• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc dante vs DMC3 vergil

who wins

• Total voters

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Okay, let's just pause for a moment and grant the idea that Vergil's Judgment Cut is FTL. What does that mean toward how it'd function in the fight itself?

Well we already went over that, actually. Because at most we've seen the FTL is part of Yamato's iaido, and not movement speed or anything else, so it makes his iaido slashes really damn fast, but it may not apply to anything else, similarly how other Devil Arms offer bonus abilities only when they're equipped, like Air Hike or whatnot.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I loved Stranglehold. A lot of people I know didn't care for it though making it seem underrated. I thought it was one of the best shooter experiences since Max Payne at that time. I'm a John Woo fan so just playing as Tequila in a video game is awesome in itself and I was excited for it.

Hard Boiled holds a special place in my heart because it was my introduction to his films when I was a kid. And that's true what you said. It's never a bad time for some Woo.

Y'know Chancey, I may just love you.

EvilX-81

Well we already went over that, actually. Because at most we've seen the FTL is part of Yamato's iaido, and not movement speed or anything else, so it makes his iaido slashes really damn fast, but it may not apply to anything else, similarly how other Devil Arms offer bonus abilities only when they're equipped, like Air Hike or whatnot.

Well to be clear, what I'm asking is does the movement speed of his Judgement Cut account into the speed for the rest of his attacks, or just specifically the Judgment Cut?

Raw power? Superman would still destroy Goku regardless.

Yea, because of the other two stats. Meanwhile he's been KO'ed by exploding solar systems, which SSJ2 surpasses. He's not taking one of those full power shots to the face and continuing the fight short of sundip.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well to be clear, what I'm asking is does the movement speed of his Judgement Cut account into the speed for the rest of his attacks, or just specifically the Judgment Cut?

Generally it only seems to apply to his iaido skills. So Judgment Cut and whatever other skills have him using Yamato from the scabbard.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Aww shucks. Love is a strong word though and I don't wanna move too fast.

But, I'll bring my two friends!

mv3v.png

EvilX-81

Generally it only seems to apply to his iaido skills. So Judgment Cut and whatever other skills have him using Yamato from the scabbard.

Hmm, I was thinking it'd be better to rely on non-Judgment Cut attacks since his "FTL attack speed" during it is kinda useless. All that supposed speed to create slashing bubble that doesn't appear and cause damage until moments after the attack has been initiated.

Been bugging me for the longest time since this argument started. Supposed FTL speed for an attack that hits *later*. Got that off my chest.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hmm, I was thinking it'd be better to rely on non-Judgment Cut attacks since his "FTL attack speed" during it is kinda useless. All that supposed speed to create slashing bubble that doesn't appear and cause damage until moments after the attack has been initiated.

Been bugging me for the longest time since this argument started. Supposed FTL speed for an attack that hits *later*. Got that off my chest.

Yeah, that's the main kink with it, because even in game we can easily avoid the attack by doing normal human feats, eg rolling and running :x

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, that's the main kink with it, because even in game we can easily avoid the attack by doing normal human feats, eg rolling and running :x
Not to mention, whenever the Yamato is sheathed, Vergil's attacks are also at normal speeds. His hitting with the sheath (saya) is slow in comparison to the actual unsheathing attacks, supporting the evidence that it's the Yamato Blade itself that's giving him the power to move that quickly, and is not part of his natural (given) skillset.

Like Starfall Lvl. 2 with Beowulf and Helm Breaker Lvl. 2 with Force Edge.

You could argue that once he bought/learned the moves from the statue of time, the moves are automatically his, therefore no longer needing the weapon, but it doesn't explain why he's still slower with some moves and not others afterwards. Chalk it up to (even more) plot holes.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I always figure that weapon skills are literally skills you can do with that weapon.

Even if Vergil knew iaido, it's not like he could apply that same technique to the Force Edge, or Beowulf.

Although...in DMC games they never hold onto their weapons, they always get taken from and placed on their back after they're done with an attack :p

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Even if Vergil knew iaido, it's not like he could apply that same technique to the Force Edge, or Beowulf.

Well, that's obvious since weapons have different kinds of use and style to use them.
It's not like a shotgun can be shoot fast as an M16A2 if i'm making any sense here.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, that's obvious since weapons have different kinds of use and style to use them.
It's not like a shotgun can be shoot fast as an M16A2 if i'm making any sense here.

Well, yeah. That's my point. Weapons have unique abilities and special powers because they are unique weapons :p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There's always Hit-Monkey, who can hold guns in his feet, too.
dphit-monkey.jpg

2076687-hitmonkeyimage1.jpg

Believe it!
You think that characters in the Marvel universe would just not question anything anymore at this point.

That was a fun story though. Spider-Man is my favorite superhero ever and Deadpool is in my top 3. Seeing them together is awesome.

Top Bottom