• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Very well, you were welcoming her. However, you do need to clarify it to her because it she didn't take it that way.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it seems there a very active thread in the DMC4 section that I need to keep an eye on.
No NO Not THAT AGAIN D:

The Final Offer

I'm already aware of this, but that's not the only reason why people are hyped, and in the case of DMC4SE, its mainly for Vergil.

I do not count on hope, sorry to disappoint.

How can people not be hyped. When Vergil's voice isn't even IN DMC 4 until NOW.

Tell me why you're here then? Tell me mamacita what can someone that's not hopeful do for the community?

Last edited:

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.

Tell me why you're here then? Tell me what can someone that's not hopeful do for the community?
Nothing wrong with Hype, just don't overhype. I've seen people talking as if this will be a remake of DMC4, with new story elements and hoping for new bosses, or speculating about vergil being in the main story.
It's okay to be excited, just don't hope for too much.

And Credo has vergil's voice-actor.

The Final Offer

Nothing wrong with Hype, just don't overhype. I've seen people talking as if this will be a remake of DMC4, with new story elements and hoping for new bosses, or speculating about vergil being in the main story.
It's okay to be excited, just don't hope for too much.

And Credo has vergil's voice-actor.

Vergil, the character, does not have a voice in DMC4.

Don't tell us not to get hype or not to OVERHYPE these announcements. We can speculate as much as we want to, we have no off switch because we are hopeful it will be these things and more.

You see, if DmC has a bunch of new features and DMC 4 is getting a special edition tailored for our current generation consoles. Then why are you here telling us NOT to speculate on an announcement that has the highest possibility of playing as one our favorites in 1080p 60fps?

Now I can tell you not to be a BUZZ KILLINGTON. If you and anyone else in here can't handle the hype then..

PYOd0Be.gif

Ruisu

I'm not saying to not speculate D:

It's more like a warning. Overhyping can really ruin a game if it doesn't live up to your expectations. Speculate and hype, but try to keep it within reason since all we have right now is a promo picture.

The Final Offer

I'm not saying to not speculate D:

It's more like a warning. Overhyping can really ruin a game if it doesn't live up to your expectations. Speculate and hype, but try to keep it within reason since all we have right now is a promo picture.

A Warning!?

A ******* WARNING ON HYPE!?

************!! VERGIL IS IN THE GAME!

bruce-lee-chinese-connection-o.gif

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

I don't know, you tell me. I never claimed people aren't hyped or even asked why people are hyped.

Tell me why you're here then? Tell me mamacita what can someone that's not hopeful do for the community?
I didn't know you have to be hopeful to do something for "the community". Skepticism brings forward more thought than simple hope.

Ayy papi

While I understand the hype, its affecting your logic.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Umm...just a question...why do you need photo mode on PS4 when you can use share button to make screenshots

Because photo mode allows you to make edits to the photo while still in-game. It freezes the game, and allows the player to turn the camera around Dante so that the player can take screenshots from all angles (hehehe). Here's an example of what I mean: http://fyeahdevilmaycryreboot.tumblr.com/post/93343946373 <--- it lets you zoom in and take the screenshot just the way you want it, instead of just screenshotting whatever's on the screen.

Also, if Devil May Cry 5 AND DmC2 become things that happen, YES! Because as much as I favor DmC, I love me some hacky slashy games and I'll be very satisfied with both of them.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Because photo mode allows you to make edits to the photo while still in-game. It freezes the game, and allows the player to turn the camera around Dante so that the player can take screenshots from all angles (hehehe). Here's an example of what I mean: http://fyeahdevilmaycryreboot.tumblr.com/post/93343946373 <--- it lets you zoom in and take the screenshot just the way you want it, instead of just screenshotting whatever's on the screen.

Also, if Devil May Cry 5 AND DmC2 become things that happen, YES! Because as much as I favor DmC, I love me some hacky slashy games and I'll be very satisfied with both of them.
Doubt both of them happen. Most likely only one of them if we're lucky. Capcom probably dont have finances to do both. I dunno. Maybe DMC4 SE is only parting gift or something like this.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So, I just wanted to talk about something that was mentioned - that the Definitive Edition's addition of things like Lock-On and some other features are proof of them relenting and admitting that people who complained "were right". It's not at all a matter of whether something was right or wrong. Capcom and Ninja Theory had an aim with DmC, they wanted to try new and different things, and they couldn't just do them in in the classic series because look what happened when it was its own universe with nothing to do with the original continuity for Christ's sake!

It's not like they acquiesced to things like "Fix this ****!" in regards to Angel Lift keeping you aloft, they implemented a way to lock onto targets, they refined rough edges we found through millions of hours of collective playtime, and sough to make a good game better, and better for everyone.

People wanted DmC to be completely changed, before it could be seen how the ideas would actually work. Upon release, we see that the game works just fine, like any other well-put-together game does. Functions that people demanded weren't exactly a necessity for achieving a "Devil May Cry experience". Look at any videos from michellegun or SamD and you can see that the game is certainly just as exciting a spectacle.

