blindly throwing around hate and insulting the game on this forum should just go on your ignore list man, problem solved.

As soon as you catch someone being rude and throwing out insults report them if its really offensive or if its just not to your liking than add them to your ignore list.

What I was getting at earlier was that I was referring to THIS forum, not the entirety of the web, so far since this news has come up I have not been seeing all that much hate, its even starting to win over some of the members who in the past have been pretty adamant in their dislike for the game.

Granted there are some who have had some less than favorable things to say in the thread, but even then its was not hate or insults, if so please point me to the page that I may have missed where this happened at.

But this has been seen as pretty great developments from the majority of the active forum, Capcom is actually listening to fans and fixing key issues many had with the game, and to top it off they are even adding extra costumes and playable modes.:happy:

I hate that I just purchased DmC about a month ago for the Xbox 360 lol, I rented it for 5 days when it first came out but never purchased it, I caught it on sale on 360 for 15 bucks, if I had known this was coming I would have waited for this version.:banghead:

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!

The thing is that, if you think about it, it won't look that good little m Dante. The design works for DMC2's Dante because it was designed with that body build and face along with it but for DmC Dante's build and face it might not work as well.
Yeah, good point. Watching the trailer for the DmC Definitive Edition, I noticed that even the DMC1 Dante skin seemed to look off on DmC Dante, whearas it looked fine in DMC1 and DMC3. It's just that DmC Dante's build and look aren't fully compatible the more flamboyant old school look because it's going for a realistic approach.

Still, having it in both would be preferable nonetheless.

GregaMan

Couple more answers and thoughts here.

>Demo?

Demos, when they happen, are planned in secret and then announced according to a PR/Marketing plan, just like titles themselves. So unfortunately it's one of those things that can't be discussed unless and until there's been an official announcement. For now, can't make any promises. But hence the livestreams.

>Where do you stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

We actually stream a lot: Monster Hunter every Monday (Monster Hunter Mondays), older Capcom games every Thursday (Throwback Thursdays), and promotional streams for current games on other days. And sometimes we just play something random like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. This Friday I believe we're streaming one of our upcoming titles....

>Discussion is more negative on IGN/Facebook/YouTube/somewhere else.

In general, you'll find that the more general the audience and the lower the barrier of entry for commenting, the more negativity, squabbling, and misinformation you are likely to see. Facebook and YouTube tend to be particularly mosh pitty because everyone's got an account, and the Devil May Cry content may appear in their feeds without them even seeking it out.

That may all go without saying, but it's to this community's credit that you're all so well informed and indeed, very even-tempered! People here may disagree on different aspects of the series, which stands to reason given how varied the series has been, but this is still quite possibly the greatest venue for having mature, adult discussion centered around the Devil May Cry games. So pat yourselves on the back! I like it here and take personal fulfillment in seeing a new wave of excitement on these boards.

I also appreciate that you guys tend to take it upon yourselves to remain informed about the games, and even when you debate, it's actual debate rather than baseless mudslinging. So, good for devilmaycry.org, and thanks for existing. You guys are great.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I usual response by DMC fans is "Yeah... So they fixed everything, but that won't change the crap story or terrible Donte character."

There was a person on the Gamespot thread for it who literally replied to every single comment with basically that spiel. Either they were determined to spread the word or working for the lulz.

Whatever, I'm completely on the hype train for both games.

nKlUAIW.gif

Gbraga

Greg, do you already have a DMC4 SE build in your hands? You better get good with Vergil to show us some sick stuff when the time comes :p

Oh, one controller mapping question (sorry for so many questions): Can you map Rainstorm to a button or is that still PC .ini editing only? I hope you can.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014

I agree.

Having all these old customes would be nice to have as an option, but I hardly ever use the current DMC outfit. For DmC Dante, I'd much rather see a more realistic outfit option.

I've never played Devil May Cry 2, but I've seen the promo picture. He looks good! I think his pose is funny... some kind of flamboyant cowboy. xD

Judge

You do realize that Hard Lock-on gives you more access to moves? Mainly associated with R1 (Hold Back + Attack). Granted it's just 1 single combined input for each weapon, but I wouldn't call it unnecessary at all. Again, even Bayonetta takes advantage of the Hard Lock-On system to add extra moves.

Bayonetta's lock-on actually works differently than that. All of Bayonettas' moves are performable without holding the lock-on button. The entire game is playable without using the hard-lock button.

