• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc dante vs DMC3 vergil

who wins

• Total voters

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
My argument is invalid because Dante has more impressive feats than Alu at age of 35 than Alu whos 580 years?

That´s a ridicolous argument. How can you make it?

.......What are you saying? Alucard as a 35 years old doesn't even stand a chance against Dante because those were the days that he was Vlad the Implaler and he was just clearly human. What i'm saying is your argument is invalid the fact that you are using age as the basis of power. You're basically saying that it's unfair to compare 35 year old dante to 580 year old Alucard. Why? Dante have shown far better feats than Alucard even the fact that he is 580 years old.

IncarnatedDemon

.......What are you saying? Alucard as a 35 years old doesn't even stand a chance against Dante because those were the days that he was Vlad the Implaler and he was just clearly human. What i'm saying is your argument is invalid the fact that you are using age as the basis of power. You're basically saying that it's unfair to compare 35 year old dante to 580 year old Alucard. Why? Dante have shown far better feats than Alucard even the fact that he is 580 years old.
I am not using age as the only basis.
I am saying it´s a factor that you must take into consideration if you want accurate results.
Just because Dante is beastly at age of 35 compared to Alu at age of 580, does not make a comparison of them at those ages valid.

I dont know much about Alu, but your telling me now that Alu was a human at age of 35.
That is fine, i don´t think comparing Alu and Dante at such ages would be appropriate considering that Alu is known for being a vampire, and you say hes not one at age of 35.

But how you can find my argument invalid is beyond me. I mean your saying "Dante is so strong at age of 35, more so than Alu, so its not unfair to compare him to Alu whos 580 years".

Here are some questions to think about:
Can Dante become over 500 years old? If so, do you believe a 500 years old Dante will be as strong as he is at age of 35?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I am not using age as the only basis.
I am saying it´s a factor that you must take into consideration if you want accurate results.
Just because Dante is beastly at age of 35 compared to Alu at age of 580, does not make a comparison of them at those ages valid.

No, it should not really be considered.

I dont know much about Alu, but your telling me now that Alu was a human at age of 35.
That is fine, i don´t think comparing Alu and Dante at such ages would be appropriate considering that Alu is known for being a vampire, and you say hes not one at age of 35.

Because Alucard is clearly based on the real historical Vlad the Impaler and Bram stoker's Dracula bro! Vlad the Impaler was still on his prime at age 35 and he was not still a vampire during that time. He died at age 45 where which is said he drinked his own blood and made pact with the devil to become a vampire. So yes he is not one at age of 35.

Here are some questions to think about:
Can Dante become over 500 years old? If so, do you believe a 500 years old Dante will be as strong as he is at age of 35?

Again why does it matter? If Dante can't make it 500 years old why does it matter in a fanfiction battle? And if he does yes he would be much stronger but we only have to put up to DMC 2 Dante who is 35 or 40 against Alucard who is 580s because that is what the canon material gave us and we should stop making these silly age assumptions of what would be Dante's feats and powers after 500 years because that is like searching for atlantis.

IncarnatedDemon

No, it should not really be considered.

Because Alucard is clearly based on the real historical Vlad the Impaler and Bram stoker's Dracula bro! Vlad the Impaler was still on his prime at age 35 and he was not still a vampire during that time. He died at age 45 where which is said he drinked his own blood and made pact with the devil to become a vampire. So yes he is not one at age of 35.

Again why does it matter? If Dante can't make it 500 years old why does it matter in a fanfiction battle? And if he does yes he would be much stronger but we only have to put up to DMC 2 Dante who is 35 or 40 against Alucard who is 580s because that is what the canon material gave us and we stop making these silly age assumptions of what would be Dante's feats and powers after 500 years because that is like searching for atlantis.
When possible i think its best to compare two characters at the age of the character with least existence.
e.g Dante is around 35 years, while Alu is 580 years.
Then compare Alu when he was 35 years with Dante.

That is...if circumstances allow for such comparison.
Such comparison will be far more accurate than a comparison of 35 old character vs 580 years old one.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
It would not be accurate because that battle is clearly a curb stomped. What is more accurate are both characters at their peak. Okay, not Alucard's peak when he achieved omnipresence but as the guy before he became omnipresence if that make sense.

IncarnatedDemon

I suppose doing it that way, its valid.
Because many times there is not enough data to clearly find out who wins.

But i think a comparison where age is taken into consideration, a comparison with plenty of data, would be much more accurate than one where you compare the characters at their peaks.
Because things can change over course of time.
Especially if your immortal, then your power grows stronger than before.

EDIT:
In Alu vs Dante case, since Alu was not a vampire at age of 35, then all you need to do is compare Alu´s vampire years with Dante´s years.
But something tells me there is not enough data for such comparison.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I suppose doing it that way, its valid.
Because many times there is not enough data to clearly find out who wins.

But i think a comparison where age is taken into consideration, a comparison with plenty of data, would be much more accurate than one where you compare the characters at their peaks.
Because things can change over course of time.
Especially if your immortal, then your power grows stronger than before.

As i said again, it's like searching for the unknown because we do not know how strong Dante would be after hundred of years. He might become like his alternate counterpart SMT Dante who can instant kill gods, planet f*ckers and **** but then again, that's only a fanfiction dante in the SMT Nocturne universe.

IncarnatedDemon

As i said again, it's like searching for the unknown because we do not know how strong Dante would be after hundred of years. He might become like his alternate counterpart SMT Dante who can instant kill gods, planet f*ckers and **** but then again, that's only a fanfiction dante in the SMT Nocturne universe.
I am just discussing that age matters.