It's not a matter of who they listened to or why, the main point is that they listened, and they gave people options! OPTIONS! All of the things the Definitive Edition tweaks makes the overall game better, in line with the kind of game it was meant to be - a good entry point for newcomers who won't be discouraged. Then, the Definitive Edition also adds in brand new options for veterans of the original, as well as veterans of the entire franchise. It gives a lock-on feature that can be nothing but helpful if someone wants to make use of it (although it is in no way necessary), and new game perks like Turbo and Hardcore to modify the game more and more. OPTIONS!

It's not accepting they were wrong to make DmC the way they did, it's offering more ways to play a game that they were given the chance to actually make the way they wanted first, and then listening to applicable feedback. These features make the game better, but it was still a great game without them.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Just curious. Will the Devil Trigger of the DMC1 and DMC3 Dante skins look demonic instead of human this time? That was a small gripe I had with the DLC.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
TWOxACROSS, I completely agree with you. DmC was a VERY nice game to play, and I strongly believe that the definitive edition is just going to make it even better.

That being said, they mentioned something about 'demons spawning in devil trigger'. What on earth could that mean?

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's not a matter of who they listened to or why, the main point is that they listened, and they gave people options! OPTIONS! All of the things the Definitive Edition tweaks makes the overall game better, in line with the kind of game it was meant to be - a good entry point for newcomers who won't be discouraged. Then, the Definitive Edition also adds in brand new options for veterans of the original, as well as veterans of the entire franchise. It gives a lock-on feature that can be nothing but helpful if someone wants to make use of it (although it is in no way necessary), and new game perks like Turbo and Hardcore to modify the game more and more. OPTIONS!.
Was it you and I who had that discussion? I was discussing that a while back with someone regarding the lack of a lock on and they insisted that I didn't need one and I insisted that I did. I told them that Bayonetta's soft lock was just as good as DmC's but regardless of 'need' I wanted the option of it. I kinda wanna say it was you.

Just curious. Will the Devil Trigger of the DMC1 and DMC3 Dante skins look demonic instead of human this time? That was a small gripe I had with the DLC.
That would be neat. However, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen.

Exejpgwmv

So, I just wanted to talk about something that was mentioned - that the Definitive Edition's addition of things like Lock-On and some other features are proof of them relenting and admitting that people who complained "were right". It's not at all a matter of whether something was right or wrong. Capcom and Ninja Theory had an aim with DmC, they wanted to try new and different things, and they couldn't just do them in in the classic series because look what happened when it was its own universe with nothing to do with the original continuity for Christ's sake!

It's not like they acquiesced to things like "Fix this ****!" in regards to Angel Lift keeping you aloft, they implemented a way to lock onto targets, they refined rough edges we found through millions of hours of collective playtime, and sough to make a good game better, and better for everyone.

People wanted DmC to be completely changed, before it could be seen how the ideas would actually work. Upon release, we see that the game works just fine, like any other well-put-together game does. Functions that people demanded weren't exactly a necessity for achieving a "Devil May Cry experience". Look at any videos from michellegun or SamD and you can see that the game is certainly just as exciting a spectacle.

It's not a matter of who they listened to or why, the main point is that they listened, and they gave people options! OPTIONS! All of the things the Definitive Edition tweaks makes the overall game better, in line with the kind of game it was meant to be - a good entry point for newcomers who won't be discouraged. Then, the Definitive Edition also adds in brand new options for veterans of the original, as well as veterans of the entire franchise. It gives a lock-on feature that can be nothing but helpful if someone wants to make use of it (although it is in no way necessary), and new game perks like Turbo and Hardcore to modify the game more and more. OPTIONS!

It's not accepting they were wrong to make DmC the way they did, it's offering more ways to play a game that they were given the chance to actually make the way they wanted first, and then listening to applicable feedback. These features make the game better, but it was still a great game without them.
A little off topic but, do you know where Greg used to hold his streams?

Because I believe you said you watched some when Greg mentioned he would be doing livestreams.

Ruisu

Very much doubt it. Some skins in the PS3 version didn't even have some of the "bright" effects the regular skin had in devil trigger.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Holy ****, this is a good question! Maybe @GregaMan can shed some light on that.

Was it you and I who had that discussion? I was discussing that a while back with someone regarding the lack of a lock on and they insisted that I didn't need one and I insisted that I did. I told them that Bayonetta's soft lock was just as good as DmC's but regardless of 'need' I wanted the option of it. I kinda wanna say it was you.

I...have no clue >.< I'm always okay with options, though, because they let people play the way they want. No reason to force the lock-on into a game where they actually put the work into not needing it. I don't even use the lock in Bayo because it's almost an afterthought, really only in special cases when I want to really keep track of something that's really bookin' it or it's a giant boss that I'd like to know where to direct attacks. I can see myself using the DmC one in certain situations, but hey, the beauty is I don't need to - even to use something like Hightime.

A little off topic but, do you know where Greg used to hold his streams?

Because I believe you said you watched some when Greg mentioned he would be doing livestreams.

As far as I remember it should be the Capcom-Unity Twitch channel, but @GregaMan can clarify if need be.

Top Bottom