• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc dante vs DMC3 vergil

who wins

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I really wish Spider-Man could use a gun... and a sword.

****sees your expressions of scorn, incredulity, and pity****

I'm just gonna go now.

Who needs friends, anyway?

EvilX-81

Hmm... Spiderman swinging around a sword attached to a web could be fun... but then again, that's just a kasurigama. Damnit, there really are no new ideas anymore.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't care for the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Disappointing and not what I was expecting.

They need to bring back Spectacular Spider-Man! Spectacular Spider-Man was a worthy successor to the great 90s show. The animation might have been a little more cartoonish but, the heart was there and it really had the spirit of the show from back in the day. Loved Spectacular Spider-Man.

I'm sick of good sophisticated superhero cartoons being cancelled in favor for shows for f#cking toddlers man.

A lot of good superhero shows have just went away. Young Justice is gone and that show was amazing. Also Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was cancelled in favor of a new Avengers cartoon with the same line up as the movie no less. Oh, Falcon is in it but, he's already been confirmed for The Winter Soldier so let's start promoting now.

I'm gonna miss Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It had one of the coolest theme songs I've heard in recent memory.
Incoming musical badassery.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
This thread turned complete 180s. Somebody should really make a Marvel Comics thread in the General discussion section.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
with Vergil's iaido skills we can't really tell how much of it is Vergil's skill and how much of it is Yamato's power because we have never seen him use another katana and if we can't figure that out we don't really know how much of what he does with Yamato applies to his other abilities. it probably doesn't matter since he always has Yamato but it seems like something to keep in mind.

also this thread really does not seem to be going anywhere at this point.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well about the only evidence of whether that speed is his or Yamato's sorta lies in how fast he can move with his other weapons, which seems to be about the same speed as Dante. That's about all we can gather from that, methinks.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Well about the only evidence of whether that speed is his or Yamato's sorta lies in how fast he can move with his other weapons, which seems to be about the same speed as Dante. That's about all we can gather from that, methinks.

i believe sparda has stated before that the power doesn't lie in the weapon, but it lies in the beholder. so i believe that vergil's yamato has demon energy, but its vergil who controls that power. so, vergil is just an op god, where as DmC dante is just a highly powerful creature. it would be like green lantern fighting superman. both are very powerful, but in the end, we all know who's gonna win.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
This thread turned complete 180s. Somebody should really make a Marvel Comics thread in the General discussion section.
New Marvel thread here.
http://www.devilmaycry.org/communit...mics-manga-movies-shows-weapons-vs-etc.16353/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On-topic (how many times have I ever written that?) :lol:
both are very powerful, but in the end, we all know who's gonna win.
... As you say.
In any case, like I said before, Vergil's normal strikes with Yamato are at normal speed. It's only when he unsheathes the Yamato does it become blindingly fast, therefore, suggesting that all the additional power lies within the blade itself, and not necessarily with Vergil's natural skill.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
i believe sparda has stated before that the power doesn't lie in the weapon, but it lies in the beholder. so i believe that vergil's yamato has demon energy, but its vergil who controls that power. so, vergil is just an op god, where as DmC dante is just a highly powerful creature. it would be like green lantern fighting superman. both are very powerful, but in the end, we all know who's gonna win.

Wait...when did Sparda ever say anything to anyone about anything o_O

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ah. I don't remember too much from the anime...I watched it and every time Dante was babysitting a brat instead of killing demons my eyes glossed over. So...for about 90% of the show, really :p

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
devil may cry anime i believe
Hah. I wasn't aware that Sparda had any actual dialogue. Spoken or otherwise. But fair enough.
my eyes glossed over. So...for about 90% of the show, really :p
That show could have been so much better. And people say that the original DMC had a basis for a good story. Maybe so, but that didn't stop the anime (and some aspects of the games) from failing in the narrative department anyway.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Hah. I wasn't aware that Sparda had any actual dialogue. Spoken or otherwise. But fair enough.

That show could have been so much better. And people say that the original DMC had a basis for a good story. Maybe so, but that didn't stop the anime (and some aspects of the games) from failing in the narrative department anyway.
That DMC show was terrible.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/20/4541304/superman-batman-warner-bros-2015

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
New Marvel thread here.
http://www.devilmaycry.org/communit...mics-manga-movies-shows-weapons-vs-etc.16353/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On-topic (how many times have I ever written that?) :lol:

... As you say.
In any case, like I said before, Vergil's normal strikes with Yamato are at normal speed. It's only when he unsheathes the Yamato does it become blindingly fast, therefore, suggesting that all the additional power lies within the blade itself, and not necessarily with Vergil's natural skill.

iaido is going to be far faster then beating someone with the sheathed sword even without magical powers being involved. the entire point of iaido is that it allows you to cut the enemy in half in less then a second starting with the sword sheathed (and that's just a normal human with training using a normal katana.) it's not exactly a slow way of fighting.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
iaido is going to be far faster then beating someone with the sheathed sword even without magical powers being involved. it's not exactly a slow way of fighting.
*******sighhhhhhhhhhh*********
tumblr_mo1bu4q8zs1r33pmco1_500.gif

Then what makes you think that Vergil's strikes are "Faster Than Light" in the first place?

And, as TwoXAcross (that name is so hard to write... I'm just going to say "TXA") said, once you go faster than light, it no longer has mass, therefore it won't be able to do you any harm.

Fine, if a human can do it quickly, than a demon could obviously do it faster... just not so fast that it can escape DmC Dante.

DmC Dante has his Angel Warp, which is almost, if not just as fast as Vergil's Darkslayer and Iaido strike.

You can argue semantics all day, it wouldn't stop the Angel Warp itself from being less fast.

By the way, Vergil's recovery time is slow at best. As soon as he unsheathes Yamato, it doesn't matter if he uses a Darkslayer Warp to cancel out of said recovery time, Dante would still have no problem catching up to him due to his own tools at his disposal.

Not saying he'll win, but I'm certainly not going to say he'll definitely lose, either.

Top Bottom