For Dante vs Alu case, i realize its complicated long time ago.
But its important to acknowledge that Alu vs Dante battle is not definite. Its rough results.
Because of reasons u mentioned.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Yes it's definitely rough results. I mean 85% of people in the world who knows both characters definitely think that Alucard would won because of his regen and he is very, very, very, very hard to kill since you need to kill millions of his lives. That is if there is a single blow that can destroy all of his lives in an instant and some other special abilities.

Oh, and the fact that the f*cker is omnipresent.

IncarnatedDemon

Yes it's definitely rough results. I mean 85% of people in the world who knows both characters definitely think that Alucard would won because of his regen and he is very, very, very, very hard to kill since you need to kill millions of his lives. That is if there is a single blow that can destroy all of his lives in an instant and some other special abilities.

Oh, and the fact that the f*cker is omnipresent.
wats omnipresent?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
This is a battle that never should have happened. Comparing Kratos and making him battle with Spawn is just shaming Spawn's badassery.

Yeah, that seems to be the problem with ScrewAttack. They talk about how they do extensive background work, but in the end it ends up being a fanboy battle, eg Link vs Cloud. ScrewAttack and its community are in love with Nintendo, and given what I know about both the characters, and what they outfitted them with, the battle would have gone rather differently :/

EvilX-81

I wonder whether he knows that you don't lose mass. It can really only be explained mathematically but your relative mass is your energy divided by the speed of light squared. So even photons (light particles) which have no rest mass still have relative mass. Now, an object going FTL would have an indeterminate relative mass which means that no frame of reference would be able to determine its mass.

Also, I don't think he understands the nature of my argument. The Alcubierre Drive is a way for us to travel FTL but I'm not using that in my argument. Rather I'm using space- warping as a result of FTL travel. Also, about that bit about my assumpting being "idiotic", it has never been done before but we do have guesses as to what it would be like. For me to say that Vergil fits those guesses is actually a stretch (a very, very, very long stretch) on my part but if I want to keep the model, I'll have to assume that I am right in doing so (especially since the only comparsion Vergil's bubble has to a "real" space warp is the bending of light which, I would guess, is what causes the blue tint the bubble has).

I mean, he's not wrong in what he's saying since it's true that I'm using theoretical physics, but I am making an assumption that calls for the use of theoretical physics. We are talking about FTL travel which hasn't happened before in our universe, so what else am I to use but what's theoretical? Comparing it to "imaginary evidence" is pretty much undermining the fact that it is imaginary.

So with that said, if you want "real evidence", I could take the time to provide you with the math required for Vergil to do Judgement Cut.

Oh, and as for citing, I'm drawing my conclusions partially from thought experiments and partially from at least twenty different sources. I'm lazy, so I'm not going to take the time to cite all that.

If you don't mind, I'll listen to the guy who I know is mid-way through a dual General Physics and Astrophysics Major, and has been doing so with high grades (pretty much his entire life) :/ Ironically, he also loves Vergil in DMC3, his favorite character in the whole series :p

Then again, there's still the fact that you're applying extremely hypothetical theories and trying to make them fit with your arguments, and that's not something that we can put up as fact. Much like DmC Sparda, we don't have enough actual solid information - it's all theoretical, and just doesn't work.

Plus, did you ever think that Judgment Cut is really just a magical power from Yamato, just like Rebellion's Overdrive launches magical blades of energy and the like? DMC is series heavily steeped in mysticism, usually the answer for everything supernatural is magic in some sort of way.

Try to remember that sometimes age doesn't account for much at all. Dante himself has apparently surpassed Sparda in power, and Dante has only been around for a fraction of the time Sparda has.

Okay, let's just pause for a moment and grant the idea that Vergil's Judgment Cut is FTL. What does that mean toward how it'd function in the fight itself?

EvilX-81

As much as I love Zelda, I would totally go with Cloud on that match.

However, the match between Goku Vs. Superman was right. I swear it's so hard for the weeaboos to accept that. I love superheroes and I do like Superman. I also love Goku and I'm a massive Dragonball fan. I like Goku more than Supes.

BUT SUPERMAN WOULD DESTROY GOKU PERIOD.

It's actually getting on my nerd nerves because so many people won't let it go. I love Goku too but, man he's no match for Superman. Everyone wanted that match up for the longest time and I was like the only one that was saying the whole time "Why? Superman will win anyway."

Of course he would; DBZ ended with the occasional movie here or there that pops up, while Supes is still being written today, published in multiple comics monthly, and most of the time by fanwank writers who are constantly looking for a chance to have him do something monumentally over-the-top, his relation to being a challenge to his foes and the other high powered heroes be damned, even after he's supposed to have had a powerdown from a reboot. Benchpressing a planet for 7 days and *literally* breaking a single sweat, GTFOH Lobdell.

Though seriously, while I think the Supes they were calculating can beat Goku, Supes has the edge in *combat* speed and significantly in strength (thanks Toriyama for that awesome 40 ton bullshit scene), but Goku has it in raw power.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Stranglehold is one of my all-time favorite video games :3 You'd also probably get a kick out of my quote on my PSN profile - "Let's Get Dangerous." I made the sig myself for an art contest on the Dissidia forum I mod for.

And it's never a bad time to watch Hard Boiled. Or The Killer. Or A Better Tomorrow I and/or II. Or Once A Thief. Or anything else John Woo did. Ironically, my favorite Woo film is Brave Heart Beat, which was regarded as one of his worst HK flicks. Apparently I always root for the underdogs :p
I loved Stranglehold. A lot of people I know didn't care for it though making it seem underrated. I thought it was one of the best shooter experiences since Max Payne at that time. I'm a John Woo fan so just playing as Tequila in a video game is awesome in itself and I was excited for it.

Hard Boiled holds a special place in my heart because it was my introduction to his films when I was a kid. And that's true what you said. It's never a bad time for some Woo.

Top Bottom