Bayonetta's lock-on was also manual. In the previous DMC games the lock-on was automatic. You hold R1 to lock onto an enemy, but to switch enemies you press L3. When you press L3 the AI automatically selects the next enemy for you. There was no way of decided which enemy the rectile would land on next.

I'm not sure if DmC will use this type of lock-on, but the option is there not to use it at all. In terms of moves, yeah DmC needed more moves. The styles gave you access to more moves. While this was good, directionally locked attacks are just that: Directionally locked. Depending on the camera position, or the direction your facing, or the environment, the input can get confusing and you will end up using a move you didn't want to. It was restrictive having your moves locked to certain directions. Although I admit the game should have a lot more moves. Nero has at least 4 or 5 (if I can remember) different ground based attacks. DmC has only two for both Vergil and Dante.

While DmC has less moves, all those moves are performable without holding R1 and without being locked to specific directions, so every move is available in any direction, not simply the dirction the system input allows.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh, one controller mapping question (sorry for so many questions): Can you map Rainstorm to a button or is that still PC .ini editing only? I hope you can.

Why do people keeping asking this o_O The console version let's you specifically set a Gun Special key (L2 is mine :p). I know the PC version doesn't without some finagling, but the console version already has a separate option :x

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Why do people keeping asking this o_O The console version let's you specifically set a Gun Special key (L2 is mine :p). I know the PC version doesn't without some finagling, but the console version already has a separate option :x

I cannot do anything beautiful with the guns even if my life depended on it.

I like to think I'm pretty good at DmC, but then I see people who did some other key bindings, allowing them to charge up the guns while still in combat and I just... eh, I really want to do it. But I'm so used to the standard buttons that I just can't bring myself to learn something else.

ChaserTech

Bayonetta's lock-on actually works differently than that. All of Bayonettas' moves are performable without holding the lock-on button. The entire game is playable without using the hard-lock button.

Actually, Bayonetta's launchers are tied to a specific command string without using hard lock-on, so it is possible to play without using the hard lock-on feature without it. But using hard lock-on make it possible to use launchers without relying on pause combos since they take quite a bit of time to start up. This gives you the option to use it instantly, during a different command string. And in Bayonetta 2, some weapons don't even have the option to use launchers outside of hard lock-on so it's a necessity to use it if you want to use her launchers effectively (unless you use Witch Strike which eats your double jump).

Bayonetta's lock-on was also manual. In the previous DMC games the lock-on was automatic. You hold R1 to lock onto an enemy, but to switch enemies you press L3. When you press L3 the AI automatically selects the next enemy for you. There was no way of decided which enemy the rectile would land on next.

Bayonetta's lock-on system utilized soft lock on and hard lock on. You'll target the nearest enemy when you attack but you can override the system by simply tilting the control stick towards another Angel. Hard Lock-On enables you to focus on one enemy without having you attack a different enemy around it. Even when I played through Bayonneta 1 and 2 using Hard Lock-On, I realized that the system still feels nonrestrictive with it, mainly due to my mobility options as Bayonetta.

And DMC's lock on system was not automatic at all. What the hell are you talking about?
When you press L3 it cycles through the closest enemy to the farthest in that order. It's not random.

fea4534725.gif

I'm still not sure why it's "restrictive" to utilize manual lock on to access other moves. Maybe it's restrictive because the character is walking, but you can fix that by simply not locking on while you're on the ground, just like I've done while playing Bayonetta 1 and 2 on my first playthrough.
It's like me complaining about DmC's Angel/Demon system where I have to hold down a separate trigger to have access to my moves. And yes I know that weapons are tied to Angel/Demon triggers, but it's the same basic concept really. Holding down a button to have access to your moves.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'd imagine he means that having to take note of exactly how the camera and characters are oriented at any given moment is restrictive, considering you have to take another step to ensure that you perform the correct ability given directional input, and lock-on behavior also plays a part in what could be done, something that is out of your hands and in the systems.

ChaserTech

But that's the point of the lock on system. To have the camera focus on that particular enemy.
If the camera doesn't focus on the enemy correctly then it's a bad lock on. Which is why some people had camera issues with DmC due to no manual lock on system.

DMC's problem was mainly confined areas. If the game had more places that served as actual arenas (like Bloody Palace) I don't think people would have complained as much.

Top Bottom